Player contracts and transfers

David123

Talented player, but I'd imagine he'd be at the top of our wage structure. I'm still too short-sighted to see how both he and McLean fit into an attacking picture, and too conservative to gloss over his minor injuries, which have already kept him out of a few games. Add to that the fact that we have O'Halloran, Kane and potentially Graham to fit in there.

I like McFadden, but the romantic in me - and the one seeking best value - would choose McLean over him. And I'd concentrate on getting a good young right back who could challenge Mackay for that spot. Our back four is creaking.

Yes but I reckon they could go on "creaking" for a while yet. Certainly hope so.

Certainly hope so but MacKay and Wright are at the twilight of their careers and Ando is only just about to hit 30 so the defence is certainly going to need an addition soon.

I think this is the end of Wright, tbh, but then again we have Scobbie to replace him. Andersons still got four or five years left, while Mackay could extend his by a year or two by moving inside, in which case Miller would probably be good enough to come in at right back.

I agree we need at least on defender in for next year, but its not desperately required that they're instantly good enough, a Mark Durnan figure would be nice

Gary Miller will be moved on if TW wants to bring anyone else in,,,,we have plenty of cover in defence with scobbie coming back both him and ando can play right back,cuptie will be here for a while yet,not so sure about wright though as these injections take their toll if overdone,may get one more season out of him.

I think this is the end of Wright, tbh, but then again we have Scobbie to replace him. Andersons still got four or five years left, while Mackay could extend his by a year or two by moving inside, in which case Miller would probably be good enough to come in at right back.

I agree we need at least on defender in for next year, but its not desperately required that they're instantly good enough, a Mark Durnan figure would be nice

gary Miller is awful

Gary Miller will be moved on if TW wants to bring anyone else in,,,,we have plenty of cover in defence with scobbie coming back both him and ando can play right back,cuptie will be here for a while yet,not so sure about wright though as these injections take their toll if overdone,may get one more season out of him.

So you think we can go through a whole season with 5 defenders 2 of whom are reaching the end of their careers.

Wright has just turned 35 & Mackay will be 35 by the start of next season, neither can be expected to keep producing the goods week in , week out at this level and replacements will be needed soon.

Totally agree.

Though I've thought for a couple of years that this should/could be Fraz' last year and he just keeps doing the business.

Guess time will tell but it would definitely be wise to start looking longer term.

Gary Miller has played some excellent games for us. A valuable squad player IMO. We dont really have another reliable RB should MacKay be injured or suspended. To let him go would leave us with no cover for a key position surely?

We have Wright, Ando, Scobbie and MacKay (and Miller as a last resort) who can play CH and BEaston, Scobbie and (at a push) MacKay who can play LB.

Ando is awful at RB. We need to keep Miller.

Edited by montrosesaintee