Saints V Hearts 18/1/14 Ko 3Pm

glenrothes saintee

And for those who are criticising Mannus, just remember the next time three wee neds are trying  to give one of your mates a doing, you're not allowed to help him out in case you get yourself into trouble, you may get, beat up, or even worse you may be arrested and miss work on Monday. Or you may even miss the next game or two.

Totally, totally different and a very poor comparison to make

Just about recovered from that weird experience. Firstly feel terrible about Muzz terrible timing when he was just getting back to his best. McDonald should buy Ando drinks for a week after that terrible pass and worse still tried it again later. However never a red in a million years was miles away from goal, would like to see both pens as not convinced about either. May's second goal seemed to happen in slow motion really odd, what happened with the mass brawl and two sendings off I really could not see from where I was.

Thought like many on here that Hamill deserved a yellow for dunking the ball very deliberately right in front of an official before we took a throw.

Ref was beyond ridiculous made a rod for his own back by early sending off and then seemed to lose the plot. Do think we were slow off the blocks today.

Will be plenty to watch on Sportscene tomorrow night, that's if they afford the time ahead of their beloved fave other teams

No it's not Ed, and let's not argue cos I actually enjoy reading most of your posts without feeling the need to reply just for the sake of it.

Can you imagine the verbals that must have been going on in there, aside from the obvious physical stuff? 

TW said he's watched it again and saw neither Mannus or Stevenson raise a hand, I beg to differ but will wait for the comprehensive coverage we get on Sportscene before commenting again :laugh:

You said earlier that you couldn't see how grabbing the ball back out of the net gains/loses time, and I agree that it doesn't, I actually feel that the guy who barges his way into the net to get the ball is the instigator of the hell that then breaks loose and therefore should be the only one shown a red card.

No it's not Ed, and let's not argue cos I actually enjoy reading most of your posts without feeling the need to reply just for the sake of it.

Can you imagine the verbals that must have been going on in there, aside from the obvious physical stuff? 

TW said he's watched it again and saw neither Mannus or Stevenson raise a hand, I beg to differ but will wait for the comprehensive coverage we get on Sportscene before commenting again :laugh:

You said earlier that you couldn't see how grabbing the ball back out of the net gains/loses time, and I agree that it doesn't, I actually feel that the guy who barges his way into the net to get the ball is the instigator of the hell that then breaks loose and therefore should be the only one shown a red card.

That would actually be a good way to stop it....only the keeper allowed to remove the ball from the back of the net. Think it was Wright who first grabbed the ball by the way

I didn't make the game today, but was listening on the radio. I was apprehensive about the game today after some of the assumptions made on here of running up a cricket score against hearts and proved beyond doubt that nothing should be taken for granted in football, although perhaps admittedly today's game couldn't have been served up in any less bizarre fashion.

Its unfortunate that a game that was thought to be foregone conclusion before a ball was kicked will now have lasting impacts on our next run of games through injury and suspensions.

Get well soon for TC and Murray D

Watched highlights, thought the penalties were weak, the first especially, but that's the game these days, the ref makes up the drama as he goes along.

Secondly, Manus is in the clear from what I saw. He didn't push anyone initially, if you look closely you will see Miller pushes Patterson into Manus who knocks over the hearts player into the back of the net, then he pushes Patterson off our injured player (quite rightly in my opinion), Patterson gets into the face of Manus, followed by that Stevenson thug who practically assaults Manus, like he was trying to squeeze his head off... Manus does nothing more than stand his ground and hold him off. Was our player down because he hit his head on the post from a cynical hearts push? Highlights seemed to conveniently cut away from what knocked him down. 

No surprise at the sending's off of course, the chances of the referee getting that right would be next to zero.

Anderson gets a red card yet at easter road stevie may is taken out in a similar position and the hibs player gets a yellow!

And against Minsk this happened at least 4 times with yellows each time. It seems when the incident comes from a mistake the ref is more likely to produce a red because they believe its intentional. You see it all the time with clumsy first touches followed by a desperate recovery tackle that's late and then a red card.

And for the record, I've been an open critic of Gary Macdonald on here and yesterday is a prime example of why. He plays 2 or 3 crazy, careless and dangerous passes every single game. It was only a matter of time before we were punished. He totally lacks concentration.

Watched highlights, thought the penalties were weak, the first especially, but that's the game these days, the ref makes up the drama as he goes along.

Secondly, Manus is in the clear from what I saw. He didn't push anyone initially, if you look closely you will see Miller pushes Patterson into Manus who knocks over the hearts player into the back of the net, then he pushes Patterson off our injured player (quite rightly in my opinion), Patterson gets into the face of Manus, followed by that Stevenson thug who practically assaults Manus, like he was trying to squeeze his head off... Manus does nothing more than stand his ground and hold him off. Was our player down because he hit his head on the post from a cynical hearts push? Highlights seemed to conveniently cut away from what knocked him down. 

