Player contracts and transfers

David123

I can't see us getting Rooney to be honest. He'd be an excellent signing for a club like Saints, but feel he'll command too high a wage for us.

supposedly we're willing to pay half his 5k wage he got at Swindon according to the Agent Scotland twitter but I can't see us shelling out 2.5k in wages on one player. He does mention us paying Craig Beattie slightly more than 2.5k last season though

supposedly we're willing to pay half his 5k wage he got at Swindon according to the Agent Scotland twitter but I can't see us shelling out 2.5k in wages on one player. He does mention us paying Craig Beattie slightly more than 2.5k last season though

That's not true regarding Beattie, or certainly not his basic pay. These agent Scotland twitter accounts tend to be a lot of shite, so I think a rather large pinch of salt is required

That's not true regarding Beattie, or certainly not his basic pay. These agent Scotland twitter accounts tend to be a lot of shite, so I think a rather large pinch of salt is required

maybe, but this one seems a lot more reliable than the usual pish like indykaila

fergiefootball, on 09 Jul 2013 - 09:34, said:

Im not being critical of them but at best theyre hardworking ,journeyman midfielders,theyre not creative players.Need some1 with abit of vision .

You can hardly lay the overused term "journeyman" on Millar and Robertson. But I do think we probably need someone a bit different in the middle (granted I haven't seem what McDonald has to offer)

fergiefootball, on 09 Jul 2013 - 11:40, said:

Yeh me2 at least you,d be guaranteed goals and that is what we are after.

Yes, I'm sure that was what Rangers thought...that ship has sailed and I'd rather it didn't dock again.

I reckon very few folk on this forum have an accurate grasp on what players are paid at Saints.  I work in a small office, and I have no idea what the guy next to me gets paid.  I reckon it's the same at football clubs - as soon as wages are public then every player starts to demand more, and either moral or effort will suffer.  If the players don't know what each other are on in detail, then how on earth does some random on twitter know.  

I reckon very few folk on this forum have an accurate grasp on what players are paid at Saints. I work in a small office, and I have no idea what the guy next to me gets paid. I reckon it's the same at football clubs - as soon as wages are public then every player starts to demand more, and either moral or effort will suffer. If the players don't know what each other are on in detail, then how on earth does some random on twitter know.

obviously we don't know exactly what they are all paid but from guesswork, team stature and player ability you can atleast work out roughly what it would be around about. You don't know exactly what the guy next to you is paid but I'd assume you'd have a good idea based on what you earn in comparison to what job he has?

I reckon very few folk on this forum have an accurate grasp on what players are paid at Saints.  I work in a small office, and I have no idea what the guy next to me gets paid.  I reckon it's the same at football clubs - as soon as wages are public then every player starts to demand more, and either moral or effort will suffer.  If the players don't know what each other are on in detail, then how on earth does some random on twitter know.  

Do you reckon that Saints would pay £2500 a week basic salary, even on a player that I'm sure we would have thought would be one of our star players? Considering we have under 2000 season ticket holder and 1500 or so through the gates everycouple of weeks? Even allowing for off field revenue, I highly doubt we'd be in a position to pay such high wages. No one will know the nitty gritty of what people are on, but I think we can make general guestimations. I wouldn't have thought we'd pay as much as £2500 a week on anyone.

The Agent Scotland account is a load of shite. Rooneys wanting £2.5k minimum, we can't pay that amount and we wouldn't even if we could

Sandaza will never play for St Johnstone again

Fallon is just one of a long list of strikers we're planning on watching. Bowerman and Lowry have been told they won't be offered anything while Loy continues to train

Do you reckon that Saints would pay £2500 a week basic salary, even on a player that I'm sure we would have thought would be one of our star players? Considering we have under 2000 season ticket holder and 1500 or so through the gates everycouple of weeks? Even allowing for off field revenue, I highly doubt we'd be in a position to pay such high wages. No one will know the nitty gritty of what people are on, but I think we can make general guestimations. I wouldn't have thought we'd pay as much as £2500 a week on anyone.

Personally I don't think Saints would pay anyone that kind of money, but I don't KNOW so I won't assume.  Because of court cases against players like Sandaza, we have a good idea of what he was on, and that leads me to think that paying £2500 a week is a number that the board wouldn't even consider, but again, I don't KNOW that.

What I think is also important, and not mentioned above to the best of my knowledge, is that players re-signing (and that is a large percentage of the squad) will have had a strong case to ask for a pay rise due to the achievements of last season, so I don't think the reduction is squad size will have freed up a lot of money for new salaries.

He must have been better than the likes of Lowry and bowerman to be offered a contract

Maybe its about time some of these young players were breathing down the necks of our established players and not just getting used as bench warmers

I think this will begin to happen as the youth policy takes shape.

He's beig rubbished because he's rubbish. Check his goalscoring record over his entire career.

2000/2002 - Barnsley (League 1) - 22 Games : 0 Goals

2002/2004 - Barnsley (League Two) - 68 Games : 18 Goals

2004/2006 - Swindon (League One) - 94 Games : 24 Goals

2006/2007 - Swansea (League One) - 43 Games : 9 Goals

2007/2010 - Plymouth (Championship) - 119 Games : 19 Goals

2010/2011 - Plymouth (League One) - 37 Games : 5 Goals

2011/2012 - Yeovil (League One)/ Aberdeen (SPL) - 34 Games : 7 Goals

2012/2013 - Aberdeen (SPL) - 17 Games : 2 Goals

So in total.... 434 Games : 85 Goals

He seems very enthusiastic, and was signed after a few experienced players were "released without charge" after trials.

Coming through youth ranks at Rangers and Motherwell won't have done him any harm either.

The leg break against Caley, was that first team or youth? Can't say I recognise the name.

Welcome aboard young man, it's a good time to be a Saint.

He seems very enthusiastic, and was signed after a few experienced players were "released without charge" after trials.

Coming through youth ranks at Rangers and Motherwell won't have done him any harm either.

The leg break against Caley, was that first team or youth? Can't say I recognise the name.

Welcome aboard young man, it's a good time to be a Saint.

Have to imagine it was at Youth Level

Just checked the Motherwell site and he's listed in their Under-17 squad

Edited by RandomGuy