Stevie May

Hardolez21

The Stevie May hype boils my piss sometimes. For so mAny he's such a knicker wetter. The build up to the cup almost forgot the rest of our fantastic team. May 17 this May 17 that. There was a load of other great guys in the squad who are just as worthy. It's no all about wonder boy and there is more to saints than just may. Stevie ! Have you not fecked off yet so we can focus on the WHOLE team and not just you.

I think your missing the point a tiny bit as to why people are disappointed.

That helped capture the imagination of the town. It helped with the 15k support.

The supporters didn't forget the other hard working players that got us there either. We won't ever forget the whole team.

But a home grown lad who has given some magic moments throughout the whole season not just on the 17th of May. People can relate to that.

Edited by PerthSeany

I have to say that Cardiff City are a better team with Le Fondre in it and I doubt you are a far better team now than when he played for you otherwise all Rotherham players would be playing at a higher level. Sarcasm, incidentally, is the lowest form of wit and intelligence.

we are a better team ,we moved up 2 divisions without him ...we have a better all round team not just one great player ..obviously if he was here now our team would be even better ...but when he was with the Millers we were in League 2 not the Championship .

I have only responded in kind to the way I have been treated since I first posted on this forum , I actually like the Saints & watch highlights of matches on a regular basis from afar through You tube etc on occasions I have also been to watch games in Perth too as I stated before ,I did not wish to come on this site for abuse ,but that is what I got from the very start ,appart from a few decent fans which again I replied too in kind . 

I should really have just stayed off after being insulted the first time ,I should have realised what a mardy bunch you all were ,but I got caught up in all the crap flying about & maybe said a lot things I did not really mean myself ..but all I can say is that I do really hope that one way or another Saints get over this transfer of Stevie May & enjoy another good season with hopefully a few wins over the so called big boys in the league & cups 

It would be nice if you could possibly find it within yourselfs to actually respond to this post with a like minded outlook ..if not just don't bother to reply ,I will just ignore anything else. Up The Millers & Up the Saints .

I have only responded in kind to the way I have been treated since I first posted on this forum , I actually like the Saints & watch highlights of matches on a regular basis from afar through You tube etc on occasions I have also been to watch games in Perth too as I stated before ,I did not wish to come on this site for abuse ,but that is what I got from the very start ,appart from a few decent fans which again I replied too in kind . 

I should really have just stayed off after being insulted the first time ,I should have realised what a mardy bunch you all were ,but I got caught up in all the crap flying about & maybe said a lot things I did not really mean myself ..but all I can say is that I do really hope that one way or another Saints get over this transfer of Stevie May & enjoy another good season with hopefully a few wins over the so called big boys in the league & cups 

It would be nice if you could possibly find it within yourselfs to actually respond to this post with a like minded outlook ..if not just don't bother to reply ,I will just ignore anything else. Up The Millers & Up the Saints .

Cebuman...mate....take it on the chin bud, no one really means any malice, its all footy banter at the end of the day, forums everywhere are full of plebs, just roll with the punches bud, and maybe...juuuust maybe we'll all get on fine :)

Sad to see Stevie go, but glad to see him getting an opportunity to step up a level. Hopefully this move is just a step up another rung on the ladder, and that he doesn't end up stuck bouncing around Championship teams for the rest of his career. He'll no doubt see Scotland caps coming his way too now that's he's moved on from Saints, and I hope that Brown has a kickback for some international appearances written into the deal (classic Football Manager transfer negotiating tactic right there).

It's strange to think that he's only really had one full season with us, such is the impact that he's had. We'd been waiting forever to see him develop and make the step up to the first team, and then he's off 12 months later, just like that.

But in my time supporting Saints, the club has never really been about basing a team around one star player. Sandaza and Scotland are really the only prolific front men that I can remember us having in the last 10 years. Remember, we finished 3rd in the league without a Stevie May in our team. We'll be just fine, as long as the manager gets the opportunity to bring in a couple of faces to replace some of his goals. I think we'll see the midfielders grabbing more opportunities to score this year too, as the game-plan will now change from 'get the ball to Stevie'.

Good luck Mr May, it's been great to see a local lad flourish in the Saints first team. Let's hope there are a few more to come in the next few years.

Now, let's get his puss added to this page: http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/history-legends.php

We would all have liked to get more for Stevie & given that he wouldn't sign a new contract I don't think SB could have got more ,although I think he could have taken a bit more time about it & let some other bidders come in.

Mind you if Lomas had had his way May would not have been with us this season.

A farewell from a Glasgow Miller, sad we didn't get May but he'll be on more money at Hillsborough.

I still believe he would have been better advised staying and developing with you for a further season, moving for bigger bucks - and to a better team - at the end of the season. Today's Guardian tips the Millers for 23rd and Wednesday for 20th in the Championship, which says it all really.

I hope you are able to spend the money wisely, enjoy another top 6 finish (just behind the Jags) and hope to catch you at Firhill, if it doesn't clash with a Millers' home game.

Good luck for the season and, once again, apologies for the forum being taken over by Owls and Millers' fans with bad grace, poor manners and awful grammar.