Saints V Hamilton 4/1/15

Needed an extra man in the midfield today to grab a hold in there and play through them, too many long balls to forwards who can't win headers. That said even then we weren't at the races.

As for the ref! Clearly instructed by the sfa to give us nothing, after getting the rub of the green recently. No ref can be that bad by accident, it was just down right cheating plain and simple.

Saints got what they deserved today. Hamilton had far more energy looked fitter, sharper, hungrier and pressed the saints players the whole game not giving them any time on the ball. For a guy of Brian Graham's size he wins absolutely nothing in the air. Fair enough he runs his socks off but his movement in the box is shocking. The amount of times a cross comes into the box he's always flat footed at the back post instead of actually moving and making a front post run. 6th place at best this season

We were shocking today. It was the poorest performance I've seen in months. Our passing was terrible, our movement was disjointed and we constantly lost our shape.

I don't like to pick on specific players when the whole team has had a nightmare out there. However, there are a few things I feel the need to mention. I'm not much of a fan of Simon Lappin even when he is playing in his primary position, and I didn't agree with the decision to play him as a left-back. Tommy should have noticed that he was constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time, allowing Imrie far too much space and providing nothing in an attacking sense other than hopelessly random long balls. Having said this, I still think that the Millar-Lappin midfield combination is currently our most effective one and I'd be disappointed not to see the manager revert to that in the next match.

McDonald provided nothing really. I have never been one of the 'haters', but I was watching him closely today and it was a disappointing performance. He has good opportunities for a forward pass, before dithering on the ball for far too long. The opportunity is then gone and he resorts to passing it backwards instead. On almost every occasion. An absolutely pointless contribution from him. The decision to replace him with Liam Caddis was equally pointless.

O'Halloran is still very naive in so many ways. He is like a schoolboy, desperate for the individual 'glory', even if it means that he isn't performing his team duties. It has become very clear to me that he is absolutely wasted as a winger. He constantly drifts into the centre of the pitch instead, providing no support for the left-back. Therefore, our threat down that side is hugely limited. If we are to play O'Halloran (as I firmly believe we should), he must start either as a striker or behind the striker. There's no doubt that he is one of our most dangerous players, and he is at his most dangerous when playing through the centre.

The refereeing was shocking. Enough said. Despite that, we would never have got anything from the match. Hamilton weren't great but they were certainly better than us.

Edited by The Real Saints

Poor game, poor performance and poor referee. Could not wait to get red card out and looked to me that Wotherspoon was shoved in the box straight beforehand. Got no decisions, baffling team selection, Lappin looked out of position at left back, overrun in midfield and started both halves very slowly. Graham did nothing and was not surprised he was hooked, looked better when Macca came on. Did not really notice Mcdonald was playing, cannot play a two in centre mid with him as goes missing.

Out thought and out fought. Yet again Saints lose to a team who worked twice as hard as us, who were wise to our style and who deserved the points. We were at times gutless, very naive and extremely disorganised. There were more than a few shocking preformances. They were clever, very well organised and were brave. They were first to nearly every ball. A times we were not even second. Players out of position not withstanding, that was one of the most lacklustre and insipid Saints effort I have seen in a long while. The fact that it was only 1-0 was simply down to Hamiltons wastefulness in front of goal. They are a horrible nippy team and are hard on the eye, they go down easily and break the play up at every opportunity, but that works for them. They play for each other, are in your face and work like Trojans when they don't have the ball. A 14 day break is possibly just what we need now. Time to rest, regroup and practice getting back to the basics. I want to rant about the ref but I cannae be arsed. I will only say two things. Firstly and most importantly, we DID NOT lose because of the ref. Secondly Andrew Dallas was absolutely ****ing hopeless.

Hamilton looked a class outfit. Passing and movement is slick, we were lucky if we bounced 3 balls to each other today...

We were shite. Graham and McDonald especially, thought Millar was left on his own in midfield to do everything. Graham seems to be lower down when he jumps for the ball... Croft and Mackay looked like they hadn't seen or played with each other. McFadden at least tried to make something happen and had a few good moments.

Probably would have been a different game if O'Halloran scored when he hit the bar in the 1st half.

If we are gonna play like that I want summer football, too cold to watch that rubbish. Didn't think the ref was that bad until he sent off McFadden, coulda done more about the Hamilton players ripping shirts off our backs though.

