Dundee Utd V Saints 24/8/13

Dunno what the stewards were playing at, always the same at Tannadump. Same guys every time.

25 minutes in and they decide that everyone should sit down!! Nothing had changed, no reason to change their minds. Then of course half the folk do what they are told, and can't see because the other half refuse. The guys were grinning when they did it, like they'd planned to do it after 25 minutes to irritate the crowd.

Like I said before, the guy with the moustache was desperate to chuck folk out too.

Even game of cat and mouse for the first 20 mins, then a wonderful passage of play, albeit with a fortuitous deflection gave united the lead. Saints responded by upping their game and pushing for the equaliser....but following the 2nd, utd got better and better. Paton and Ranks controlled the mid, defence looked comfortable, and Dow (a deserved motm) and Armstrong performed well. Gms carried his usual threat and Goodie worked away. For saints, Haslebank was a handful for Watson in the first half and May certainly looks a player. saints defence vulnerable when faced with pace. Davidson, Wetherspoon, and Millar out fought and out thought. Banks hardly to blame for the scoreline. We needed a result and Jmac delivered a much tighter formation and the players responded, very happy Arab;)

Hoodlum i am not blaming Banks as such, i just feel the level we are at just now we need a sharp understudy goalkeeper, and i think a up and coming youngster is more likley to have better reflexes than a 40+ goal keeping coach, I just got the feeling the team,players today was not comfortable with banks in the goal, I also have this feeling about Tam Scobbie, but i give him my full backing every game as he is my type of player and so far is holding his own,       

==============
Your saying that, but my view was when the shot went in,Banks took off to make the save.
A defender, not sure which one, arched his back and the shot hit him on the back, which raised the trajectory of the ball and beyond Banks despairing dive.
Lucky or unlucky?

Second goal, Badfanny with a free header from close range.
Can't blame keeper for that.
Third goal, ball travelling at pace towards our goal with I think Cuptie chaperoning it back to Banks as he came off his line .

GMS follows up and toe pokes towards goal, somehow eluding Banks. Seems that the ball went through him.
Had he spread his body on the deck, might have blocked it.

Real sickener this one.

Fourth goal, from where I was, when the ball got fed out to the guy on the right wing he looked a yard offside , before he cut it back for them to score.

One of those days when anything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Particularly galling was we made Dillon look good.

For the Arabs, they had more players capable of passing the ball better than we did on the day.

Not the end of the world by any means.

Win 4-0 one week and lose 4-0 the next doesn't mean the Arabs will beat RC 8-0 when they meet.

Take it on the chin and move on.

GUBBED. HORSED. OWNED. SLAUGHTERED. Any one of these words pretty much covers todays game. United were streets ahead of us in terms of pace, commitment, skill and belief. As brilliant as we were last week we were rank rotten today. Cannae wait till Monday when the college Arabs will have a field day ripping the pish .

It's only a game though eh.. :wink: 

Also.

Bit miffed that some of the finger pointing tonight seems to be at our stand in keeper. The simple fact is that from front to back we , as a team , were not at the races, Yes, the keeper might have done better with two of the goals but we had our first choice back four out there and they really needed to help and protect him more. The midfield lost most of their battles today and up front we hardly even tested the Utd keeper. If fans want to point the finger, point it at the WHOLE team and maybe even the management team for the tactics employed out there today..

Bad day at the office. Did not agree wth Preston who was wetting himself over Dundee Utd performance. Thought it was just one of these days, Defelcted goal, strange bounce for 4th mistake for third and possibly second.

Move on and upwards again next week

We played some outstanding football today regardless of the goals, (as is often the way a replay is required to fully appreciate some of the play) you make your own luck, and we certainly worked for everything we got.

RE Banks, had a couple of superb saves.......6 would have flattered us ..........slightly. ;)

Bit over the top i would say, we actually played well first half and could not beleive we were 3 down at half time, 

Drama Queen springs to mind here.   

GUBBED. HORSED. OWNED. SLAUGHTERED. Any one of these words pretty much covers todays game. United were streets ahead of us in terms of pace, commitment, skill and belief. As brilliant as we were last week we were rank rotten today. Cannae wait till Monday when the college Arabs will have a field day ripping the pish .

It's only a game though eh.. :wink: 

Also.

Bit miffed that some of the finger pointing tonight seems to be at our stand in keeper. The simple fact is that from front to back we , as a team , were not at the races, Yes, the keeper might have done better with two of the goals but we had our first choice back four out there and they really needed to help and protect him more. The midfield lost most of their battles today and up front we hardly even tested the Utd keeper. If fans want to point the finger, point it at the WHOLE team and maybe even the management team for the tactics employed out there today..

Despite the scoreline we were playing some good football. There were some mistakes, but i don't think it was down to one person. Banks certainly made a few very good saves. Motm for me was may - kept running and tackling until the last minute when the heads had gone down from other players.

Thank feck i never paid for me and the wee man to get in,All week i wasnt going due to finances and then i eventually bit the bullet this morning,Felt positive, great fibes at the start and then boom - DOWNER. If i was £33 down at full time it would have been even harder to bare COYS

Bit over the top i would say, we actually played well first half and could not beleive we were 3 down at half time, 

Drama Queen springs to mind here.   

I certainly think that when your team lose 4-0, with your keeper making another two outstanding saves, and your own attack fail to make the oppositions keeper make one decent save,( and yet you say we were playing well???) it would not be OTT to  describe the  proceedings as I did. Whilst I respect your right to have a different opinion  from my own, I feel there is no need to call me a drama queen. If I was a drama queen I might complain to the mods  about  broken forum rules under the personal abuse category. As I am not though, I won't.. :wink:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Thought the game started at a great tempo and we looed good for the first 25 mins but we lost too many personal battles all over the pitch and didn't seem to win 2nd balls ,when nigel ,may + mclean got the ball in good forward areas we over played it and the chances were gone,distribution fairly poor aswell..shame really as another great saints away crowd deserved better.The police and stewards are a disgrace..oooh omg was in the lower stand and it really stunk to highheavens youd think they could give the place of hose down once a year eh.

Good early goal from United settled the nerves but Saints had their best spell just after. Even game till the 2nd goal went in and then United dominated. Every team in the SPL will have performances like that at some point. Good solid players have been the backbone of Saints success just didn't show up. Fraser Wright would be a prime example of that. Couldn't cope with the pace and movement of United's forward players and resorted to just trying to kick anything that moved (although it was hillarious watching as he made 3 attempts to kick Cifti in 10 seconds and he missed him with all three kicks) Saints will respond and with Hasslebaink , May and Weatherspoon they now have a bit of flair to compliment the good solid pros. As with all flair players at this level, they won't alwayys perform but with the good solid base and when Davidson regains his fitness and form then Saints will continue to be a very tough side to play.

Seems a gentleman grassed up one of the 'young team' to the police, in front of said young team who weren't particularly happy about it. Nothing physical but a verbal argument happened.

The old man next to me was not happy with the fact the old man in front of him was standing so told him to sit down, which he did, but he then moaned he couldn't see. Said man went and sat behind moany old man. Moany old man then stood up. Cue the man who had just moved behind happy tap his shoulder and told him to sit down, they also had an arguement and the moany old man shouted at him '****ing shut up or I will plant one on you.' These two men were both over 60. It was childish and hilarious.

You must have been very near me!I was just behind the seat throwing incident area(half time, but missed it all as i was at the loo) a few near me having a right go at the "grass"