05/04/2014 Killie (A)

PerthSeany

Yeah, I worded that wrongly there. Walt didn't exactly 'win the Nobel Prize', but he was a key contributor to research which won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry. There is a framed certificate in his house which proves this to be the case (Episode 1). So, he was respected by his peers but lost much of the potential he had when he decided to leave Gray Matter. His frustration lies in the fact that his talents are now being wasted, teaching school pupils who have no passion for a subject he loves.

His frustration lies in being married to an absolute d***. I hate Skyler. Boot.

I really hope you're not the one who is responsible for marking my unabridged, 8000-word version of that post. :(

I might be. But I'll give you a tip. Don't start like Saints did today, or have often started games this season.

Get right into it from the start. That way your reader won't fall asleep or start to moan cos you're 1-0 down after 4 minutes (or 250 words).

Coaching and tips are free. You're very welcome. All the best with your work. :wink:

Once we settled today Killie were chasing shadows. We kept the ball well and made them run about and work hard.

They couldn't match us and there was a distinct difference between the top six side and the bottom six one.

Very well played today Saints. Enjoyed that. Just what we needed ahead of next Sunday's sheep rematch.

Only 160 of us according to the announcer. That was one miss if you didn't go and usually do!

Poor sloppy start but got in to the groove eventually and ended comfortably controlling the game. Midfield still lacked the guille to play balls forward between defenders instead opting every time for playing back or sideways which gave Killie the chance to cover. We need to start slipping the ball through quickly if we are to get results against the top 5. Defence was really solid apart from the first goal. Overall happy with result and performance and enjoyed the drive home from Killie knowing we are only 4 and 6 points behind ICT and the Arabs with 15 pts to play for. Bring it on COYS

Have always said that if we have others on the park to drive play forward and to score goals, then, with the right team around him, Midge is an asset to the team doing what he does best. It's when we need him to do more than what he normally does that we have an issue

Millar's touch was outstanding today on a tricky pitch. Absolutely everything stuck and he'd then work himself free and move the ball on. Dunne had a wobbly opening spell when Killie were very much in the game but really came onto the game, which is exactly what you wanted to see before next week. No complaints in any of the players really though. May's had better games maybe and possibly needs to handle it better when things aren't going his way.

Was generally a decent away showing from us as a team but in truth, Killie offered very little after the opening spell during which they scored. After 5 minutes I'm thinking how much I hate football and wondering how we go into next week with confidence with our first XI losing today but then let myself imagine the confidence coming from behind would provide...

Couldn't have scripted today much better in that sense as there is no need for the heads to drop if we do fall behind next week now. I'd have advocated making changes today but assuming we don't have guys dead on their feet next week, I suspect the manager has made the right call in going with a team that I imagine will be pretty similar to what we'll see at Ibrox.