Player contracts and transfers

David123

With Faddy starting to look like a footballer again will his stock be rising enough to be prised away by a "bigger" club when the mutually agreed period of adulation ends in January or will we be able to hang on to him. Finances and infrastructure permitting of course.

He's officially on a contract until the end of the season. Unless he loses his place in the side, I can't see him being released/asking to leave. We need his creativity and he needs the regular football after such a nightmare over the last 4 or 5 years with injuries. It was a gamble which has paid off so far. Hopefully he can keep up the level he's playing at just now.

My understanding was that either could terminate contract in January if they wished.

I'd imagine there would be clauses that determined the reasons for which the contract could be ended early - probably relating to number of games played.

A contact that is freely revocable by either side before its expiry isn't a contract.

From memory,  Tommy discussed on one of the youTube videos and said both parties would review the situtation in the January transfer window, but James McFadden is contracted with saints until end of season.

If he wasn't getting a game, James could request to leave and vice-versa if saints weren't happy with his contribution the contract could be terminated.

Managers message.

November has been a really good month for the team and we capped it off by winning our Scottish Cup tie against Ross County on Saturday.

Like a lot of the cup ties at the weekend, it was an exciting game and certainly, in the second half, it was end to end stuff.

Throughout the 90 minutes we had to produce all the qualities required to win a football match. We played extremely good football in the first half and in periods in the second half dug deep and defended really well. In my opinion the margin of victory should have been greater but the main thing is that we are in the next round of the cup.

We are now back to concentrating on the league for a while and we must continue this run of good results at St Mirren on Saturday.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your support

Tommy Wright

• 4 weeks later...

Delighted with that, hopefully we push on and get the core of the squad signed up for next season earlier than last season, so we can concentrate on who we can get to improve us.

Hopefully Graham gets an offer aswell.

Don`t want cheats in our team do we ?.