Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

Can't think of ever doing it in mcDiarmid days, possibly the team from early 80's or willie ormond side ??

Definitely not the team from the early 80s - got cuffed severely every time they went to Glasgow!

Oh Lord! If anyone from around Dunkeld is very confused about the piece in the PA about their village's supposed day out at the final, the journo who vox-poxxed me on Sunday has mixed up where I told him my family came from and where I live now. That was my lot's - Abernethy's - day out. Haven't seen it yet, the Beloved says "it's quite big". So fame finally arrives, but does a neat bodyswerve right at the last minute. :cry:

Ha! Turns out it was a TINY piece and they got a load of other stuff wrong as well. They had me buying drinks for Arabs. SERIOUSLY????? I don't pay for my own drinks unless I have to!!!!

We were in a United pub though, 99% Arabs. Generally good fun apart from the really sad Arab teenagers who hung about in the gents beating up any small Saints fans who made the mistake of wandering there alone. I got out  - just - in one piece because I'm an old fat b****** with glasses, I think. Only bad memory of a great day.

Start a campaign:

Find the brown suit man!!

I protest! I was at the front of the north stand and wasn't captured on camera. As calm as anything walked to the barrier then went daft. First, screaming every player's name. Then screaming mcinnes, Lennon, mccoist, McNamara, Lorraine, ciftci, nevin, Nicholas, Gretna, spence (oops, sorry Jim haha), and anyone else worthy - GIRUY's WE ARE PERTH SAINTS. Stewards were cracking up!

Having had two heart attacks (14 years ago) my wife was well worried but, for once, left me to it!

What did others do? I'm sure there's some cracking tales to be heard to put in our book!

Started watching the BBC programme last night. Watched all of the build up and got to the start of the 2nd half. I really enjoyed the 90mins build up.(Yes, since SaturdayI my life has become incredibly sad but who cares !) Michael Stewart is pretty good and Biscuits is a legend.

Poor Craig brewster! His display is nervous and lacks a cutting edge. Actually come to think of it perfect for giving an Arab view :mrgreen:   

Started watching the BBC programme last night. Watched all of the build up and got to the start of the 2nd half. I really enjoyed the 90mins build up.(Yes, since SaturdayI my life has become incredibly sad but who cares !) Michael Stewart is pretty good and Biscuits is a legend.

Poor Craig brewster! His display is nervous and lacks a cutting edge. Actually come to think of it perfect for giving an Arab view :mrgreen:

Having the house to myself last night and peace to watch it, I downloaded the coverage on the iplayer and watched it through for the first time. Goosebumps at Ando's goal and just about blubbing again at the end. :) Thought Brewster was poor too. Edited by Denzil