The Geoff Brown Stand

18SJFC84

Not sure if this has been brought up before but think in light of us finally getting our hands on a major trophy I think it is about time one of the three nameless stands be dedicated to Geoff as without him we would not have been lifting the Scottish Cup.

Thoughts?

It has been discussed occasionally within other threads, but, you are right, it is time to get a bit of momentum behind this and get a stand named after Geoff

I think that's premature. We've had a few good seasons and winning the Cup has been amazing, but it's too early to me naming stands.

I think the naming of stands, across all sports, should be post-mortem.

I'm sure there are other ways to honour the Browns. Perhaps name the academy programme after them. After all they are all about legacy.

I think that's premature. We've had a few good seasons and winning the Cup has been amazing, but it's too early to me naming stands.

I'm sure there are other ways to honour the Browns. Perhaps name the academy programme after them. After all they are all about legacy.

Why should it be post-mortem.......why give somebody a great honour when they are not around to appreciate it

It's got nothing to do with 'a good few seasons'.........if it wasn't for Geoff then it could well be possible that there would be NO St Johnstone....it's about at a time where we have jut witnessed our greatest achievement, recognising the years of work and prudent financial management that made that moment possible, and not by putting the future stability of the club at risk

Run out of likes ed, totally agree. Why shouldn't Geoff get to appreciate it and get to feel proud about having a stand named after himself.

Man utd named it sir Alex ferguson stand while he was still manager, put up the statue to the trinity of law, best, Charlton while at least 2 of them were still alive, possibly all 3. Loads of other teams do it.

Totally disagree.  Too early - 28 years?!!!!

Also, post-mortem is too late to honour Geoff Brown.  He should know who we feel about his massive contribution.

Why should it be post-mortem.......why give somebody a great honour when they are not around to appreciate it

It's got nothing to do with 'a good few seasons'.........if it wasn't for Geoff then it could well be possible that there would be NO St Johnstone....it's about at a time where we have jut witnessed our greatest achievement, recognising the years of work and prudent financial management that made that moment possible, and not by putting the future stability of the club at risk

It's only an opinion, that's why is said "I think." I just believe such honours should be left until the person is gone. Purely personal preference.

I agree if it weren't for Geoff Brown the club would likely have folded in the 80s. If not the 80s then certainly the 90s. There is a considerable meassure of thanks that the club and its supporters owe him. I just think there are other ways to honour him while he's alive.

I too have run out of likes! Could not agree with you more! Why should anyone connected with Saints have to justify who or what the stands are named after! MOTOROLA, OKI, just a couple of names on stands past & present. Geoff Brown far more deserving of the accolade. Only problem I'm not sure he's the kind of person who'd enjoy the fuss? Personally I think Saints should go for it!? ⚽️

It's only an opinion, that's why is said "I think." I just believe such honours should be left until the person is gone. Purely personal preference.

I agree if it weren't for Geoff Brown the club would likely have folded in the 80s. If not the 80s then certainly the 90s. There is a considerable meassure of thanks that the club and its supporters owe him. I just think there are other ways to honour him while he's alive.

Totally appreciate that you were giving your opinion, and rightly so. Likewise, I was only giving a counter opinion......and we therefore have a healthy debate

These forum things could catch on

Ask Geoff what he thinks.

He's not in it for himself, for sure.

He did what he did for all of us.

Stand naming and statues will not make our memory of him any stronger.

Not that I'm in any way against these ideas. Not at all.

It'd be more a demonstration to the outside world, so yes!

Edited by andrew