Michael Doyle

rik2304

I've no doubt he does see this as a huge opportunity to progress his career. Simple facts are he was playing part time football last season, he was heading to Ireland on trial and every single Alloa fan asked about it suggested theres absolutely no chance he's good enough for this level. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong, but as I say, he'll likely never play and then leave in the Summer, and we'll all go back to moaning about why we sign players who'll never be good enough when we have our own youngsters who could fill the same back up rolew 

whI 

I've no doubt he does see this as a huge opportunity to progress his career. Simple facts are he was playing part time football last season, he was heading to Ireland on trial and every single Alloa fan asked about it suggested theres absolutely no chance he's good enough for this level. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong, but as I say, he'll likely never play and then leave in the Summer, and we'll all go back to moaning about why we sign players who'll never be good enough when we have our own youngsters who could fill the same back up role. 

Who are all these Alloa fans you have questioned?

Edited by jhq

• He'll leave everything on the park, a fantastic player who gives his all. A true Alloa legend and still bags of time to improve, could improve his crossing haha but you won't be disappointed with him. All the best to him! 

• Excellent signing for you guys! Lacks the end product when he's attacking but an all round great defender and guy. He's pretty fast too

• brilliant going forward bombing down the wing touch and go's but the final cross or shot isn't the best... Yes I forgot to mention an extremely nice guy! Always got time for the fans and to be honest is one of the fans! 

• He's filled in at CB for us on numerous occasions over the years (even at Championship level) so has that defensive awareness.

• He would run all day for you, and exciting going forward- he'll wear that right flank out. However, doesnt get caught out when he drifts forward all that often, as similar types of players sometimes do. Be interesting to see how he gets on at a higher level, hope he does well. He's been looking for a full time move for the past 4 years, so pretty pleased for the boy hes got one, albeit short term. Great opportunity for him.

• A club legend and a solid defender throughout our journey up the leagues. A bit limited at going forward and on initial thoughts I think the Premiership will be a league too far for him. If he focuses on being a defender and not a bombing up the wings right back then I think he might be ok. All the best to him. 

• Tbh I think that the step up might be one to far too, pacey and can defend but I think the fact he's so likable has blinkered fans views aswell. I would've thought livi would be about his level. 

• When we first come into this league I felt he struggled to adapt and maybe thought this level was a step to far for him but he improved majorly as time went on and has been pretty much solid for us for the last season and a half IMO. 

An absolute gem of a guy as well and probably a good guy to have around the changing room. All the best Doyley!! 

• Not totally convinced about Doyley in the top flight, the lack of an end product after his lung bursting runs could be an issue. He also made more defensive slips in the Championship than in the lower leagues. A tremendous worker though, strong and direct and will give everything. I hope he nails it.

• He had strong outings against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers last season and was brilliant up at Aberdeen when we played them in the League Cup a couple of years back. So on his day he can cut it against teams of that level- jury  out on whether he can do it on a regular basis, but a great opportunity for him.

^^^ These are the Alloa fans' comments from P&B (which RG is talking about). Feel free to have a read. I think it's clear to see that EVERY SINGLE Alloa fan thinks there's ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE he's good enough for this level.

I've no doubt he does see this as a huge opportunity to progress his career. Simple facts are he was playing part time football last season, he was heading to Ireland on trial and every single Alloa fan asked about it suggested theres absolutely no chance he's good enough for this level. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong, but as I say, he'll likely never play and then leave in the Summer, and we'll all go back to moaning about why we sign players who'll never be good enough when we have our own youngsters who could fill the same back up role. 

tumblr_n5mbl2FUhG1twbf3wo1_500.gif

Youre correct. Those quotes are a ringing endorsement for him

Nobody has attempted to claim that these quotes are a ringing endorsement for him. In your world, things are either 'completely phenomenal' or 'absolutely dreadful'. There's apparently no middle ground.

You said that 'every single' Alloa fan suggested that he won't cut it at this level. On closer inspection, it appears that 3/4 out of a possible 10 Alloa fans have expressed their doubts. You then went on to say that they believe he has 'absolutely no chance' of cutting it at this level. In reality, the 3/4 doubters have merely said that they think he might struggle but they wish him all the best. 

So, in summary, you're blethering absolute nonsense once again.

The video definitely makes me hope that at some point between now and end of season he at least gets 45 mins, just so he has something to savour

more in the entirely plausible situation that he's good enough to deserve it

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty