League Cup Draw

templeofsaints

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that ST holders should be allowed to buy as many tickets as they like, as has been suggested, I personally think they are damned lucky to be allowed to buy 2. Who are they buying their second ticket for other than for fans, who may be regular/part-time/once every cup semi or final, at the possible expense of fans who go regularly but cannot afford a ST.

I was one of the lucky ones who got a voucher and would not have dreampt of getting a second ticket other than for somebody I know who, like myself, goes as often as their work etc allows

Don't you think that system is a bit outdated for a Premier League level football club who have had quite a lot of big, high-demand matches over the last four or five years? A proper supporters database with a loyalty points system is surely long overdue. There could be fans out there who have attended most of this season's matches and couldn't make the Hearts game, while others could have secured a voucher by only going to one match. Time to get rid of all this faffing about with paper vouchers and introduce a system that is fair on everyone, rewards the most regular fans and doesn't involve having to trek up to the stadium or post bits of paper back and forth.

That sounds like a really complicated computer based scoring system that few would understand.

i think it's time to bring Mnoty in on this.........

Should've gotten the Wheatfield stand that seats just under 6,000 to sort out this mess with vouchers or even better it should've been at Hampden. 

Everything for this semi is pandering to bloody Hibs which is a fecking disgrace. 

The semi final at Hampden would have ruined the match and day experience considerably. 

I mentioned it on p+b but it took us three days of season ticket sales and seven on general sale to sell out the Roseburn for the Aberdeen game. Every Saints fan that wants a ticket will get one, I'm absolutely convinced of that. 

The club have to be applauded for giving out vouchers at the hearts game to non season ticket holders.Great idea that could have been handled better with more publicity etc . As for all the moaners on here that never got a voucher look on the bright side ye wont be sitting next to me.I would understand folk moaning if there were no tickets left in the general sale for them.According to the dundee evening paper we have only sold 2000.If that is to be believed then all that want a ticket should get one ,thankfully not next to me.

The club have to be applauded for giving out vouchers at the hearts game to non season ticket holders.Great idea that could have been handled better with more publicity etc . As for all the moaners on here that never got a voucher look on the bright side ye wont be sitting next to me.I would understand folk moaning if there were no tickets left in the general sale for them.According to the dundee evening paper we have only sold 2000.If that is to be believed then all that want a ticket should get one ,thankfully not next to me.

also if there are hardly any vouchers about there will not be many tickets being sold just now. Loads of seats left... 800 of em at 4pm. I hope we sell em all. Fill the stand. Make the noise. Be the 12th man.  I've still got a voucher if anyone wants it they can collect tonight after 9pm. 

Edited by Dave H

Don't you think that system is a bit outdated for a Premier League level football club who have had quite a lot of big, high-demand matches over the last four or five years? A proper supporters database with a loyalty points system is surely long overdue. There could be fans out there who have attended most of this season's matches and couldn't make the Hearts game, while others could have secured a voucher by only going to one match. Time to get rid of all this faffing about with paper vouchers and introduce a system that is fair on everyone, rewards the most regular fans and doesn't involve having to trek up to the stadium or post bits of paper back and forth.

No.If there was high demand and fans repeatedly were losing out then yes I would agree with you.In all these high demand matches over the last four or five years you speak of has anybody been unable to obtain a ticket.Unless of course your talking about not getting your favourite seat.

If you feel so strongly about it then speak to someone in authority at the club.While your at it you could discuss my swimming pool idea mentioned in another thread.I will let you take the credit seeing as your a mod that does mostly good posts 

It's probably hard for Saints to predict our support, as our last two semi-finals v aberdeen were 3500 or under.  Though the difference now is people have a bit more belief that we can get through from this stage.

i tend to think that everyone wanted to be there when we finally won a semi now its not such a big deal to folk

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that ST holders should be allowed to buy as many tickets as they like, as has been suggested, I personally think they are damned lucky to be allowed to buy 2. Who are they buying their second ticket for other than for fans, who may be regular/part-time/once every cup semi or final, at the possible expense of fans who go regularly but cannot afford a ST.

I was one of the lucky ones who got a voucher and would not have dreampt of getting a second ticket other than for somebody I know who, like myself, goes as often as their work etc allows

I only get one voucher for myself and child in the season ticket book 

No.If there was high demand and fans repeatedly were losing out then yes I would agree with you.In all these high demand matches over the last four or five years you speak of has anybody been unable to obtain a ticket.Unless of course your talking about not getting your favourite seat.

