Saints v Motherwell 20/02/16

glenrothes saintee

Much like the posts it was referring to. If you aren't a grown man who acts hard among a group of little boys then there is no need to be offended by it...

It is nearly midnight on a Saturday and we are all sat on a Saints forum. Anyone sad enough to suggest another isn't a real Saints fan based on their interpretation of a tackle deserves any slight that they perceive themselves as getting. 

Did anyone suggest anyone else was not  a "real saints fan " though??    Did I miss something?   The good news is that I am not easily offended  although I sit at the old cunts end right enough.. You seem somewhat  consumed with this  old hard guys young lads issue. All I am saying is perhaps having already said your piece that maybe you might let it go.   I am not telling you you should though..:wink:

Did anyone suggest anyone else was not  a "real saints fan " though??    Did I miss something?   The good news is that I am not easily offended  although I sit at the old cunts end right enough.. You seem somewhat  consumed with this  old hard guys young lads issue. All I am saying is perhaps having already said your piece that maybe you might let it go.   I am not telling you you should though..:wink:

Yes, Dr. Jones clearly implied there were 'so-called' supporters commenting on the thread. Based on a tackle. You're right, my piece is so glaringly obvious I shouldn't need to repeat it to sensible adults, so I'll just let Dr. J's accusations speak for themselves.

Not been looking forward to highlights this much in a long time, despite all the reports as to the lack of quality of the game.

On another note, I was pleased to see a few comments from Tommy in the match programme which seemed to be a subtle (or not so subtle) criticism of the minority of supporters who were particularly abusive at Dens Park last week.

'The run that we are on at the moment is obviously something we have to address... but I feel that it's very important that everyone sticks together. The players are working extremely hard to break this run and I think that it's being forgotten in some quarters that we are still in a healthy position.. This squad of players have the quality and the belief to finish the season well and I would ask you all to give them the backing to help them to that.''

It's tough work through the winter.

Recap of our last 8 league games 4 of em were against the top 3 teams nd only a point on the board when we humped Hearts 0-0.. 2 being away from home on wet pishy evenings and 0 points. and 2 home games with 4 points, humped Accies 0-0 and beat Well.  Not glorious but the panic was starting to creep in.  Huge 3 points this weekend.

Really important and difficult run of games to the split, I think we should be looking up and leave the dog fight to others.

You quoted a post that was replying to me. Sounded very much like you were speaking about me. 

For clarification,

Scobbie = the boy, 

The tackle = bad.

^^^ not a real supporter 

folk are so touchy.  I said that before I come onto wap I wonder which player is gonna get it this time.  It wasn't aimed at you it was a generalisation but it obviously touched a nerve with you.  

Edited by Dr Christmas Jones

Yes, Dr. Jones clearly implied there were 'so-called' supporters commenting on the thread. Based on a tackle. You're right, my piece is so glaringly obvious I shouldn't need to repeat it to sensible adults, so I'll just let Dr. J's accusations speak for themselves.

Not been looking forward to highlights this much in a long time, despite all the reports as to the lack of quality of the game.

What accusations 

i said call yourself a real supporter then the 3 musketeers got all wet knickered. 

What a day. Folk will moan about how shite it was, folk were booing when we passed it around the back, folk screaming at TW about one up front being pathetic. 

**** it.

11 players went out there and fought for every ball, they worked like **** for each other and were willing to take cards to help protect the lead. Even if we'd lost thats an absolutely huge change of approach from the last few months and especially the Dens game. 

Keep that going and we shouldnt rule out 3rd.

What a day. Folk will moan about how shite it was, folk were booing when we passed it around the back, folk screaming at TW about one up front being pathetic. 

**** it.

11 players went out there and fought for every ball, they worked like **** for each other and were willing to take cards to help protect the lead. Even if we'd lost thats an absolutely huge change of approach from the last few months and especially the Dens game. 

Keep that going and we shouldnt rule out 3rd.

I don't think we received any cards after taking the lead. We went into the lead with about 1 minute remaining.

I think there's a difference between being supportive and being a little bit delusional. We can safely rule out 3rd if the quality of our performance remains the same as it was during the majority of yesterday's match. We are 9 points behind Hearts. Nonetheless, our players deserve to be commended for showing the attitude and belief to turn things around. Hopefully the confidence from this result can manifest itself in better performances.

I don't think we received any cards after taking the lead. We went into the lead with about 1 minute remaining.

I think there's a difference between being supportive and being a little bit delusional. We can safely rule out 3rd if the quality of our performance remains the same as it was during the majority of yesterday's match. We are 9 points behind Hearts. Nonetheless, our players deserve to be commended for showing the attitude and belief to turn things around. Hopefully the confidence from this result can manifest itself in better performances.

I'm trying to get rid of the RanDoom tag, leave me be.