Partick v Saints 23/2/16

RandomGuy

yes fair comment real saints, maybe im immune to everything at saints games now, ive seen, heard and probably done it too, I just think its trivial and don't understand why people get so upset about things like that.

it is part of watching fitba, always will be. that is what some fans do, some bottle it up, some release it, ill say the same things as ghostie, hundreds of us will, he just says it louder.

i

The issue I have is someone having a go at our manager for shouting back, it was well deserved. 

The issue I have is someone having a go at our manager for shouting back, it was well deserved. 

He must be getting used to it. I let him have both barrels after the Dens debacle and he just put his head down and kept walking. This is a results based industry and we fans have every right to let the team and manager know that we ain't happy.

You might feel you have the right to dish out abuse to players and management, but does it really do any good?  I doubt it.  I've said on here before I can't stand booing of your own team, but have learned to cope with it on occasions at half time or at the end of a game.  A worrying trend of booing during the game is creeping in and I find that really sad.  Strangely it doesn't seem to be the traditional McDiarmid Park moaner doing this, but the same guys who otherwise sing and are generally encouraging.  I wasn't at Firhill last night, but at Dens, most of the booing/torrents of abuse came from the "standing" section at the left hand side of the Saints support.

Ghostie'll not take things personally. He is from a different time when people didn't get offended over very little like they do now, especially vicariously. I wonder if modern life is a bit like adult body and childish mind for many, particularly some of the soft young guys who seem to speak and act more like the stereotyped view of behaviour attributed to the other gender from days gone by. Perhaps we've had it too easy these past few decades? If we had another war I wonder if we'd probably lose (badly) as many youngsters appear to have little intestinal fortitude (we can possibly observe this in some footballers)? Maybe that's our fault for being too kind?

These are all questions I have pondered. Feel free to treat them as statements, take offence and criticise if you wish.

To the boy shouting 'he's just came off ref,' because Amoo came on ten minutes after Pogba went off. That's not banter, that's racism, please shut up. Thanks.

I don't think it is racism, ill go with banter on that, doesn't bother me at all.

if it was a wee ginger coming on for a wee ginger and someone shouted the same thing nobody would say a word.

again I think people make situations worse than they really are.

You might feel you have the right to dish out abuse to players and management, but does it really do any good?  I doubt it.  I've said on here before I can't stand booing of your own team, but have learned to cope with it on occasions at half time or at the end of a game.  A worrying trend of booing during the game is creeping in and I find that really sad.  Strangely it doesn't seem to be the traditional McDiarmid Park moaner doing this, but the same guys who otherwise sing and are generally encouraging.  I wasn't at Firhill last night, but at Dens, most of the booing/torrents of abuse came from the "standing" section at the left hand side of the Saints support.

again I hate the booing, but I can handle it, I don't think fans should boo at the slightest thing but I suppose there are times when it is a given that it will happen.

as for shouting loudly, that is the norm for any fitba match.

I'm supposedly the Commander in Chief of the PC brigade on here, but isn't that quite funny, and not at all racist? Perhaps I'm missing something.

Boys, this is the 21st century, suggesting that all blacks look the same is racist. 

Where is the amusement in that comment? I'm seriously struggling to find the humour. 

never forget the great Davie Copper playing for Clydebank and he was getting pelters from fans close to him on the pitch, he just counted the goals on his fingers, which the norm for us at Clydebank was about 4 at the time, loads gave him dogs abuse for it and someone even ran to the polis, I was pishing masel laughing.

banter given back, quality.

never forget the great Davie Copper playing for Clydebank and he was getting pelters from fans close to him on the pitch, he just counted the goals on his fingers, which the norm for us at Clydebank was about 4 at the time, loads gave him dogs abuse for it and someone even ran to the polis, I was pishing masel laughing.

banter given back, quality.

cooper

Last time I was in the Carribean, we found ourselves the only white folk in a Tesco type place filled with hunners of local folk. They ripped us a new one for being white, whilst falling over themselves to be helpful, because we didn't have a scoobie how things worked there. There can be humour in being the odd one out, as long as it's good natured and with no malice. 

