Dundee Utd

Gshrek

In the main their supporters were sound out and about yesterday but in the ground they are a collective idiot. Screaming for all sorts of nothing tackles etc.

After the game there was a real highlight - a Tangerine clad toothless wonder was trying to have the banter about them finishing higher in the league before he unceremoniously fell on his yap and rolled down a hill. Brilliant comedy.

Doesn't bother me if United fans don't stay, watching another team celebrating winning the cup is not something that would be easy to do. Thought the United fans were top notch before and after the game, great day and they played their part. Magic.

Poor, poor comments by MacNamara

We were the more creative of the teams yesterday, but we were also the stronger, the more committed and the hardest working

Every top side in the world has a player who breaks up the opposition play. I really think he believes that other teams should just allow his 'classy' players to just do what they want

Classy players like Rankin & Paton ?.

Erseholes o fans. When we played Aberdeen hearts I thought their fans were bad, plenty of them spent 90 minutes facing us and giving us abuse and not even looking at the game. Yesterday plenty of buses we passed had grown men flashing their bits.. I used to think utd fans were ok but now i fecking dislike the cuxxs

On that note the bus I was on passed a Utd supporters bus where a child of about 7/8 was giving the fingers and doing the w****r sign!

Not wanting to sound like I'm sticking up for them but I'm not entirely sure I'd have stayed to watch United pick up the trophy, sometimes you react on instinct, and the first thought when you've lost such a big game is to get away from it all as soon as possible.

Also the whole chat about the buses is ridiculous aswell, both sets of fans were as "bad" as each other, I took great delight in mocking every United bus we went past on the way home. This is footballing banter, I don't take offence if some random supporter of an opposition side makes a wanker gesture at me as I hold up my fingers in a "2-0" gesture

McNamara was ungracious though, says a huge amount about him that he refuses to blame himself for losing that game. It took about 45 minutes of the first meeting of McNamara and Wright this season for Wright to suss him out and think up a way of dominating a McNamara side. Despite the next three games proving Wright had him sussed he still refused to accept his tactics were wrong, and it cost him and his side a trophy. He'll never make it if he can't get over the hurdle of his own ego

Not wanting to sound like I'm sticking up for them but I'm not entirely sure I'd have stayed to watch United pick up the trophy, sometimes you react on instinct, and the first thought when you've lost such a big game is to get away from it all as soon as possible.

Also the whole chat about the buses is ridiculous aswell, both sets of fans were as "bad" as each other, I took great delight in mocking every United bus we went past on the way home. This is footballing banter, I don't take offence if some random supporter of an opposition side makes a wanker gesture at me as I hold up my fingers in a "2-0" gesture

McNamara was ungracious though, says a huge amount about him that he refuses to blame himself for losing that game. It took about 45 minutes of the first meeting of McNamara and Wright this season for Wright to suss him out and think up a way of dominating a McNamara side. Despite the next three games proving Wright had him sussed he still refused to accept his tactics were wrong, and it cost him and his side a trophy. He'll never make it if he can't get over the hurdle of his own ego

Jackie McNamara is a very sore loser and just needs to accept that the better team won on the day.

I certainly don't object to banter between the fans. If an adult wanted to stick his fingers up to me as the bus drove past then fair enough. I do object to a child doing it though but maybe that's just the teacher in me.

Edited by XxLeahSaintxX

Doesnt know how to change tactics. Thinks they are wee sweeties.

He thinks his young stars have a god given right to play open passing football.  Sorry Jackie, maybes you should go and watch Athletico Madrid and see what playing the opposition cleverly is all about.  Barca and Real Madrid have been given that right for over a decade, until somebody smart took over one of the other teams.

I was also disappointed with the DU card display. There were large sections that did not bother so it was impossible to read what was spelt out in the display.

I thought that lots of Arabs hadn't held cards up, but the I saw that they were black cards to try and show the animal thingy on their badge. Would have looked god if it had worked. Their day didn't get any better. Ha.

Football fans are generic. There is a large chunk of any fanbase that are arseholes. A large chunk that are bitter. A large chunk that are sore losers. Thankfully also a large chunk that are respectful and there were many United fans, particularly in the South Stand, who stayed to applaud Saints for their achievement. I had a good laugh both on the way to and from the game with both sets of fans and some cracking people. The only real nobbishness I witnessed outside was The Rangers fans in the bars at Bridgeton. It was very similar to the 1991 cup final in that respect and there were a lot of children who had a very positive experience of their first cup final.

The same goes with those involved in the game. McNamara is not a good loser and never will be. Same with players on both teams. Some handle themselves with dignity, others don't. You tend not to notice the ones on your side and focus on the others. It is the nature of the beast

Ok Jackie is coming in for a bit of stick for a comment in his post match interview, I can understand that, but lets not forget it was a huge day for JM too.  A relatively young and inexperienced manager who has tried to instil a pass and move footballing philosophy, Danny Lennon he ain't.  He has plucked teenagers out of the youth team and given them invaluable game time at the top tier of Scottish football, and more importantly has played them all through dips in form and errors.   He was clearly smarting at being out fought and out thought for a 4th consecutive occasion  by TW, and I would extend sympathy to anyone in football who has a microphone thrust in their face in these circumstances.  Football is an emotional game....(need I tell any of you this weekend!)....for all concerned and JM was frustrated at the lack of a successful outcome for his strongest side.  Successful managers/players are not always known for their pleasant personalities, the old adage 'show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser' springs to mind, most managers are single minded to a fault.  In the same vain, I thought Frazer Wright's comments were unnecessarily cheap and mean spirited....but perhaps he had just been wrestling with Shifty for 90 minutes and that tends to collide with the emotion and adrenalin, therefore I won't hold it against him, or make judgements about his character.

As for the fans, I thought the event was a huge success, two teams from places that are pretty much irrelevant to the weegie media showed that 'teuchters' can actually match the big two for attendance and atmosphere with no need to mention the Pope, the Queen, paedophiles or the IRA.  I have bitter experience of losing Scottish cup finals, (7 after yesterday!) and from this experience I have learned the utter futility of picking over the bones of the play in a cup final...all that matters is the result.

Oh, I have seen red cards for two footed tackles like that by the way!!

It was a terrible tackle after seeing it back.

Its one of those "not in control" type tackles.

What comments from Frazer Wright? That Utd are overhyped by the media and he knew we'd beat them?

He was right In Ciftci's face towards the end. Ciftci said something and Wright being Wright said something back. 

Hes getting pelters on twitter. hes favoriting  all the comments haha.