Killie v Saints 9/4/16

Given our dressing room  resembles a field hospital with all the injuries, I have no idea who we will have and how we will line up and of course Macca will  not play in this either ( but that might not be a bad thing)..Midweek results could actually mean we are pretty much in the top 6 regardless of how this game goes but I would hope we can go there and  play well ( given the surface is flat and  more condusive than our tatty field to good football )  If Partick fail to take all 3 points v United plus Dundee lose to Celtic ( by a few goals would be nice) we will be almost certain to get the top 6 whatever happens. 

I wasn't gonna go but looks like I might now ...... COYS

I'd take any result here that secures top 6.

And then relax next 5 games, rest those with niggles, experiment a wee bit with others.

I'm not fussed about Europe again this year, the whole squad needs a summer off after 5 years.

I know i will get abuse for this but is what i believe.

Agree with that to an extent but every place means money & I can't stand to see us get beat.

Given our dressing room  resembles a field hospital with all the injuries, I have no idea who we will have and how we will line up and of course Macca will  not play in this either ( but that might not be a bad thing)..Midweek results could actually mean we are pretty much in the top 6 regardless of how this game goes but I would hope we can go there and  play well ( given the surface is flat and  more condusive than our tatty field to good football )  If Partick fail to take all 3 points v United plus Dundee lose to Celtic ( by a few goals would be nice) we will be almost certain to get the top 6 whatever happens. 

I wasn't gonna go but looks like I might now ...... COYS

What were you shouting at Gunning,Ghostie? Couldn't make it out but it certainly got a reaction.

I'd take any result here that secures top 6.

And then relax next 5 games, rest those with niggles, experiment a wee bit with others.

I'm not fussed about Europe again this year, the whole squad needs a summer off after 5 years.

I know i will get abuse for this but is what i believe.

To be fair though, you are right, they do need a longer break but the thing about Euro football is that it's more about the fans than the team and that's sometimes why folk will  be a bit off when you say stuff like that. The squad does look tired, we do have many players with niggling and recurring injury issues and coming back so early for the last four seasons has taken a toll.. From a selfish point of view I want Europe yet again.

Importance of this depends on Tuesday, Thistle fail to beat United and thats us in the top six. Thistle beat United and its down to what happens here. 

Need far, far more dig in the team, and much more energy. Killie under Clark are now filled with huge units and pace merchants, its just a matter of time before they start clicking, and I fear for us against that. We simply can't afford to start half fit players in midfield again, regardless of how important our manager presumes they are. Hopefully a week of rest/training lets Muzz and Swanson fully recover. 

Clark

Fisher - Shaughnessy - Scobbie - Easton

Wotherspoon - Muzz - Lappin - Craig

Swanson

Kane

Would do me I suppose. Wouldn't be adverse to seeing Scobbie drop out for Krachunov due to us knowing for a fact Scobbies not good enough to be first choice and Fisher drop out for Doyle seeing as its all but confirmed he won't be here next year.

What is wrong with you? 

Pardon?

Fishers confirmed he'll be returning to Celtic for pre-season and we're making moves for a right back, he's not returning. If/when Thistle don't win on Tuesday thats us guaranteed top six. Be aswell seeing if theres any point in Doyle.

Pardon?

Fishers confirmed he'll be returning to Celtic for pre-season and we're making moves for a right back, he's not returning. If/when Thistle don't win on Tuesday thats us guaranteed top six. Be aswell seeing if theres any point in Doyle.

If Rangers beat Celtic on the 17th we can start experimenting, until then it's our strongest team, and Darnell Fisher looked the part from the turn of the year and by all accounts continues to do so. 

While I appreciate the reverse curse you seem to put on Saints, your negativity recently has increased markedly. If this is all a ploy so that we win our last six games then thank you. 

Never thought I'd read secure top 6 and then relax for rest of season.  Rocket up some of their arses is what's needed.

Has it all been deliberate. Lose early goals and drop points so we don't get 4th... now that's one he'll of a theory.  The press will be all over Motherwell getting passports ready.... why the feck is it not us... We've been there or there abouts all season!  To not finish 4th would be failure in my eyes as we've thrown it away... we had been chasing 3rd not that long ago!

If they are professional, which they are, 4th place is the goal.  We must beat Killie anything else would send shivers down my back as that would have been playing the bottom 2 back to back and no win.

In my mind we are already and always been top6 this season, we will not be overcome.  Need to get some consistency but obvious with the injuries that will not happen in the remaining games.  Hot and cold is our run in... hope we get some luck....  Motherwell are so lucky at the minute, we need that to end asap if we are to reclaim 4th... can seeing it going to last game of the season yet again....  we do have cup finals ahead and to think some fans are happy to miss out on 4th / Europe spot is staggering... you'd be as well not turning up with your negativity and 'it does nae matter to me attitude'

Let's hope we don't have a lack lustre performance v Killie, although some would appear to be content with a relaxed performance and settle for 6th.  We can make history, every fan should be supporting this thought..

Deary me... sigh.

Im not saying relax. Im saying we're needing major surgery in the Summer and we need to see whos capable and whos not, getting the correct squad for next season is more important than finishing fourth this season, as this Summer could define our level for the next few years.

Never thought I'd read secure top 6 and then relax for rest of season.  Rocket up some of their arses is what's needed.

Has it all been deliberate. Lose early goals and drop points so we don't get 4th... now that's one he'll of a theory.  The press will be all over Motherwell getting passports ready.... why the feck is it not us... We've been there or there abouts all season!  To not finish 4th would be failure in my eyes as we've thrown it away... we had been chasing 3rd not that long ago!

If they are professional, which they are, 4th place is the goal.  We must beat Killie anything else would send shivers down my back as that would have been playing the bottom 2 back to back and no win.

In my mind we are already and always been top6 this season, we will not be overcome.  Need to get some consistency but obvious with the injuries that will not happen in the remaining games.  Hot and cold is our run in... hope we get some luck....  Motherwell are so lucky at the minute, we need that to end asap if we are to reclaim 4th... can seeing it going to last game of the season yet again....  we do have cup finals ahead and to think some fans are happy to miss out on 4th / Europe spot is staggering... you'd be as well not turning up with your negativity and 'it does nae matter to me attitude'

Let's hope we don't have a lack lustre performance v Killie, although some would appear to be content with a relaxed performance and settle for 6th.  We can make history, every fan should be supporting this thought..

Deary me... sigh.

Couldn't agree more.  Don't understand this not wanting Europe rubbish.  Who's to say it won't be 20-plus years before we get in again if we miss out this year?

If playing in Europe has contributed to our injuries,lack of form and lack of energy this season then I probably wouldn't mind missing out tbh.

Especially since we don't even really benefit financially.

Next season is looking like it will be a very tough one. Having a solid and settled pre-season might be a good idea.

I see a lot of talk of Europe but I don't really understand.

Is 3rd the only way to get in or does 4th get it if Celtic win the cup? Could do with some clarification.

If Celtic win the league and win the cup 4th gets into Europe. If you are of the opinion that you'd rather Saints didn't get Europe you can still wish for them to get 4th and support anyone playing Celtic in the cup which has it's own downside if you apply this to all rounds but not supporting Celtic in the final if they get there will have its own rewards.