Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

What an amazing day! Still finding it hard to take in that this has really happened to us!

Spare a thought for my poor uncle and his son in law, just found out yesterday that after his bus arrived at Celtic park, he took a dizzy spell and needed to be taken to hospital and the pair of them missed the match. Absolute sickener, but thankfully he's fine now. Just hope for their sake we go on and do something special again in Europe.

I also want to congratulate both sides and the referee for a full blooded proper game of football which must have been hugely enjoyable to watch in full if the highlights are anything to go by. Proper tackles, nobody crying like a wean or falling over at the merest touch like that little queef Cazorla did all game in our cup final. End to end stuff at times too. Brilliant. Tell you something now, that match yesterday will be more enjoyable and less frustrating to watch than 90% of the coming World Cup games with all their playacting drama queens.

Congratulations again!

My lad (also an Arsenal supporter so a happy chappie) also mentioned that - we watched second half of FA Cup Final at the difference in the attitude of players was immediately obvious.  My lad said it's the best game he's ever been to - both as a supporter but also the honesty and commitment of the players and excitement of the game.  How the heck neither 'off the woodwork' hit Mannus and end up in the poke only our big man upstairs knows.  Epic day all round.  Mind you I'm not sure what my mum (82) thought when another auld lad said to her at the end 'well we'll no see that again' :)  

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

My lad (also an Arsenal supporter so a happy chappie) also mentioned that - we watched second half of FA Cup Final at the difference in the attitude of players was immediately obvious.  My lad said it's the best game he's ever been to - both as a supporter but also the honesty and commitment of the players and excitement of the game.  How the heck neither 'off the woodwork' hit Mannus and end up in the poke only our big man upstairs knows.  Epic day all round.  Mind you I'm not sure what my mum (82) thought when another auld lad said to her at the end 'well we'll no see that again' :)

I agree It was amazing that neither of the shots which hit the woodwork rebounded in off Mannus,

There was another truly horrible moment when the ball went right across the six yard box from the right. It felt like slow motion and had anyone been within five yards it would have been a goal. I remember thinking that even my 82 year old mother in her wheelchair would have been able to knock it in.

PB

Correction. She thinks she would have been offside :wink:

Great game of football by both teams . Glad they contributed to one of the best Cup finals in recent history.

Saints must have played more games than any other team in Scottish football, except Celtic in Europe, but they didn`t have too many cup games.

Off The Woodwork. only big man upstairs knows

Its obvious he is on our side...........he is surrounded by Saints.!!

What a day! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Even the Arabs were humble in defeat. The amount of handshakes and congratulations was amazing as we headed along the London Road back to out car.

I was there!

20140517_160328.jpg

Edited by jazzsaint

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

Thanks for that

There is a little web based app called keep vid  which if you paste the you tube link into for each clip will download that clip in a variety of formats. There is a file joiner app too somewhere

PB

Truly was a fantastic day, easily my best as a Saints supporter for nearly forty years.  The atmosphere created by everyone at the stadium was brilliant and so good to see so many families there.  There's no doubt it helped the players who performed like a team desperate to win the cup. 

I think we had standout performances from pretty much the entire team but especially Ando, Wright, Midge, Spoony and Dunne.  It's been pointed out by loads of people on WAP before but there seems to be such a great spirit within the whole squad these days and the way they celebrated not just the two goals on Saturday and after we'd won the cup just proves it.