Europa League Play-Off Round

ex-montrosesaintee

And to complete the list, the teams who start thir European campaign at this stage are

Spurs (Engerland)

Real Betis (Spain)

Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)

Fiorentina (Italy)

Braga (Portugal)

Nice (France)

Spartak Moscow (Russia)

AZ (Netherlands)

Feyenoord (Netherlands)

Dinamo Kiev (Ukraine)

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)

Atrimotos (Greece)

Besiktas (Turkey)

Genk (Belgium)

Esbjerg (Denmark)

St Gallen (Switzerland)

Pasching (Austria)

Apollon Limassol (CYP)

-----------------------------

would prefer to avoud these teams and draw a lowly ranked team that come out of the 3rd rnd qual.... we MUST do this. It is A huge chance .... group stage, 6 games... that would be immense! COYS!

Hello, Stoke fan here, used to post on this board a few years back and had some banter with a Saints fan who also kind of followed WBA (up to the point where it was obvious they were going straight back down!)

I've only had a glance at the possible ties for you guys (hoping you win tonight) so correct me if it's no longer a possibility but I'd go for Maccabi Tel Aviv if I was you. We drew them in the Group Stage a couple of years back and I can safely say they were the worst team I have ever seen at the Britannia Stadium. They offered nothing up front at all (they could still be playing now, and it'd still be nil to them) and were appalling at defending corners and crosses. Literally like schoolkids watching the ball come over and get headed into the net! The best I could say about them is that they were neat and tidy in possession, while having no cutting edge at all.

It's a long way to Israel I realise and you're all perhaps hoping for a trip somewhere closer, but you'd have a great chance of making the Group Stage if you draw them, then you'll have three nice away ties to look forward to.

I ended up going to the Mestalla to watch us take on Valencia in R32, 3 of the best days of my life; 6,000 Stokies living it up, beautiful city, wall-to-wall sunshine in February, a famous old stadium, a decent crack at it, great stuff.

I used to live in Perth and followed them to Monaco back in 1999 (?). I even caught one of Alan Main's gloves after he lobbed them into the Saints fans. I gave it to a proper Saints supporter at work.

Anyway, hope that might have whet your whistles for a European adventure. Good luck tonight.

I forgot to mention, Maccabi Tel Aviv's fullback got sent off for kicking his boot at the lino. This was a couple of minutes after getting Cameron Jerome sent off for pretending to be hit in the face by an arm, so you can imagine the gentle sendoff the Stoke fans gave him. The truly ironic thing was Ryan Shotton had just left his boot in on him so he had every reason to be hacked off. Karma is a bitch!

Here it is, the clown!

To be honest, i'm not getting this concern with what happens in the next round.

Minsk did what they had to do, odious as it was....we didn't.

They aint gonna win it.

I just want to avoid the whole thing at the moment. That may change as the pain slowly lessens

Edited by Edstar101

To be honest, i'm not getting this concern with what happens in the next round.

Minsk did what they had to do, odious as it was....we didn't.

They aint gonna win it.

I just want to avoid the whole thing at the moment. That may change as the pain slowly lessens

Would it be fair to say that you,re not taking this very well Edward? Pop into the spoons tonight between 8-10pm and I,ll buy you a pint.