Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

Many, many heart felt congratulations to you all.  Better team won on the day, Saints wanted it more and were justly rewarded.  Enjoy the parade....nothing like a cup win to make it all worthwhile. B)

MAY 17.

Cant argue with fate Smarmy. On another day a couple of shots would have come off Mannus & went in..Another couple may have cannoned off defenders & 3 guys trying to kick the same ball may have knocked it in.

Just seen the highlights finally, not so easy to find down here south of the border. How lucky was Mannus yesterday!? I can't believe neither of those shots that hit the woodwork bounced back off him and went in. I must admit I thought Saints were a bit fortunate in the semis with Aberdeen missing at least two giltedged chances and it looks like the good fortune continued. That's not to belittle the win in any way, every team needs a bit of luck and overall it was a well deserved victory.

I also want to congratulate both sides and the referee for a full blooded proper game of football which must have been hugely enjoyable to watch in full if the highlights are anything to go by. Proper tackles, nobody crying like a wean or falling over at the merest touch like that little queef Cazorla did all game in our cup final. End to end stuff at times too. Brilliant. Tell you something now, that match yesterday will be more enjoyable and less frustrating to watch than 90% of the coming World Cup games with all their playacting drama queens.

Congratulations again!

Hi Saintees - I'm a Celtic fan who had the privilege of sitting with your support in the JS stand yesterday - what an experience and what a bunch of Armageddon Busting supporters who really know how to support their team.

Yesterday was a memory I'll keep with all my Celtic ones of a brilliant day's football and two sets of fans who mingled before and after the game with no aggro. And I was more than impressed with the way your whole support stood and applauded the Dundee players getting their medals. That was class!

Look forward to meeting you in the final next season  :laugh:

Anybody know how much Saints will receive for winning the Cup?

Nope.  A good whack of it will go to the players in bonuses anyway, and rightly so.  Don't understand this fascination that people have with how much money the club get for winning the Cup or league position or whatever.  Winning the Cup should be about the achievement and the glory.

Probably like most of you, I could come on here and write a book about how I felt before, during and after. All the daft things that happened, the scary, nerve-wracked game, the parties afterwards. But it doesn't really need to be said, does it, because we finally, FINALLY know how it feels.

Just realised I haven't said thank you, to the young loonies who lead the choir every game and did the brilliant Broxden nonsense etc etc, right up through the regular attendees of rainy away days, all the other fans, the players, staff and management, right up to the biggest old loonie of all, one Mr Geoff Brown, who saved this wonderful club and made it something so different from the cynical, profit-led, overpaid, sectarian nonsense we have to put up with elsewhere. And his boy's no doing too bad, either.

Thank you. Memories  are, indeed, made of this.

Incredible day. I didn't even drink afterwards, but I plan to get wasted tonight. Y'know.. for the cause and all that..

Hasn't quite sunk in yet that I've just witnessed my team winning the Scottish Cup. Funnily enough, I thought we played nicer football against Aberdeen in the semi-final but every player gave it their all yesterday. Congratulations.

Also, it was a real privilege to hear 'Fair Maid' being played after Saints lifted the cup. And equally flattering to see people actually knowing the words and singing along. A dream day.

still not really sunk in and Iam sure it will take a while for the players and management to realise just what a momentous win that was.

A wee word though for the people behind the scenes at Perth - TC having had his health scare earlier this year was still hard it well after most fans had left Celtic Park assisted by the young youth players. Also read yesterday about Jocky peebles and the fight he is facing at the moment. Hopefully that will be a boost to him. And to everyone else at the club well done.

I remember celebrating getting into Europe but this time we've done that plus the Scottish Cup and so what an incredibly important game. It was win or lose all. I think with a good draw we could reach the group stages but we'll see. So a phenominal win for everything it means for the club and its history and the achievement of 3 consecutive years in Europe.