If you feel so strongly about it then speak to someone in authority at the club.While your at it you could discuss my swimming pool idea mentioned in another thread.I will let you take the credit seeing as your a mod that does mostly good posts 

I agree with you about demand. I can't remember ever not being able to get a ticket for a Saints game I wanted to go to, other than one match at Celtic Park a long time ago. And I'm sure everyone who wants a ticket for the semi will probably get one in the end, after the usual little panic. But the system I'm talking about is the future for football clubs and it's going to happen one way or the other, so clubs like Saints should get on board with it, and it would make sense to do it during our successful period. There's an initial expense yes, but in the long term it will help to build the fan base and help to increase fan engagement. It's also way more convenient for us, the fans. Variations of the system are now the norm at English clubs, and also slowly becoming the norm for gigs, shops, restaurants, etc. I've been to gigs with no more than 100 people at them, yet I've been able to buy my own ticket online and print it out. In fairness I do think the club's online presence is pretty good these days and a big improvement on what it used to be, but there's always more that can be done.

I'll ring the club about the swimming pool today and let you know how it goes.:)

The last two Scottish cup semi's we have played in we took a total of about 5k fans, both were pretty embarrassing supports, and the last semi at Tynie, tics were not hard to come bye, so it is understandable why this time around we get the same allocation again.

We have no solid arguement to claim for extra tickets. Saints didn't even ask for a bigger allocation, we have a mibee on the extra tics in the main stand because we have a notoriously poor support.

I agree with the obvious points that the voucher system was poorly implemented against Hearts. I presumed we would see this rolled out at one of the home matches over the festive period but to not mention it on any of the social media accounts OR the official website BEFORE the match is poor - for two reasons. 1) It COULD have encouraged a few strays along to the match thus boosting the crowd 2) People may well have just thrown the voucher away during the match, or after it, not knowing what it was for. To retrospectively put a news item on the official website basically saying "Oh by the way, that's what those vouchers were for" is crap. It's doubly crap that half of the people paying in seemed to get them and half didn't.

It has been discussed to death that Saints have been in the dark ages for a long time when it comes to their ticketing systems but I can understand that to an extent. We rarely have all ticket fixtures which means they've never been forced to update the way they do it. Hibs have an online database with points system but virtually all of their matches are all ticket. Loads of their "fans" will miss out, but the ones who actually contribute to an average attendance of 10,000 odd will get a ticket because they'll have accumulated enough loyalty points to get into the priority sales. The system works very well, but I'm guessing you need to make your matches all ticket throughout the season to actually get the system off the ground. You can't build up a points tally if you occasionally reach a semi-final or buy a ticket for a game against the Old Firm a few times a season. I do wholeheartedly agree that we should be able to go online and purchase tickets though. That wouldn't be all that difficult to implement, surely?

Good sales numbers so far, considering there's been no general sale yet.

Taken from Hibs.net:

When one of the teams who are faring better than most in the Premier League feel they'll struggle to shift just over 3000 tickets for a Semi-final is it any wonder the game in general is in dire straits? Should they win the tie they deserve no more than 4000 for the final, absolute diddy club

What an absolute crowd wanker :laugh:

I don't think we will struggle to sell out the Roseburn. If we managed to sell 2500 tickets over the first three days of sales before a general sale even commences, I can't see us struggling to shift the remaining 800 in that stand. If we sell those, do we immediately start selling the allocation for the main stand? A few of them seem convinced they'll be getting those tickets.

Taken from Hibs.net:

What an absolute crowd wanker :laugh:

I don't think we will struggle to sell out the Roseburn. If we managed to sell 2500 tickets over the first three days of sales before a general sale even commences, I can't see us struggling to shift the remaining 800 in that stand. If we sell those, do we immediately start selling the allocation for the main stand? A few of them seem convinced they'll be getting those tickets.

Apart from his last sentence, which confirmed him as a Dempsey & Wankpiece, he had a point. Moreso if he said 4/5k rather than 3k.

If a team sitting in 4th, gunning for 3rd, in the premier league can't shift 4k tickets for a cup semi then the game is in dire straits.

I just don't get this argument at all.  4,500 folk at a football match is 1/10th of the population of Perth.  15,000 Aberdeen fans is 1/17th of the population of Aberdeen.  15,000 Hibs fans and 15,000 Hearts fans is 1/17th of the population of Edinburgh.  

Agreed. I have no problem with the level of support Saints get, especially considering Perth and surrounds is essentially a conservative, fairly posh rural area, not exactly traditional football territory. It's more like traditional egg tossing territory, yet the local rugby club is fairly crap and poorly supported, despite their best efforts.

You win **** all in football by having the largest attendance. Who honestly cares. If 10 folk turn up good on them. It's not embarrassing and it doesn't mean our game is in direct straits either. 

The biggest anomaly is really the level of support that Inverness and your other club in Dingwall get.  Inverness is roughly the same size as Perth, and yet the area supports two teams with 3,000 - 4,000 fans.  Rather than constantly criticise clubs, the media should be looking at such facts as real good news stories.