Brechin v Saints LC Sections 26/7/16

Yeh I don't think we should make too many changes for the sake of it tonight, winning all 4 games and getting seeded is quite important if we want to avoid a tougher opponent in the round of 16.

far prefer Joe at centre back than RB, and would be ideal for him and Ando getting as much time playing as a partnership before the season starts. Would be happy to see Brad played at RB, as his passing looks decent and he would maybe offer more going forward than Joe.  Having said that, Scobbie did well on Saturday and I expect Tommy to keep the back 4 the same.

Glebe Park is usually a difficult place to play, expect it'll be quite competitive, looking forward to heading along.

have to say I like this new format, if we get thru the group stages it's only a couple of weeks til the knockout begins, and it's a game a month until the final in November.  Far better than the previous couple of years where you wait 3 months to play the semi-final. It also keeps the two major cup competitions completely separate.

if this was the format last season, then there's a pretty good chance we'd have won it!

Brechin City twitter account has posted revised admission prices for the match .....prices now Adult £10, Concession £5,... https://t.co/ChoUVFqDuo

Prices as before £12 for adults £6 for bairns according to the steward saints wouldn't let Brechin change the prices lucky the guy on the turnstiles was to busy to workout how much it would be for me and the young lad and just charged me an adult price and let the boy in for nothing 

'New format has created a bit of interest'

St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright

Posted at 19:29

We’ve tried to embrace it. I don’t think it’s perfect. I do think at this stage of the season more subs could be allowed, that could be increased to five. I think that’s one thing that could be looked at, but other than that I think it’s been good. It’s created a bit of interest, got a bit of profile for the Scottish game when there’s not much football going on.