Aberdeen v Saints 3rd Oct

The ghost of Jim Morton

Nah, it's Tam Scobbie you need to watch for!
Clark is an excellent keeper who has performed well and consistently on loan.  Were it not for the obvious class of Mannus, he'd be a more than reliable number 1 in this league.  Don't think I remember being in a position where I have no concern whatsoever about the ability of our second keeper, but it's true on this occasion.  He's also got a frightening kicking ability, as shown by our winner against United.

Should be a good game in my opinion.

Probably when Mannus was our second keeper to Enckelman?:wink:

After the shambles experienced last day of season getting in, and what manner the small band of fans were treated at New Year, unfortunately Pittodrie is head and shoulders the worst ground in the league. Total dilapidated to boot, bordering being embarrassing. I won't give the Glasgow ugly sisters or Aberdeen any of my cash. 

Oddly though, I hope Aberdeen are serious about a title challenge. This game isn't easy to predict. I hope a Saints win will not prevent em winning the league come May.

SAINTS win 1-0 and achieving our first shut out of the season. It's over due, and the defence are slowly getting their act together, and it will just be the case while Mannus is suspended that we achieve this 0 goals conceded.

How many games is he suspended for? Is it 2 games for a straight red or is that just for violent conduct? 

If it's a couple of games and Clark doesn't concede, it could force a big decision from Tommy??

Think it's just the one game.  2 or 3 for violent conduct.

we should start with the 10 players that beat united and bring on the extra 1 if needed:idea:

Are you seriously considering that Aberdeen are on a par with Utd.

It will be a tough game for both sides, I can easily see it being 0-0, but if you do have a number of injuries, we may get the goal or two required to win the game.

I'm going to go for 1-0 Aberdeen

Are you seriously considering that Aberdeen are on a par with Utd.

It will be a tough game for both sides, I can easily see it being 0-0, but if you do have a number of injuries, we may get the goal or two required to win the game.

I'm going to go for 1-0 Aberdeen

It's more a point about how well we played and how positive we were even with 10 men.

It's more a point about how well we played and how positive we were even with 10 men.

I get that, but certainly could be used to pin on the dressing room wall to iterate that you guys think you could beat us with 10 men like you did Utd.

It'll be a tough game and I might put a sneaky tenner on the 1-0 home win

As for Aberdeen not underestimating us. Remember 1990.  5 past Theo.  

Different teams, different managers and different era.

That was 25 years ago ffs and at McDiarmid Park.

It has absolutely no bearing on this Saturday's game, but glad you feel a bit better having got your best ever win against us trotted out into the forum.

Like I said, we respect the quality of St Johnstone and accept it will be a very tough game.

You have found a bit of form in recent weeks, so it will be interesting to see where the game goes.

Overall, Aberdeen has played St Johnstone 44 times, with honours pretty even over the course.

Aberdeen 36.4% wins

St Johnstone 34.1% wins

29.5% draws 

With Aberdeen scoring 43 goals and St Johnstone scoring 42.

It'll be tough, but I'm believing in a 1-0 win, possibly more if you have injuries to key men and we become more clinical

[edit]

Oops the above stats is just Premier league, give me a minute

[/edit]

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Different teams, different managers and different era.

That was 25 years ago ffs and at McDiarmid Park.

It has absolutely no bearing on this Saturday's game, but glad you feel a bit better having got your best ever win against us trotted out into the forum.

Like I said, we respect the quality of St Johnstone and accept it will be a very tough game.

You have found a bit of form in recent weeks, so it will be interesting to see where the game goes.

Overall, Aberdeen has played St Johnstone 44 times, with honours pretty even over the course.

Aberdeen 36.4% wins

St Johnstone 34.1% wins

29.5% draws 

With Aberdeen scoring 43 goals and St Johnstone scoring 42.

It'll be tough, but I'm believing in a 1-0 win, possibly more if you have injuries to key men and we become more clinical

[edit]

Oops the above stats is just Premier league, give me a minute

[/edit]

agree with GordonDrummond - that stat, even if it is just for premier league games, is incredible.  I would have expected it to be far more in aberdeen's favour.