Lee Croft

sjfc.spl.09-10

Lomas is the only man to ever lead Saints in to Europe twice. He can be as much of a (alleged) t*** as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Jose Mourinho seems like he's a bit of a t*** too to be honest. Don't think anyone questioned his achievements. Rather like Sandy Clark though, I'd suggest he inherited a decent squad, had some success, and left with most people disliking him.

Jose Mourinho seems like he's a bit of a t*** too to be honest. Don't think anyone questioned his achievements. Rather like Sandy Clark though, I'd suggest he inherited a decent squad, had some success, and left with most people disliking him.

The Sandy Clark comparison might have been ok if all he did was get us in Europe the season Del left, but he went on and improved on that whereas Clark had hit the iceberg before he jumped off the ship. Very unfair comparison.

The Sandy Clark comparison might have been ok if all he did was get us in Europe the season Del left, but he went on and improved on that whereas Clark had hit the iceberg before he jumped off the ship. Very unfair comparison.

If we still had Lomas we would not have May or Muzz. Nigel would be an unhappy sub. Caddis would be nowhere near the first team. We would have a random journeyman for a keeper and would be right down with the Jambos.

And his moaning in the press would be unprecedented. And unbearable.

The fact Lomas didn't rate Stevie May & was unwilling to offer him a new contract confirms what t*** he really was.

According to the weekend paper Wright stated that he was being loaned out again by Lomas for the season and a deal was already done. So he must have been wanting to give him a contract.

If we still had Lomas we would not have May or Muzz. Nigel would be an unhappy sub. Caddis would be nowhere near the first team. We would have a random journeyman for a keeper and would be right down with the Jambos.

And his moaning in the press would be unprecedented. And unbearable.

Aye he was so shite he got us into Europe twice.

Until Wright does comparatively well over a similar period of time and Lomas flops at Millwall (both looking possible), you can't just write off Lomas as another SC. Far too early to make that judgement.

What it isn't too early to say is that he is an absolute weapon, who I was ashamed to have in charge of my club. But abilities as a football manager, too early to say.

Aye he was so shite he got us into Europe twice.

Until Wright does comparatively well over a similar period of time and Lomas flops at Millwall (both looking possible), you can't just write off Lomas as another SC. Far too early to make that judgement.

What it isn't too early to say is that he is an absolute weapon, who I was ashamed to have in charge of my club. But abilities as a football manager, too early to say.

2nd season was Lomas's achievement granted. 1st season in Europe was lucky at best.

Lomas was one of the best managers we've had, and the sudden decision that he was a shite manager seems to be purely born from the fact nobody liked him, incredible that some people are still so bitter

No bitterness. Just rampant dislike.

But could have 10000 posts about that. He's history now though. And records will show he did a fine job.

No bitterness. Just rampant dislike.

But could have 10000 posts about that. He's history now though. And records will show he did a fine job.

I know its easy to dislike him, he came across as a right **** who couldn't care about the club. But the way folk go on, comparing him to Clark, you'd think he'd got us relegated and shafted us completely. When in fact he's arguably our most successful ever manager, left us financially sound and made sure his replacement inherited a solid squad

I know its easy to dislike him, he came across as a right **** who couldn't care about the club. But the way folk go on, comparing him to Clark, you'd think he'd got us relegated and shafted us completely. When in fact he's arguably our most successful ever manager, left us financially sound and made sure his replacement inherited a solid squad

I assume you are digging at me here. I find your comment that he left us financially sound quite astonishing.

He spent 18 months greetin' like a bairn that the chairman wouldn't bankroll his preferred signings, the squad was too small etc. when he left, TW was left to butcher the squad, and that is WITHOUT considering the players that Lomas seems to have promised new deals to and then left out in the cold. A weaker chairman above Lomas and he would have happily destroyed us financially and sailed off into the sunset without looking back.

I assume you are digging at me here. I find your comment that he left us financially sound quite astonishing.

He spent 18 months greetin' like a bairn that the chairman wouldn't bankroll his preferred signings, the squad was too small etc. when he left, TW was left to butcher the squad, and that is WITHOUT considering the players that Lomas seems to have promised new deals to and then left out in the cold. A weaker chairman above Lomas and he would have happily destroyed us financially and sailed off into the sunset without looking back.

:lol:  Yes he said a lot of things, and spoke a lot of words, yet spent very little. It was almost as if he trying to challenge his players to prove themselves, maybe not though, but its not as clear cut as your bitterness towards him is making you believe. Managers have always tried to play mind games with their players, whats to say that wasn't one?

And how did Tommy "butcher" the squad? And I assume you're mentioning players getting new contracts purely because of the David Robertson saga, which seems more and more like a good will gesture to help him through his injury, as I can't think of any other who was offered one

Lomas has the balls to piss off the support. By challenging his players publicly, and for loaning out May despite his goals at Alloa. Both decisions seem to have paid off, yet he'll forever be hated because of it, wonder if he regrets it?