James Mcfadden Anyone?

saintee4life

Definite yes for me. We lack a creative, unpredictable player who can make things happen. Might not start every game but would definitely add something.

We've lost May, haselbank and now Maclean. BG looks to be a good centre forward but we desperately need a creative spark and I don't know if there are many other free agents available who could fill that role.

Tommy suggests in todays paper that there are 3 strikers on his radar. Other than McFadden I cant think of any others that would fit the role.

Wouldn`t call McFadden a striker.

We do need someone in midfield that can create space & play the right ball. Not sure the McFadden of today can do that but he could at one time.

Not sure about this. If there's only budget for one player, surely it's an out and out striker we need? Also would like to see us bringing in someone who's more than just a stop-gap... with May gone and McLean injury prone, we're in desperate need of a new established front man.

I really like McFadden but he didn't seem to do all that well with Motherwell last season and his fitness always seems an issue. Still, would be tempting on a pay-per-play deal I guess.

No, if we did sign him it would just highlight what a ****ing disaster this Summer was. Instead of May, Goodwillie and Hasselbaink we'd have Graham, Morgan and McFadden. Shambles

You can put the idea of us ever having had those three at the same time out of your head as that is financially beyond a club like Saints. We may have got Goodwillie if the May saga had been finalised sooner but I believe May himself played a big part in the delay there. We would never, ever be able to afford to have all three players at the same time on our books. We wouldn't have been able to offer May the huge contract we did if we hadn't released Hasselbaink either.

You can put the idea of us ever having had those three at the same time out of your head as that is financially beyond a club like Saints. We may have got Goodwillie if the May saga had been finalised sooner but I believe May himself played a big part in the delay there. We would never, ever be able to afford to have all three players at the same time on our books. We wouldn't have been able to offer May the huge contract we did if we hadn't released Hasselbaink either.

Far too sensible a post.