But I will say no more, because generally I'm on your side on this.

Ghostie'll not take things personally. He is from a different time when people didn't get offended over very little like they do now, especially vicariously. I wonder if modern life is a bit like adult body and childish mind for many, particularly some of the soft young guys who seem to speak and act more like the stereotyped view of behaviour attributed to the other gender from days gone by. Perhaps we've had it too easy these past few decades? If we had another war I wonder if we'd probably lose (badly) as many youngsters appear to have little intestinal fortitude (we can possibly observe this in some footballers)? Maybe that's our fault for being too kind?

These are all questions I have pondered. Feel free to treat them as statements, take offence and criticise if you wish.

I don't think anyone is offended here. Just a bit irritated. Personally speaking, I don't get offended very easily. In a sense, I see what you mean. Young guys generally have more of a mollycoddled upbringing than their more mature counterparts did. In another sense, I think it's a positive thing that the times are changing. 'Men should be men' can be seen as a negative motto in some circumstances.

So no, I'm not offended by your post at all. In fact, I hope it's directed at me. It would be one of the first times that someone has said I have an 'adult body'. Thanks, much appreciated.

Boys, this is the 21st century, suggesting that all blacks look the same is racist. 

Where is the amusement in that comment? I'm seriously struggling to find the humour. 

i refute the idea i made that comment your alluding to .pm your name and details so i can allow my solicitor to contact you.

i refute the idea i made that comment your alluding to .pm your name and details so i can allow my solicitor to contact you.

I never said you made the comment. Someone made the comment, it was behind me and as I said I didn't know who made it. I hope whoever said it is ashamed of themself though. 

Ghostie and everyone else who pays to follow their club have the right to shout whatever they like. 

What I just can't understand, is shouting things that are detrimental to the performance of the team you've paid to see win. 

Booing a player who's low on confidence???????

Causing chaos at set pieces by hollering instructions at players about who's free and who they should be marking???????????

Telling loan players to 'f*ck off back to Celtic' ????????

Demanding that Tommy 'get Kano on' following a defensive error (or funnier still, when we've made all our subs)???????

Jeering when players get subbed off???????????   

It gets tho the stage where people are actually looking for a player to make a mistake so they can be proven right in their verbal abuse and have another opportunity to dish it out. 

I get that people want to vent frustration/disappointment but FFS, it just add's to the problem.  

Edited by angus-saint253

Listen, the manager and players earn their money in a business that is peaks and troughs - you're on form/off form, winning/losing etc

If you take the often over zealous applause and plaudits when things are going well, then you take the often over zealous negative stuff. You deal with it, you do your best to change it

I also don't mind Tommy's reaction. As someone said, it maybe shows that he is feeling it too. I also agree that Ghostie won't take it personally

Reading this and other threads recently, Ghostie only probably said what many on here are thinking, and for me it was probably justified

At least Tommy knows how the fans are feeling. Better that than being oblivious to it.

Glad I wasn't the only one who heard this.....!!!    I'm sure SLF knows exactly what we are talking about also.  Absolutely disgraceful comment.  Should be ashamed of yourself.

no i do not know what you are talking about.pm me your real name and address and i will have my solicitor contact you.

I don't think it's fair to be accusing people of being racists over the Internet. I do not condone racism in any form and if as accused someone was racist, then I hope they get punished, but it really is unfair to be naming individuals on a public forum.

If people were that offended then surely they would have been better to complain to the Police, Stewards or the individual concerned instead of naming someone on here.

I don't think it's fair to be accusing people of being racists over the Internet. I do not condone racism in any form and if as accused someone was racist, then I hope they get punished, but it really is unfair to be naming individuals on a public forum.

If people were that offended then surely they would have been better to complain to the Police, Stewards or the individual concerned instead of naming someone on here.

Nobody's been 'named' though? Everybody's behind a username on here. I have no idea who anybody is on this forum.