Stevie May

Hardolez21

Posts 2517 and 2518 never mentioned May either but you never had a go at them for it.  The Owl's post was more relevant give that he was talking about all of Wednesday's strikers, including May.

School playground stuff..he said you said but last week she said...point is it's about Stevie not whether Wednesday need a winger.

Unlike some folk, I don't have time to read every single post on this forum...so I rightly commented on a post I saw, that I feel has no relevance to a Steve May thread. Read the post again that owl made....its best suited to owlstalk not wap.

I've read it again, and it's still more relevant than the other two I mentioned. This is one of the few threads in Saints chat I pay any attention to as I'm interested to see how May is getting on - if an Owls fan comes on and points out that their strikers and wingers are average then that that gives me my answer as it suggests May must be struggling if he can't get a game ahead of the rest of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't surprise me now actually.

Get the impression we are going to go for it this season, don't think we will have room to let Stevie find his feet. Shame but hopefully we will be moving on to bigger and better things. Apparently we've already held talks with Darren Bent.

So this wouldn't surprise me at all.

P&J reporting that the sheep are in for May on a season long loan. I'd rather it was us.

Maybe they think players such as May and Shinnie can win the league for them?

It might not take much, just be able to beat Celtic once and draw with them three times.

Not losing to St Johnstone, United and Hamilton may also help.

Bugger, hope he doesn't go to the sheep. Quick whip round to get money to tempt him back on loan. Pity there hadn't been a clause in the contract to say we get first refusal. Mind you would he want to come back?

Got to think Saints would at least make their interest known if there was genuinely a chance of him heading out on loan for a year. If it was to come down to the player's own choice then we'd be in a pretty good position.

Personally think that if he goes anywhere at this stage, though, he'll be wanting to go to another English club to prove he can do it down there (even if it means stepping down a division).

Piece in Retard about it, hopefully if any truth in it Tommy will be at head of Queue.

Personal note Oldhams ground 20 mins away from me.  

I too would make frequent trips to Oldham if this happened

IF      Stevie May went to Aberdeen --how will the Saints fans react ?

He'd lose much of his cult status in my eyes. I wouldn't hate him or anything like that, and can absolutely see why as a professional he would prefer to go to Dons than us, but I think the pain of it would relegate him to the level of just a pretty decent ex-Saintee, rather than our prodigal son

IF Stevie May went to Aberdeen --how will the Saints fans react ?

IF he signs -does this mean Goodwillie would be released ?

On FB sheep fans hoping it will be the end for Goodwillie if they were to sign May. Most, but not everyone happy as some want young Dons players to get a chance.

As for Saints fans reaction, I'd rather he came to Saints or went on loan to another English club

Edited by glenrothes saintee

Would be surprised if he returned to Scotland, however if he were then can imagine he would only return to one of three clubs. The first would obviously be us, but as others have said wages would be the stumbling block. The next would be Celtic, but cant see that happening. And finally Aberdeen. They will be able to afford the wages and he could be swayed by the fact he has worked under McInnes and Docherty before and they fact they played a major role in his development as a youngster.

If I were his agent or family though, I would be advising him to stay in England. Get a good preseason under his belt and see how things work out at Sheffield Wednesday, or, failing that, if he is completely out of the picture,  look to go out on loan to a team in the English League One. He has nothing to prove in Scotland, he has scored goals nearly 30 goals in the top flight up here and has won the Scottish Cup. For the sake of his career, he would be much better to try and prove himself in England.

Would be surprised if he returned to Scotland, however if he were then can imagine he would only return to one of three clubs. The first would obviously be us, but as others have said wages would be the stumbling block. The next would be Celtic, but cant see that happening. And finally Aberdeen. They will be able to afford the wages and he could be swayed by the fact he has worked under McInnes and Docherty before and they fact they played a major role in his development as a youngster.

If I were his agent or family though, I would be advising him to stay in England. Get a good preseason under his belt and see how things work out at Sheffield Wednesday, or, failing that, if he is completely out of the picture,  look to go out on loan to a team in the English League One. He has nothing to prove in Scotland, he has scored goals nearly 30 goals in the top flight up here and has won the Scottish Cup. For the sake of his career, he would be much better to try and prove himself in England.

I don't know about him not having anything to prove in Scotland.  Yes, he had a brilliant season for us and did well on his loan spells to lower division clubs, however I think it would have been interesting to see how he got on in a second full season at Saints.  Would Scottish defenders have figured out a way to play him?  There have been a few players in the past who have been billed as the next big thing after a good season/half season but they've faded away - not saying May would have been another one of those but I think that's what he still has left to prove.

To say Sheffield Wednesday are going for it this year and then Mention Darren Bent in the same sentence is quite ridiculously funny IMO.

At the start of this season if Bournemouth or even Brentford for that matter had been in for May we would have been saying no ambition etc etc . I believe if he had went to any of these teams and the way they actually play the game he would have been a revelation. So if Sheffield are going for it this year (I Get told this every year by the way) then I would say Stevie should stay put and see how this big investment will pan out decent players around Stevie May and he will score goals no doubting that.

If it does not look like they are going to anything then I am sure Alec Neil will be first in the line for him in exchange  for 1Million man Arneu ( Or whatever he is called).

And another thing this big investment will last approx. 3 months before the whole thing ends in turmoil and Wednesday are back staving off administration, Unfortunately for me the two teams in England I have soft spots for are in the same situation stumbling from one cash crises to another.