Thanks Saints

jazzsaint

Agree with the sentiment of your post but we've lost twice at home, to Minsk and Spartak Tvarna.

I know that we are all disappointed with tonights result.

However I just wanted to thank my wee home town football club for bringing European football once again to Perth.

I was too young to remember any of the European games played at Muirton but I have been to every one at McDiarmid Park.

I have watched 2 UEFA cup Games (1999-2000) and 6 Europa League games (2012-2016)

In all the eight games I have only seen Saints defeated at home once! I feel privileged to have witnessed this achievement.

I know we have been spoiled with having such recent great successes and tonights result for me is very bitter sweet.

I just wanted to thank everybody that works so hard for our club for the great memories.

Im definitely going to try and keep the blue flag flying high, as I know there will be difficult times ahead.

COYS

What exactly is a happy clapper?

the sheer blasé attitude of some on here to a result that should not have happened would be a fair indication of happy clapping.

The result from the first leg was a disappointment.

The manner of capitulation in the second would have had an eruption of fury at most other clubs.

Instead we have 'ho hum' we underestimated them... '

underestimate them in the first leg fair enough... Over two legs against a side who get 200 - 300 at home games ? More than disappointing, both the performance and reaction.

and then to get castigated for having an opinion?

'Mon lads. Man up.

I am 56 years old,seen the good and the bad,i was,while disappointed one of the one's who as you say was a bit "ho hum" about Thursday as i was happy just to have made Europe for the 4th season on the trot

We had a makeshift team and gave away a silly goal,while not brilliant I've seen us playing worse and winning

Unlike some im not concerned at all and have us to finish 3rd

I could be wrong just have to see, with a couple of additional players i certainly believe

Suppose that make me a " happy clapper?

the sheer blasé attitude of some on here to a result that should not have happened would be a fair indication of happy clapping.

The result from the first leg was a disappointment.

The manner of capitulation in the second would have had an eruption of fury at most other clubs.

Instead we have 'ho hum' we underestimated them... '

underestimate them in the first leg fair enough... Over two legs against a side who get 200 - 300 at home games ? More than disappointing, both the performance and reaction.

and then to get castigated for having an opinion?

'Mon lads. Man up.

What has the size of their home crowd got to do with it? We're proof that crowd size has nothing to do with the ability of the team.

finish 3rd? you are at the wind up

LSD in the water in perth these days

Pendant Alert - Technically you could put as much LSD as the world can produce in a year into the water supply and it will have no effect. The chlorine kills it on contact. That's why distilled water or alcohol is used in the blotter making process. Peace and Love. Every day's a school day.

What has the size of their home crowd got to do with it? We're proof that crowd size has nothing to do with the ability of the team.

Up to a point. There is a demonstrable correlation between average crowd size and success over a period. Season-by-season it will vary. 

Besides, Alashkert did look amateurish. A decent side playing well would run through them. We shouldn't be using the 'missing players' as an excuse for an embarrassing result.

ive been getting castigated since i joined here simply because I don't accept utter failure and incompetence. good luck m8, you will need it

For someone who complains about being castigated, you do a lot of castigation. You'd do a lot better if you weren't so aggressive and your arguments were better thought out.

I can't understand for example how you can complain about a squad of full-time players' going out to a pub team on one hand, and then lay the blame on the chairman's 'penny-pinching'. 

For the record, I think it was a shocking result and the blame lies with players and manager equally. No-one has castigated me yet for holding that opinion.

Back to the main aim of the thread...thanks saints for being a fashionably unfashionable team. If we won everything all the time it be boring. I love the fact we have high expectations And get brought back down to earth with a bump. Very much mirrors my experience following the national team. Love it!

Pendant Alert - Technically you could put as much LSD as the world can produce in a year into the water supply and it will have no effect. The chlorine kills it on contact. That's why distilled water or alcohol is used in the blotter making process. Peace and Love. Every day's a school day.

You sound like you know what you are doing, want to go into business ?

Up to a point. There is a demonstrable correlation between average crowd size and success over a period. Season-by-season it will vary.

Besides, Alashkert did look amateurish. A decent side playing well would run through them. We shouldn't be using the 'missing players' as an excuse for an embarrassing result.

I don't agree at all that crowd size has direct correlation with periods of success.

Saints are a prime example right under our noses.

Motherwell have had periods of 'relative' success with low crowds.

In England in recent years Spurs have regularly finished above clubs with far bigger crowds - Villa, Liverpool, Everton on a very regular basis, not too mention consistent top 5/6 finishes including quite recently finishing above Man City, United and Chelsea.

A success of a football club is in my opinion defined by a few things.

A manager who can work with what he's got.

The right players buying into that managers plans.

Unless you are Chelsea or City and have a sugar daddy.

I'd like the thank Saints for wasting my weeks holiday!! Should've been in Kazakhstan this week.Just as an aside to op, we've lost at home twice in the last 4 games, Minsk and Trnava

Cheers, I fuqed up in my early hours sentimental ramblings.

However, just to reiterate.

I'll support you evermore (fuq the score)

COYS