League Cup Draw

templeofsaints

First bus from Peebles already booked. Bring it on................COYS

There are quite a few Hibees here in Peebles and on the whole they are all decent people, however over the last few days they have turned into obnoxious twats who think their team just need to turn up for the semi and the SPFPFSPFSL (or whatever they are called nowadays) will get the Final they want.

I cant say I am a fan of RC since the way they handled the Richie Brittain saga but I feckin hope they stuff septic. SJ v RC final doesn't get any better, I really don't care if there is only 20,000 inside Hampden for the final .

Anyway the chances are we will be sharing buses from Peebles so the journey home WILL be good for us Peebles Saintees!!!!!!!!!

COYS

Hope you are not too outnumbered. Coys.

4000 then? Do you not reckon we could shift more given the chance?

I really don't. Anybody with remotest Saints connection went to the final....and brought their friends. Semi final's aren't like that....regulars, semi-regulars and day-outer's will be there and 4k's enough.

and, as Cagey said, it's not as if it's a new thing.

This whole post sounds a bit negative...it's not meant to...we're brilliant!! :cool:

I really don't. Anybody with remotest Saints connection went to the final....and brought their friends. Semi final's aren't like that....regulars, semi-regulars and day-outer's will be there and 4k's enough.

This whole post sounds a bit negative...it's not meant to...we're brilliant!! :cool:

I think we'll fill behind the goal.  It's on a Saturday at 3 o clock and not on the TV.  We're playing some cracking stuff, as Hibs are and it's all set up to be a great game and very winnable. A lot of people missed the semi at Ibrox who'll not miss this one. 

You are probably right. I am alluding to the notion that to only offer us the Roseburn, thus 3500, is a bit mean considering hibs only have 7000 season tickets holders and would be given 12000 tickets straight off the bat.

Would it not be fairer to give us the Roseburn and half of the main stand, then, what we don't sell in our half of the main stand by a certain period of time we graciously hand over to hibs and the main stand is segregated accordingly. Allow saints fans every opportunity to get along if they want to....

If we sell our allocation of 3500 quickly, it will leave people wondering did we deserve more?

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

You are probably right. I am alluding to the notion that to only offer us the Roseburn, thus 3500, is a bit mean considering hibs only have 7000 season tickets holders and would be given 12000 tickets straight off the bat.

Would it not be fairer to give us the Roseburn and half of the main stand, then, what we don't sell in our half of the main stand by a certain period of time we graciously hand over to hibs and the main stand is segregated accordingly. Allow saints fans every opportunity to get along if they want to....

If we sell our allocation of 3500 quickly, it will leave people wondering did we deserve more?

But then that would mean Hibs getting just under double their season ticket amount and we still get 3 times our season ticket number.

4k for us and 12/13k for Hibs sounds just about right.

But then that would mean Hibs getting just under double their season ticket amount and we still get 3 times our season ticket number.

that will probably be the right figures but dont think thats how it works. if we could guarentee we could fill half the stadium then thats what we'd be due

Worth noting it's the first time we've played a side ranked below us in a semi final since Hearts in 1998. I think the winnable nature of the tie, the knowledge that a semi final win isn't beyond us and the fact we are brilliant should see a bumper crowd. I'd want to work backwards from a high figure rather than trying to beg for scraps after we sell out a lower figure. I'd want the Roseburn and a section of the Main Stand and if we don't require the Main Stand then Hibs can have it. 

Another meaningless fact is we are 2 for 2 in cup semis against sides we are above in the league system. Looking closer at the draws we've had puts our ridiculously poor semi final record in some sort of context. 

Anyone any idea if there'll be extra / supporters trains laid on from Perth, considering the nightmare of the Forth Road bridge at the moment.  

What's up with the bridge? The North bound carriageway is down to 40mph but the Southbound is as normal so don't imagine any issues driving through. Even the 40mph limit doesn't make much difference when I've been over

I said last week I wouldn't run a bus from Glenrothes, but I've since priced a 24 seater. If full (it'll only be a goer if full), it will £8 per head. If anyone from Glenrothes/Kirkcaldy are would like a seat let me know before the Christmas holidays start coz I ain't mucking about after that trying to fill the bus.

Hibs' average home attendance last season was 10200. Ours was 4500 odd.  That should be the starting point for allocation of tickets for the semi.

As others have said, I would far rather we started high and had to hand back a couple of hundred tickets rather than Saints fans miss out just to keep the large number of floating Hibs fans happy.

What's up with the bridge? The North bound carriageway is down to 40mph but the Southbound is as normal so don't imagine any issues driving through. Even the 40mph limit doesn't make much difference when I've been over

Last weekend it took an hour to get from the Dunfermline interchange by the Amazon Warehouse to the south Queensferry junction. 

Increased traffic on the day, time of year, January sales etc would only make the potential of delay worse. 

That was the basis of my train query