Forfar Tie On 8/2/14

ancientsaint

Not to bad in first half. Well off the pace in the second. But we weren't playing a premier team today! Good goal and didn't see why it was chalked off. And surprise surprise was he subbed? NO!

Not a hater, but he does always look for the easiest ball. Never seems to do the unexpected.

And I don't care what anybody says. The small section of troublesome fans behind the goal today are 'The Mongo Army' as far as I'm concerned. Some people find that term offensive, and rightly so. It is offensive when used in relation to disabled people. On the other hand, I think it's a very apt term for this lot. A bigger bunch of mongos I can scarcely imagine.

You can't really spend your time calling Dylan an idiot (a fine cause nonetheless) while in the next breath calling folk the mongo army. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call them the downy army, so why mongo is supposedly OK when it's similarly offensive (and for some extra spice, racist) I don't know.

I'm not getting all high and mighty, it's a term I used to use too, but I'd hope there's a bit more awareness about it nowadays.

Personally I find the use of that term far more offensive than some wee fannys acting like wee fannys. Not that two wrongs etc.

And I don't care what anybody says. The small section of troublesome fans behind the goal today are 'The Mongo Army' as far as I'm concerned. Some people find that term offensive, and rightly so. It is offensive when used in relation to disabled people. On the other hand, I think it's a very apt term for this lot. A bigger bunch of mongos I can scarcely imagine.

Would?"EEJITS" no suffice yer slabbering indignation.!? ya Mongo.!

Edited by croc

You can't really spend your time calling Dylan an idiot (a fine cause nonetheless) while in the next breath calling folk the mongo army. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call them the downy army, so why mongo is supposedly OK when it's similarly offensive (and for some extra spice, racist) I don't know.

I'm not getting all high and mighty, it's a term I used to use too, but I'd hope there's a bit more awareness about it nowadays.

Personally I find the use of that term far more offensive than some wee fannys acting like wee fannys. Not that two wrongs etc.

As my post says, I find the term offensive when used in relation to disabled people. I don't consider disabled people to be 'mongos'. The Young Team are much more worthy of that title than any disabled person I've ever met.

Would"EEJITS" no suffice yer slabbering indignation.!? ya Mongo.!

You seem angry.

As my post says, I find the term offensive when used in relation to disabled people. I don't consider disabled people to be 'mongos'. The Young Team are much more worthy of that title than any disabled person I've ever met.

You seem angry.

Nah Ive just got a puss like Terry "Fish Supper" Butcher, The Term Im sure youll agree is offensive in Any Context.! unless yer Ghengis Kahnnae think of anything else.!

You seem angry.

That doesn't make sense. It's an offensive term, it's derogatory both to disabled people and to an ethnic group. There is no way to use it other than as an insult which has a background as a slur on disabled people, with racial undertones.

It does not just mean "idiot". It (broadly) means someone with Downs Syndrome who therefore allegedly looks Mongolian.

So by using that term you're belittling the condition of downs syndrome by using it as a synonym for idiocy, with some racism thrown in. Not cool.

That doesn't make sense. It's an offensive term, it's derogatory both to disabled people and to an ethnic group. There is no way to use it other than as an insult which has a background as a slur on disabled people, with racial undertones.

It does not just mean "idiot". It (broadly) means someone with Downs Syndrome who therefore allegedly looks Mongolian.

So by using that term you're belittling the condition of downs syndrome by using it as a synonym for idiocy, with some racism thrown in. Not cool.

Can't say I'm aware of any racial undertones there. If I said 'mongols', you might have a point. Words can change their meaning or develop through time. I'm happy in the knowledge that I'm not using it in a disabled context. If a moderator feels differently, they can ban me.

mong > mongo > mongol > mongoloid

It does not have another meaning, it has the meaning I gave which is always offensive to disabled people. The term is rooted in insulting the disabled.

A Google search will tell you all that.

Yes, it does have another meaning. As I've said, the word has developed throughout the years and some people now use it simply to imply 'idiocy'. I'm aware that there are also those who still use it as a derogatory term for disabled people. I don't though. You're being over-sensitive. Instead of arguing about it, feel free to report me to the moderators if you're offended.