Lappin should have been left back in the changing rooms

Gary mac is just a big fairy that dances about the park, feart to put a tackle in or try to win a ball, shites himself when someone passes him the ball an either goes side ways or back with little effect

The sooner Graham goes back to utd the better, one of the smallest players on the park when he jumps, couldn't score in a brothel

The rest were equally as shit but at least offer something when on form, the first touch from our players is hopeless they defo need to work on some one touch football

Graham's movement in the box is terrible. If it's a bad cross it usually at least hits the front post in which case you'd expect your striker to actually move and get in front of the 1st defender. Graham is brutal. It's virtually most of the same squad as last year and Stevie May managed to score all his goals cause he had quality movement. If Graham's not prepared to actually move into space then we will create **** all

Midfield the problem today, both going forward and defensively. Just offered nothing. McDonald was an utter Wraith, Millar poor, Croft couldn't control anything, O'Halloran played like he's just had a Lobotomy.

Lappin was poor at Left Back but seeing as that's not his position I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hamilton aren't great shakes either and if we'd used the obvious edge we had (down their left side) better then it might have been different. What they are is organised, efficient, determined and just a bit cynical.

Referee and East Stand linesman were piss poor.

From a Saints point of view no need to get too worked up just yet. We know we are a streaky side it's just annoying as **** losing at home to a shower of shite like that.

Silly faddy! I'd have hooked him instead if Croft. Would have saved the embarrassing highlight of two soft fouls on the highlights.

Accies were tacklers and niggled the entire game. We failed as a team going forward. Ref missing far too much then card happy to faddy.

Impressed that Accies held out... thought we would have got the goal for a deserved point. Only if frazer could head the ball downwards with a clear header from a corner..

Is it me or have our corners lost the threat we had last season....

I enjoyed the ham fans singing 'let's all do the faddy' after he got sent off and done the 'faddy' .Well done it was funny as feck.

The match wasn't though.

Well done hammy we couldnae get past ye.

Man of the match are the young team for there vocal backing that's before they also got 'sent off' of course.

Time to get pished.

Ref was shite but that wasn't why we failed. We have a team that age is going against and 2 games in 4 days were too hard for some players. We were second to everything, Graham looked like he'd lost a bit of sharpness and the introduction of McDonald proved 2 things - 1. He's shite and a waste of a jersey 2. Midge can't cover 2 central midfield positions on his own.

Bad day at the office - we take stock and we recover for the next game.

I thought our deliveries from corners were spot on today to be honest, putting them in the correct areas just didn't attack them properly. Bizarre criticism to throw at Faddy tbh.

Lappin at left back while Scobbie is on the bench is the sort of decision that could get a manager in trouble if he wasn't a Scottish Cup winning God. Bizarre decision that was obviously not working right from the start.

Thought we were well beaten today. Hamilton are in the top 6 on merit on that performance for me. They press and harry and didn't let saints have any comfortable possession. They are physical as well and outfought us today, bordering on dirty at times, they're happy to give fouls away when necessary. But they also play good slick passing and have a lot of pace and energy throughout the team.

Saints were outnumbered in the centre of midfield and created practically nothing. We never really had comfortable possession of the ball. Very little stuck upfront and we looked completely devoid of ideas on how to change it. Pretty awful to watch.

The ref and linesman were really poor but no excuses, I thought we were well beaten by a far hungrier, quicker and more energetic side.

I thought our deliveries from corners were spot on today to be honest, putting them in the correct areas just didn't attack them properly. Bizarre criticism to throw at Faddy tbh.

Lappin at left back while Scobbie is on the bench is the sort of decision that could get a manager in trouble if he wasn't a Scottish Cup winning God. Bizarre decision that was obviously not working right from the start.

Agree with that Ali, I thought his corners were really good, he was getting really frustrated nobody was attacking that area at front corner of 6 yd box, but he maybe could have mixed them up a bit. Also about Lappin, he was far too wide when we were defending in the first half, and they got a lot of joy playing the ball in between him and Frazer to exploit it.

Their goal was bizarre. They played with one upfront, one of the leagues top goalscorers this season, and we leave him completely on his own 10 yards from goal.

Stats at half time were - Saints zero shots on target and Hamilton 5.

Lappin at left back was shocking and Imrie capitalised on it perfectly.  We have been on a great run, but that really masks a lot.  We simply do not score goals.  As a club, we have only scored 4 more than Andreu.

McFadden is a luxury we simply do not need, moaning to the ref constatnly rather than self analysing and showing commitment fully displayed by the opposition.  Looked to me at half time that he would potentially see red, bit annoyed Tommy never spotted this.