Bottom 6.

St Mikey

A terrible cocktail of lack of confidence, lack of faith from Chairman in not signing Goodwillie, on loan front man, failure to score goals, failure to string passes together and a failure to keep clean sheets.  Put all that together and we are in for a worrying season.  Altogether dreadful.  After Dundee game I was struggling to think of as bad a performance over the last 2-3 years.  Saturday was stinking.

If I was offered a finish of 10th at the end of the season I would grab it. 

A terrible cocktail of lack of confidence, lack of faith from Chairman in not signing Goodwillie, on loan front man, failure to score goals, failure to string passes together and a failure to keep clean sheets.  Put all that together and we are in for a worrying season.  Altogether dreadful.  After Dundee game I was struggling to think of as bad a performance over the last 2-3 years.  Saturday was stinking.

If goodwillie had an offer from us and Aberdeen who would he have joined?

FFS, FFFFFFFFFFFFS. We all support Saints right?. 10th in the top league is a disaster???? Short memories from some.

i grew up supporting them for years, mostly decades, in the lower leagues. Forfar on a wet wednesday night is not a good nigvht out.

top half finishes, cup glory, european football...these are the good times.... enjoy them.

FFS, FFFFFFFFFFFFS. We all support Saints right?. 10th in the top league is a disaster???? Short memories from some.

i grew up supporting them for years, mostly decades, in the lower leagues. Forfar on a wet wednesday night is not a good nigvht out.

top half finishes, cup glory, european football...these are the good times.... enjoy them.

I appreciate that some folks have seen far darker times than I have seen or hope to see.

But should coasting along just be acceptable and cheered purely because it used to be shite?

continual prudence has ensured the long term survival, and the recent success of our club.

coasting is never acceptable, but our expectations have to be realistic.

mcfaddens signing is surely a sign the club willing to move forward, spend money.

wee club, wee town,  wee support - if you think we'll ever be in the chmpions league, start following someone else.

so weve had a dodgy start to the season, would you rather be a fan of a big team like hibs/hearts/rangers given where they are?

Still in the PL with an outside chance of a cup run, thats not shite.

continual prudence has ensured the long term survival, and the recent success of our club.

coasting is never acceptable, but our expectations have to be realistic.

mcfaddens signing is surely a sign the club willing to move forward, spend money.

wee club, wee town, wee support - if you think we'll ever be in the chmpions league, start following someone else.

so weve had a dodgy start to the season, would you rather be a fan of a big team like hibs/hearts/rangers given where they are?

Still in the PL with an outside chance of a cup run, thats not shite.

I'm happy that the club has survived.

Its not unrealistic to hope that the side had been strengthened the manager hoped for that so its good enough for me.

I don't think or expect we will be in the Champions League.

I would not want be a fan of Rangers,Hibs or Hearts and in general I appreciate and understand how my club is being run.

I did not say anything is shite.

rik, this was not a personal attack on you. there seems to be a general negativity around the board. plently of folk think we should sell the family silver to try to grab a 2nd place - feck it if murrawell can why not us??? some of us can remember the last time they overspent.

i;d just like to know what some fans expect of saints.

continual PL football is a positive for saints, not coasting. Up against some of the ridiculous over spending by others, weve remained sensible and done well.

stability in any business offers the opportunity for future growth. Instabilty offers uncertainty.

rik, this was not a personal attack on you. there seems to be a general negativity around the board. plently of folk think we should sell the family silver to try to grab a 2nd place - feck it if murrawell can why not us??? some of us can remember the last time they overspent.

continual PL football is a positive for saints, not coasting. Up against some of the ridiculous over spending by others, weve remained sensible and done well.

stability in any business offers the opportunity for future growth. Instabilty offers uncertainty.

I'm in a mood.

6 points off the top six in.......October! A single point from 7th in.....October! Have faith in the management team, they have a challenge, no doubt about that, but TW and SB have more than earned the chance turn this corner. I cannot believe the negativity so early in the season. This is shaping up to be the tightest league in years a couple of wins can make all the difference, as can a few defeats.....long long way to go. :)

6 points off the top six in.......October! A single point from 7th in.....October! Have faith in the management team, they have a challenge, no doubt about that, but TW and SB have more than earned the chance turn this corner. I cannot believe the negativity so early in the season. This is shaping up to be the tightest league in years a couple of wins can make all the difference, as can a few defeats.....long long way to go. :)

Its more the style. In our last four league games we've had three shots on target. We aren't getting any luck though either and every time the opposition attack they seem to score.

The line about selling the family silver to grab 2nd place is absolute nonsense!! Not once have I heard a single saints fan wanting to spend loads of money

The negativity started at the chairman's door. His attitude over pre season was horrendous.

