Jim Spence & Bbc Banned From Interviewing At Tannadice

Blues Brother

The banning of the BBC is nothing to do with Jim Spence. It is a result of the covergae by the BBC and STV (who ran a piece entitled "Why Gavin Gunning Should Have Been Sent Off for Kicking Virgil Van Dijk" the link of which was sent to the compliance officer) of the Celtic match resulting in Gunning's 3 match ban. Suprisingly said coverage missed out or failed to comment on van Dijk kicking out at Gunning first, Scott Brown's two footed challenge on Stuart Armstrong and Stokes diving to win a freekick and then cheating by moving the ball. Still pretty stupid to go down this route as it won't change anything and makes us look pety.

The banning of the BBC is nothing to do with Jim Spence. It is a result of the covergae by the BBC and STV (who ran a piece entitled "Why Gavin Gunning Should Have Been Sent Off for Kicking Virgil Van Dijk" the link of which was sent to the compliance officer) of the Celtic match resulting in Gunning's 3 match ban. Suprisingly said coverage missed out or failed to comment on van Dijk kicking out at Gunning first, Scott Brown's two footed challenge on Stuart Armstrong and Stokes diving to win a freekick and then cheating by moving the ball. Still pretty stupid to go down this route as it won't change anything and makes us look pety.

On a serious note, if the above happened, which I do not doubt, who has the right to highlight these to the authorities other than the useless lump of a compliance officer who seems to only act on anything highlighted by the BBC/STV?

If 1 person is going to get done then surely they must either analyse every match in complete detail or just do away with this vindictive unjust system.

If Utd have the evidence of the things ODAB mentions then they have to bring them to the attention of the beaks....if I were at Utd, I'd go further and start to bring everything to the attention to the compliance officer...they shouldn't be able to pick and choose those that get punished.

If Utd have the evidence of the things ODAB mentions then they have to bring them to the attention of the beaks....if I were at Utd, I'd go further and start to bring everything to the attention to the compliance officer...they shouldn't be able to pick and choose those that get punished.

The evidence of van Dijk's kicks was exactly the same evidence used against Gunning (who totally deserves a ban for gross stupidity and if the rumours as to how he reinjured himself in the summer are true then his IQ is the same as his shirt number) The video clearly shows van Dijk flicking both legs out, one after the other, at Gunning but not one commentator or journalist has mentioned this. The compliance officer has been sent many links, timings of incidents and comments about the other incidents in that game but for some reason nothing has been done. In truth, as the Garry O'Connor incident showed, these people that review things are just as inconsistent as match officials. However the thing that has caused the problem is the BBC and STV showing such unbelievable bias to totally ignore important incidents in their coverage that were against Celtic and yet go to town on the Gunning issue again completely ignoring van Dijk's role in the incident.

Ball crosses the goal line, officials miss it.

Clear penalty incident, officials miss it.

Fly kick at an opponent, no injury, officials miss it.

All reviewed on video by the compliance officer.

Guess which one is acted upon, and guess which one has least impact on the outcome of the game?

Total joke.

If they are going to use reviews, it should be all or nothing :mad:

Gunning kicked out and should be punished simples

=====

No doubt about it Scoby, but as other posters have highlighted another level of beaurocracy is making a farce of who is punished and who

escapes punishment.

Get rid of this compliance officer and add his unwarranted salary to the clubs payment distribution fund.

Might also dispel another of the conspiracy theories that we hold.

Apparently United have already lifted the ban.

Looks like someone has seen sense. Media were the wrong target here.

The whole Compliance Officer thing seems like an experiment gone wrong.

We already have a Compliance Officer at games........the referee...and if he misses

anything he has the assistance of 2 linesmen. Do we really need some unqualified guy

sitting at home watching TV passing judgements.

Looks like someone has seen sense. Media were the wrong target here.

The whole Compliance Officer thing seems like an experiment gone wrong.

We already have a Compliance Officer at games........the referee...and if he misses

anything he has the assistance of 2 linesmen. Do we really need some unqualified guy

sitting at home watching TV passing judgements.

i want to apply for a joab as a Compliance Officer.

Live in London - well qualified as I'm not affected by the nonsense that surrounds Cellicik & The Goons. Just send me the entire match without commentary via the internet. I write up report there and then. Receive a fee - equivalent to the refs one.

Easy isn't it!

Do I apply to STV at Coocaddens or the BBC? Ooops it's the SFA or is it the SPL?

Latest rumour is that Spence has asked for early retirement/voluntry redunduncy from the BBC. It is being suggested that his decision has been reinforced by his treatment after making a comment about Rangers dying. He has apparently received death threats and threats of violence for his comments and he isn't too happy with the lack of support he has been shown. Again like anything else that appears on a football message board, I take this with a pinch of salt. More than plausible he decided to retire and others are making their own conclusions or just making the whole thing up. If any of the above is true though, it's a sad state of affairs.

This is yet another example of The Ranger mafia trying to destroy anybody who dares to say something they don't like, even if the original comments were just careless during a discussion.

It took long enough for the BBC and the NUJ to support JS, but they should go further and actively speak out against this unacceptable attitude every time it happens.

We need people like JS in the media as an alternative to the pro-bigot/Rangers-are-wonderful brigade.

This is yet another example of The Ranger mafia trying to destroy anybody who dares to say something they don't like, even if the original comments were just careless during a discussion.

It took long enough for the BBC and the NUJ to support JS, but they should go further and actively speak out against this unacceptable attitude every time it happens.

We need people like JS in the media as an alternative to the pro-bigot/Rangers-are-wonderful brigade.

off topic slightly -but did you see the story today about the dog dressed in a Celtic top ?