Scott Allan

Kilgour

A thing of beauty would be if the player got his way only for Sevco to miss out on promotion again while Hibs win the league.

...and the reverse (and quite possible) is for Allan to leave for nowt,the Weegies win the league and the Hobos capitulate again.

Allan and his agent have backed Hibs into a corner and Hibs are now in a no-win situation as the player wants away,some fans have turned on him and Stubbs has publicly declared.

Hibs have stated he will not be sold to Rangers- it seems to me as if they are hoping for another club to come in and make an offer- that way they get their dosh, rid the squad of someone that doesn't want to be there and stop Sevco from strengthening their side.

The thing about him is he did the exact same thing when at united if I remember correctly, think he only played a handful of games for the first team, an offer came in for him from WBA and he wanted away, did not listen to what he was being told by people and went and failed. Looks like he is going down the same route again by the way. 

No, but you must be. Are you saying you would be quite happy to tie up say... £175.000 of Saints limited budget just to make a point?

i was kidding but seriously shows what kind of guy he is if Stubbs cant trust him to give his all against rangers. i give you Liam Craig playing for us against Hibs after signing a pre contract. different types of characters all together

• 2 weeks later...

Celtic have put a bid in for him now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33905902

Celtic have made an offer of cash plus players to Hibernian for midfielder Scott Allan.

BBC Scotland has learned that Allan is prepared to consider an offer from the Premiership champions.

Edited by jazzsaint

Celtic have made an offer of cash plus players to Hibernian for midfielder Scott Allan.

BBC Scotland has learned that Allan is prepared to consider an offer from the Premiership champions.

I thought Rangers was the only team he wanted to play for.

Are Celtic just doing it to wind up The The.

Starve considering Collins says there were no decent Scottish players.

Reckon this could go through. 

Tic get one over their rivals and at the same time provide Hibs with players, probably 2 plus a loan signing to make the Championship a tougher league to win for The The.

As I stated earlier,Allan s agent must be right on the case.The Rangers were made out to be the "baddies" in all this but I am not sure.Warburton always refused to comment as Allan was another teams player,but Stubbs said he would run down his contract and WOULD NOT sell him (especially to Govan or any other potential rivals).IF Sellick dont fall into this category,then Stubbs cant be confident of coming up.

Hibs picked up a player who had failed in England for zip and now get £275,000 plus a player and a loanee.Good business,bad PR.