Car Park

akuram

Our home support seems to get less with every game and a lot of this in my opinion must come from the ever increasing problems with getting out of the car park at the end of the game.

Everything for me was no problem until the Police stopped us using the exit across the slip road. I could be away up the A9 within a couple of minutes guaranteed.

Now it's getting that if the game is decided either way then you see cars leaving with minutes to go.

On a Hearts site they are complaining some took about an hour to get out last night.

People just won't put up with that and just won't attend.

Why are the Police not controlling traffic at every game?

This is the second year I have not used the car park due to time it was taking to get out of the ground.

I now park in the locale of the park and can return to car and be away within 10-15 minutes of end of match.

I like akuram used ot park at the ground and use the exit across slip road to get away until The Polis decided to stop manning it.

olice not controlling traffic is a Police Scotland decision - they could not even put an officer on duty on Saturday at the lights Crieff Road Tesco when they were not working but just left it as a free for all.

We were around 45 minutes last night.  If you are disabled or elderly there is no other option, but for young people I woudl suggest just parking around Tulloch or Letham or indeed Tesco, far quicker.  I don't work on a Saturday night, so I could wait hours as long as I was able to see my beloved Saints, granted some travel across Scotland, if the case, potentially easier parking elsewhere even in Perth and getting the bus?  The club do good offers on public transport at the moment. 

Last night was particularly bad due in part I think to Xmas shopping and pedestrians that despite having a lane for walking on constantly walk up the same lanes as cars. We left right at the end of the match and joined the queue to exit about 3/4 of way down the hill. Cars were hardly moving then they open the pedestrian lane and start letting more out on that lane than the original lane. 

Cop on the exit was having a mare as he couldn' release cars as there was no place for them to go it was gridlocked. 

The one thing folk forget is that saints are unique in having a single complex with parking etc all on site. Hopefully the new road will help or police Scotland get their finger out and get it sorted.

This has become an absolute joke. I arrived at 2.25 to be told the car park was full having endured 20 mins in traffic from the wee roundabout. It's high time the club took some ownership here. This whole area has become a nightmare for fans driving.

Crieff road is a nightmare with all the sets of traffic lights with tailbacks down to college at times. The new lights up near Dobbies  are an added hold up & I am not sure what they are for.

Back to the car park . The cars coming out of the car park at town end are directed down town with quite a few of them doing a 3 point turn to go back the other way.

I appreciate that the elderly and infirm rely on the car park, along with visiting fans and latecomers. Otherwise, why use it? I park in Tesco car park for free, and my drive home is to Inverness. I often find myself on the Pitlochry bypass by 5.30. It sounds like some of you weren't even out on to Crieff road at that time yesterday. Extra traffic for the time of year obviously played a part.

Anyway, big day tomorrow so I'm off to bed. Merry Christmas to you all, have a great day. See you in Dingwall, and here's to a big end to the year and a winning 2018.

Saturday was the worst for me. Once I escaped the car park (35 mins gridlocked) heading to town on Crieff Rd, circa 5.30.. the lights at the Tulloch were stuck on red. 2 coppers standing gassing at the convenience store doing nothing about it. A few minutes later a copper walks past me from the stadium and starts telling us to go.   Odd why employ coppers to get you out the car park yet don't turn off the Tulloch lights and hand signal it.   The club are paying for this shambles created by the coppers!  I' be holding back their wages or seeking assurances they improve their performance.

Edited by Dave H

As I said at the start this is affecting attendances and costing the club money.

Are they trying to do something about it?

I am seriously concerned about this as it's making life very difficult for people who for one reason or another have to park at the ground. They just stop coming.

Also Tesco and Dobbies will not want their car park full of football cars and start giving out parking fines.

Guest ScottMann

Pyeongchang

Knock down the Ormond and convert the car park into a ski slope. We'd make a fortune from the Hooray Henry's topping up before they headed off abroad for their winter breaks. The Muirton Suite could host the apres ski on non match days. No problem.

Edited by ScottMann