Ibrox Semi-Finals

candalan

On that showing Aberdeen are there for the taking. Cut out the stupid mistakes and we are more than good enough to beat them.

Don't sit off/back.

Don't let them run across our box and shoot.

Don't let them counter attack.

Don't retreat.

Do t hit long balls to stevie and Nigel.

Not even once!

Allowing for all that, we could beat them!

The Beloved is very upset because "ICT are just a wee team and should have won". She has applied to adopt the wee laddy (18, going on 10) who came on as a sub for them. She also thinks it was very unfair the game was played in Aberdeen. We are apparently going to the game next week, because the weather is a bit better. She is looking forward to the Scottish Cup Final against Albion Rovers.

Do you really believe that Justin??  So if Saints play Albion Rovers in the SC Final, their average crowd is a few hundred so to make it fair it should be played at New Bayview with a 2000 capacity?!!

I think its brilliant that a non-old firm final gets 51000, Aberdeen taking 40,000 is incredible.  Hopefully both teams pick up a good few extra fans for league games, especially Caley.

Watch the highlights programmes on TV, just about every game in the SPL is played in front of stadiums half to a third full, it looks terrible.  Our league is really struggling so anything that gets extra people along then great.  For me the only mistake the organisers made was not allowing Aberdeen fans extra tickets in the top tier above the goal when they requested them.

Do you really believe that Justin??  So if Saints play Albion Rovers in the SC Final, their average crowd is a few hundred so to make it fair it should be played at New Bayview with a 2000 capacity?!!

I think its brilliant that a non-old firm final gets 51000, Aberdeen taking 40,000 is incredible.  Hopefully both teams pick up a good few extra fans for league games, especially Caley.

Watch the highlights programmes on TV, just about every game in the SPL is played in front of stadiums half to a third full, it looks terrible.  Our league is really struggling so anything that gets extra people along then great.  For me the only mistake the organisers made was not allowing Aberdeen fans extra tickets in the top tier above the goal when they requested them.

Its a tricky one, i have kind of baffled myself about the whole thing if im honest, but i do believe that Aberdeen for instance getting 40,000 tickets to a semi final in relation to Inverness getting around 10,000 is just unfair regardless if Aberdeen do have a larger support. The point im trying to make is that semi final and final matches should be fair for both clubs. If it was an Aberdeen v Celtic/Rangers final then by all means have it at parkhead/ibrox or hampden but if its anyone else then it should be held at a smaller ground. I think it would be better to wait until the ties for the semi finals are decided before deciding on which ground it should be held but i do understand that leaves the SFA short of time to arrange a venue.