We need to adopt a shoot on sight philosophy. And the fans need to embrace it. Most shots will miss but I tend to recall a young lad Stevie May having loads of shots miss the target or be pretty woeful. Although we didn't mind as sooner or later he would find the net. Come on the only way to improve emotions is score goals. SHOOT!

Pretty sure these threads and topics regurgitate themselves around this time every season! So we had one semi-decent start to a season last year for the first time in how many? Correct me if I am wrong but if you look back at previous seasons bar 2013/2014 we are in pretty much the same position we are now. Remember who you are going along to watch on a Saturday, we are notoriously poor at the beginning of our campaigns consistently and this season is no different 

That's exactly why we should'nt be doing this again...off to a bad start not only this season, but also in recent games!...why can't we start the season...say like Hamilton or Dundee Utd for a change! :laugh:

and still finish..top three.

Pretty sure these threads and topics regurgitate themselves around this time every season! So we had one semi-decent start to a season last year for the first time in how many? Correct me if I am wrong but if you look back at previous seasons bar 2013/2014 we are in pretty much the same position we are now. Remember who you are going along to watch on a Saturday, we are notoriously poor at the beginning of our campaigns consistently and this season is no different 

Edited by Pelosi

The line about selling the family silver to grab 2nd place is absolute nonsense!! Not once have I heard a single saints fan wanting to spend loads of money

and on that point, we shall agree to disagree......

fans complaining that were not in the top half of the PL, havent won a national cup for all of 5 months, are out of europe already, havent  spent a fortune replacing one striker, havent thrown a ton of money at our squads deficiencies, sack the board etc etc etc

**** sake, lets get realistic, we are perth saints

Edited by canuck_saint

fans complaining that were not in the top half of the PL, havent won a national cup for all of 5 months, are out of europe already, havent spent a fortune replacing one striker, havent thrown a ton of money at our squads deficiencies, sack the board etc etc etc

Was Tommy Wright wrong to want the squad strengthened?

Because thats what most "negative, knicker wetters" are reacting to imo.

This really p*sses me off about the generation before mine,

basically from what i understand, the tenor of you argument is that because things were once sh*te back in your day, that we should all accept that is the case now, and not look to push on after our greatest season of all time. there seems to be a real sense from the board that winning the scottish cup is as good as it gets, so lets just scrimp and save, and see how long we can live off the good will generated from the cup win.

the way the league is, we had a genuine chance to not only challenge for the top two spot, but actually with the way celtic are going, a faint title challenge would have been possible. instead we have conveyed a public message to the players that they will have little competition, and as such they have got complacent, and a lack of true leaders ( by this i mean inspirational/good talker/set by example, not bitch and moan at teammates ala wayne rooney when things go wrong) we are headed in a downwards spiral.

Dont get me wrong, i love my team, il never forget the tears i had in the cup run last year, and i will continue to go to matches even when we do end up back to wet windy nights at abroath, i just feel gutted at what could have been, and feel we have let a chance to have a so called "golden era" slip before it could even get started

I don't want us to be Perth Saints...or should I say the same Perth Saints who took 129yrs to win their first domestic trophy (if you don't include the Challenge Cup) or the same Perth Saints who did not improve on getting to Semi-Finals and failing to get to the Final. The same Perth Saints who were relegated in successive seasons and the same Perth Saints who get to a certain level and then go backwards!

This is one of the most important points where Saints have the potential to prove to the fans they've gained, that this is not the same Perth Saints who when faced with the chance to progress, fail to do so!

Many Scottish clubs with equal or less resources have achieved more than Perth Saints, were they realistic!

fans complaining that were not in the top half of the PL, havent won a national cup for all of 5 months, are out of europe already, havent  spent a fortune replacing one striker, havent thrown a ton of money at our squads deficiencies, sack the board etc etc etc

We need to adopt a shoot on sight philosophy. And the fans need to embrace it. Most shots will miss but I tend to recall a young lad Stevie May having loads of shots miss the target or be pretty woeful. Although we didn't mind as sooner or later he would find the net. Come on the only way to improve emotions is score goals. SHOOT!

Might as well go back to the way we played in our 1st season back up. If we can't keep goals out just go all guns blazing and try out score opponents. At least the games were exciting.

Might as well go back to the way we played in our 1st season back up. If we can't keep goals out just go all guns blazing and try out score opponents. At least the games were exciting.

Hear hear!!

I mean what is it with all the side passes, back passes and not one shot on goal?

Whats with the looking for a pass when the shot is there staring them in the face?

I miss that about May, call him a greedy bassa but he took pot shots as they presented themselves.

A few games now you hear the "SHOOT!!" and then the groan and polite applause as it's passed sideways.