Player contracts and transfers

David123

If he left of his own choice and Hearts offered him a contract then I take it we paid a development fee for him?

I'm not 100% sure on that, I just took it from his tweet where he wrote about feeling he needed a new challenge that it was at least partly his decision, I could have misinterpreted it though.

His situations similars to McKays, I think. Hearts are pretty good to youngsters in that theyll talk to the players first, and if they player says they'll want to leave then Hearts won't offer anything so the compensations waived.

I think.

That's the impression I got too, great way to treat youngsters. Fair enough seeking compensation if you see first team opportunities for players in the near future but letting them develop elsewhere, if indeed that is the case, is a great attitude to take.

That's the impression I got too, great way to treat youngsters. Fair enough seeking compensation if you see first team opportunities for players in the near future but letting them develop elsewhere, if indeed that is the case, is a great attitude to take.

Is that not pretty much what Saints do as well?

Wiki/non official Facebook post suggesting Saints have signed Paul Heatley, winger from Crusaders (126 games/59 goals) and current NI football writers player of the year. Can't find anything official though.

Aye , see he has got the number 17 jersey too .