St Johnstone V Kilmarnock 18Th Oct 2014

Shibbydoo

Last night's commentators on Hamilton v Aberdeen were saying that if a team plays apressing game, and few do nowadays, then the whole team must be involved. 1 or 2 not working ruins the whole system and renders it innefective. They went on to say how good Hamilton were at doing that. It reminded me that we used to play a high energy, high temp pressing game, and that it brought results on the whole.

I'm not sure what type of game we're playing now, but it isn't high energy and pressing, for sure.

We aren't good enough to stroke the ball about, we have to work, and work hard.

Injuries and loss of form, together with the playing budget restrictions aren't helping.

And Hamilton are playing with a team comprised largely of young players.

Edited by andrew

Stewards are dickheads in general. my mum is 87 years old, still goes to every game, yet what boils my piss is this, she has had a season ticket for 25 years at McD, She has sat in the same seat in the main stand for the same amount of years, Yet every ****ing game when my mum, my son, my dad and me go to the same turnstile every week , The steward asks Mum to let them search her handbag??? we all generally walk past them and then need to come back out the door to help her in, Can I ask  when was the last time a 87 year old smuggled , pyro, etc etc into the main stand?   Rant Over.          

Stewards need to keep away fans in the Ormond Stand to one section.

Killie fans today were utter roasters of the highest order.

Saving a fortune on Sunday papers these days! It's pretty miserable leaving mcdiarmid listening to the chants of supporters whose teams have been bang average, yet still have enough to beat us!

If you look at squads like Hamiltons I would argue there is very little difference in the quality of player but the gulf in aptitude, work rate and endeavour is huge. I genuinely feel sorry for Wright, he played a team that probably 90% of fans would have chose but the familiar pattern of a good starting 10 minutes or so was followed by that s&@t. How can you account for professional players being so poor at delivering a ball! Very few positives today and a heap of negatives. Can someone tell miller he can't charge forward cut inside and leave us totally exposed, did he not learn from the st mirren game? Can mannus and his defence speak to each other so we don't give away needless corners and please can we spend the week working on delivering a ball that doesn't hit the first man or alternatively hit row Z, starting with 10yards first. For the last ten minutes we played like we were seeing out a draw, Killie must wonder how on earth we put them out of the cup.

Really worried about our upcoming game against 'the the', could be very embarrassing if we don't buck up our ideas soon.

Personally thought Scott Brown was our best player today; calm on the ball, made space for himself and passed it. A rarity in the side. Very surprised he was taken off and that worries me as leads me to start questioning Wright's judgement. I wouldn't have taken Lappin off either and Fraser Wright should have started the game.

We started decently, got a fairly fortuitous goal and you think maybe this is what we need. Then absolutely abject defending could have seen us 5-1 down at half time. Lot of ball in second half but never looked like scoring.

Think we are going down. The wave of negativity off the pitch is being mirrored on it. Something is not quite right. It's hard to comprehend we won the cup in May.

Stewards are dickheads in general. my mum is 87 years old, still goes to every game, yet what boils my piss is this, she has had a season ticket for 25 years at McD, She has sat in the same seat in the main stand for the same amount of years, Yet every ****ing game when my mum, my son, my dad and me go to the same turnstile every week , The steward asks Mum to let them search her handbag??? we all generally walk past them and then need to come back out the door to help her in, Can I ask when was the last time a 87 year old smuggled , pyro, etc etc into the main stand? Rant Over.

Pish behaviour.

Next set of games: Partick, Well, Dundee, County & St Mirren.

Win them (or three of the five) and it will all look a whole lot better.

See positive thinking that's what a bottle of red wine does for you.

Trouble is our fans are far more positive than our team .... We're in a bad habit right now and I think we're in for a long hard fight against relegation

Next set of games: Partick, Well, Dundee, County & St Mirren.

Win them (or three of the five) and it will all look a whole lot better.

See positive thinking that's what a bottle of red wine does for you.

Can you see us winning any of those games? I'm afraid I just can't. Picked up my Rangers tickets today and am absolutely dreading that now. Last season we'd bd going there expecting to win.

I'm on the white wine. Might try red if it leads to your optimism......

To add insult to injury had to spend 30 minutes getting out the car park in a shitty mood. Considering our tiny crowd the lack of organization was shocking. More cost cutting?

To be fair, for once this had sod all to do with Saints, and everything to do with the  two police diddies on point duty. I have seen 3 year olds manage traffic better....

The gate that leads more or less onto the A9 was not used at the end of the game? It was pointed out last season by the police that it was a police Budget decision if it could be manned or not, Think there was something going on in the town centre around the District council offices this afternoon that needed police a presence.so their need their need blew the budget I suppose/   

To be fair, for once this had sod all to do with Saints, and everything to do with the  two police diddies on point duty. I have seen 3 year olds manage traffic better....

To add insult to injury had to spend 30 minutes getting out the car park in a shitty mood. Considering our tiny crowd the lack of organization was shocking. More cost cutting?

That was enraging! I never park in there but had my old boys pass today so went for it. Got home 30 mins later than normal.

Then Chick Young on Off the Ball on way home where a Kilmarnock fan from Aberdeen phoned to complain about prices Saints charge despite the fact his two kids got in for free. Needless to say the clueless Young and Cowan just agreed with him and said it was a disgrace or something.

While it's fair to criticise the team/management/"Ebenezer" on some of our recent performances, i think some of you take football a bit too seriously. I was a little frustrated at first but i've accepted that we're currently pretty shite and the team isn't going to be as good as it has been the past couple years. I enjoyed going to games in the days of Sheerin, Scotland and Stanic and we're still a much better team than we were then. Could be worse, we could be Motherwell. At least we won a cup and had a few magic european nights during our most recent golden spell. They were pish in both and are even worse than we are now. Im sure all will be forgiven on here if we pump the **** a week on Tuesday!

Edited by Miguel Simao

Well not to go over too much of what has been said before, I thought we were tactically naive in defence today and gave away two very poor goals. The first fifteen minutes had almost restored my faith and that a corner was being turned.

What was needed was sleeves being rolled up and an ugly win or draw to arrest the slump, the manner in which we lost st mirren should have ensured. What we actually got was a fairly lukewarm performance with too many players hiding and not wanting the ball.

Also did anyone hear the announcement at half time about a curry night coming up soon. 50 quid for non-season ticket holders and 40 quid for ST holders. It does seem to be a pretty shite deal if you stumped up for a ST

It was obvious that we would miss some of the players that left us/got injured, but what I didn't expect was the drop in form we've seen from most of the lads.

The back four looked vulnerable every time the ball came into the box. That has been pretty rare for us in recent seasons, but Kilmarnock looked a lot more dangerous than they should have.

I'll repeat my opinion on Davidson, although most will probably disagree, our midfield loses all shape when he is in the team. When playing a 4-4-2 with him in there, all you see is gaps and opposition find it very easy to keep possession. Young Brown tries his best to cover the defensive work, but it's a lot to ask of a 19 year old. Comparing the central midfield yesterday to the pairing of Dunne and Millar is chalk and cheese. Give me Dunne over Davidson any day. The amount of teams you see one of our players played into a tough position and all they can do is hoof the ball forward because they don't have a central midfielder coming close to give them an option is criminal.

I'm not too convinced on Lappin and McFadden really looks a shell of his old self. The brain and vision is still there but I'm not sure if the body is.

It's a bottom 6 for us this season, I've no doubt. Expect us to pick up a lot more points when MacLean comes back.

Joys of supporting Saints!