No surprise at the sending's off of course, the chances of the referee getting that right would be next to zero.

In that case, I have been harsh on Mannus and will readily admit that my rantings about his role in the debacle was based on the belief that he acted with undue force and deserved his sending off, and also the fact that I was still gutted at the time of writing! Still have a hollow feeling in my gut waking up this morning and remembering the score  :sad:

Highlights here

http://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=yx%2BhnYCyg4s24iThgBXg7eD%2BgixM%2BhdmOP7qE3TZgUO5JzjGtpeuvmbnLLqnLpJfZSkSlfyS4R5LGC5mEaQJAwt%2B5VDUynhoNsURTnH%2Fg46AW0eYvPmq%2FikHIMGww0oPS37O9bVV8WinJuGyhfPMUVDwMFpK4q1kHDwqqr5oZeY%3D&bit=1

Looking at Ando's red again I actually don't think we will appeal. It's only a game anyway and we have cover.

As for Mannus, bad decision by the ref, never a red card.

Hasslebaink was not a pen either.

Highlights here

http://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=yx%2BhnYCyg4s24iThgBXg7eD%2BgixM%2BhdmOP7qE3TZgUO5JzjGtpeuvmbnLLqnLpJfZSkSlfyS4R5LGC5mEaQJAwt%2B5VDUynhoNsURTnH%2Fg46AW0eYvPmq%2FikHIMGww0oPS37O9bVV8WinJuGyhfPMUVDwMFpK4q1kHDwqqr5oZeY%3D&bit=1

Looking at Ando's red again I actually don't think we will appeal. It's only a game anyway and we have cover.

As for Mannus, bad decision by the ref, never a red card.

Hasslebaink was not a pen either.

Yip, terrible referreing for several of the decisions...although, in his defence, he clearly consults with the linesman before giving both penalties, hence the slight delay in him pointing to the spot. Supporters often complain that refs make knee-jerk decisions and also that linesmen should do more than just throw-ins and offside....

So Mannus did absolutely nothing wrong which is what I thought. Stevenson is a disgusting individual.

I don't know if Stevenson is clever enough to think of going out of his way to get Mannus sent off, i personally think he is lacking in the brain department. It's ironic to think he'll resort to cheating to get a result for a team who have openly admitted they wanted to offload him to bring back Skacel. Stevenson is a horrible little sh*t as was Hamill with his antics. Same old Hearts, always cheating.

Have to agree, Hasselbaink's pen was barely a foul and was outside the box, the hand-ball pen was pretty harsh too.

Anderson's red wasn't a red, Wright was as good as back and possibly people in the middle too.

Mannus probably did have to walk, but its a bit of a tough situation for him as his only option would be to stand there and let the despicable Stevenson throttle him, which I don't think any of us could imagine ourselves doing.

The referee looked petrified as he sent him off, awful refereeing performance. 

McDonald had a stinker, not only the back-pass that saw Anderson go but also poor clearances giving them chances, just about gave away a penalty in the build-up to their 2nd too.

May took the two dodgy pens really really well though

I dont think Mannus did much but going by the letter of the law you dont have to, I believe having an aggressive stance is enough to be sent off, which is why I would fear that apealing would not get us anywhere.

Andos was too far from goal and there was another defender in the area,

Pems were also shockers, first one never a pe and the second one only just but still pretty harsh.

In the refs defence it was the linesman that gave both pens and the linesman that he consulted before the sending offs.

Was nt at the game, but not the way I was told it happened. About 2pm a group of young Hamilton yobs were walking through the car park out their nuts looking to start on anyone that went near them. It sounds like the police and stewards prevented large scale disorder.

Aah that explains the mob of pissed up teenagers with west coast accents being followed by the police across the car park then! There were 3 or 4 of them getting a stern talking to from the police as well just outside the car park.

McDonald had a stinker, not only the back-pass that saw Anderson go but also poor clearances giving them chances, just about gave away a penalty in the build-up to their 2nd too.

MacDonald is geting flak for the sending off but I think Hasselbank should be getting the stick, he takes a quick throw in into an area where MacDonald has 2 men near him. Scobbie is totally out of play as he came to take the throw in,

MacDonald is geting flak for the sending off but I think Hasselbank should be getting the stick, he takes a quick throw in into an area where MacDonald has 2 men near him. Scobbie is totally out of play as he came to take the throw in,

Possibly, but whatever way we view it, some of our players could do with taking a look before embarking on playing a team mate into a tight position. We do it repeatedly, losing possession so cheaply.

As good as McDonald was last week, he was poor this week.

I think it is a Totally ,totally,totally.very good comparison tae make.! but you seem to be da boss roond these parts so naebody should contradict ye.!

Edited by croc