Stevie May

Hardolez21

ow weds we love you , Got it about right, the time to judge Stevie is next season give him a pre season and then see what he does, personally i think he will come good but I am biased, or it good be the wrong club for him, no disrespect to Wednesday .

In answer to your questions about what type of player he was for us.. My concern for Stevie going to the championship was two of his biggest weaknesses - he doesn't win a lot of headers, and he doesn't have an electric turn of pace - not slow but not particularly quick either, meant that his game might not be best suited to that league. It's a very physical league, though probably not more skilful than the spl.

A lot of the centre forwards are 6'2" sprinters who will leap for headers and chase thru balls all day. It is telling that up here Stevie looked big compared to many opponents, whereas down there most of the defenders look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and May is tiny in comparison.

Jordan Rhodes is an exception I grant you, neither big nor super fast, but still seems to score goals.

Stevie was a skinny lad when he was at Saints, but got on the weights of his own doing to get stronger. He will do whatever it takes in the summer I'm sure, hopefully Wednesday will have staff in place to guide him.

With us he could score goals and create them. Technically very good, he also never stopped running all game. He was a confidence player who shoots from everywhere and had a real swagger about him. I imagine if you take that away then you lose half the player.

He was far from just a poacher, he would often drop off and get involved in creating goals, as well as make runs in behind. Aside from heading he was pretty much the complete striker last season. He did develop the slightly annoying habit of going down a bit too easily under challenges in the second half of the season but that was a minor thing.

It's obviously taken him longer to adapt than Wednesday fans hoped, but I would fully expect with this season's experience under his belt and a full pre-season down there he will come good next year.

The funny thing is he has scored goals at every level he has played at, even in the very physical lower leagues up here, so why is he not scoring as many now?

He made a very poor choice and has simply gone to the worst footballing side of his career so far.

None of the leagues up here come close to The Championship for physicality. It's like the NFL!

Edited by Pat McGroin

No disrespect intended but I think the Championship is a lot tougher than the Scottish League.

I watched a the first half of a game the other night, think it was ST Mirren- they had Gary Teale in charge god he was a terrible player for us- but it was very poor to watch, both sides lacking quality.

In answer to your questions about what type of player he was for us.. My concern for Stevie going to the championship was two of his biggest weaknesses - he doesn't win a lot of headers, and he doesn't have an electric turn of pace - not slow but not particularly quick either, meant that his game might not be best suited to that league. It's a very physical league, though probably not more skilful than the spl.

A lot of the centre forwards are 6'2" sprinters who will leap for headers and chase thru balls all day. It is telling that up here Stevie looked big compared to many opponents, whereas down there most of the defenders look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and May is tiny in comparison.

Jordan Rhodes is an exception I grant you, neither big nor super fast, but still seems to score goals.

Stevie was a skinny lad when he was at Saints, but got on the weights of his own doing to get stronger. He will do whatever it takes in the summer I'm sure, hopefully Wednesday will have staff in place to guide him.

With us he could score goals and create them. Technically very good, he also never stopped running all game. He was a confidence player who shoots from everywhere and had a real swagger about him. I imagine if you take that away then you lose half the player.

He was far from just a poacher, he would often drop off and get involved in creating goals, as well as make runs in behind. Aside from heading he was pretty much the complete striker last season. He did develop the slightly annoying habit of going down a bit too easily under challenges in the second half of the season but that was a minor thing.

It's obviously taken him longer to adapt than Wednesday fans hoped, but I would fully expect with this season's experience under his belt and a full pre-season down there he will come good next year.

Good post, cheers. Yeah the best strikers at this level tend to be quick and strong. Deeney, Jerome, Wilson, Gray all bloody nightmares to play against with great finishing ability. Then you have your Rhodes and Martin types who are strong but just natural finishers in the box.

May doesn't really fit into any of these categories, but just because you are not blessed with pace or size doesn't mean your not cut out for this level. I just think May needs to work harder, hit the gym and with a bit of experience under his belt he will be better next season, I hope. If he is the complete striker as you have said he was at times last season for you that gives me some encouragement.

No disrespect intended but I think the Championship is a lot tougher than the Scottish League.

I watched a the first half of a game the other night, think it was ST Mirren- they had Gary Teale in charge god he was a terrible player for us- but it was very poor to watch, both sides lacking quality.

Maybe because it was a relegation battle???

How much were you paid to watch that shite?

Great post with such insight. How does Teale's performances as a player directly or indirectly correspond with his abilities as a manager?

How many medals did Mourinho win? Was he part of any great Portugal teams of the past or maybe he bossed the midfield in the European Cup for Sporting Lisbon or Porto?

I watched Millwall vs Blackpool. Your league is terrible cuz that game was rubbish.

Great post with such insight. How does Teale's performances as a player directly or indirectly correspond with his abilities as a manager?

How many medals did Mourinho win? Was he part of any great Portugal teams of the past or maybe he bossed the midfield in the European Cup for Sporting Lisbon or Porto?

It was just a passing comment. He was terrible for us, not linking his football ability for us to his managerial ability for ST Mirren ffs. If you read the post properly you'd realise that the two points were not connected. But yeah jump on my back because Stevie May isn't the Scottish Wayne Rooney.

It was just a passing comment. He was terrible for us, not linking his football ability for us to his managerial ability for ST Mirren ffs. If you read the post properly you'd realise that the two points were not connected. But yeah jump on my back because Stevie May isn't the Scottish Wayne Rooney.

Just send him back on loan for a year.......

He could be the"Scottish Wayne Rooney" if he gets "Weaving" and spends a rake of money on ladies of ill repute.!he he ..!