Dundee V St.Johnstone - League Cup quarter final

SaintJet

6 minutes ago, slf said:

That rat griffiths kicking a flare into the crowd should be disciplined.

He should know better.

He ran all the way from the centre circle to kick it into the stand. Could have caused serious injury & probably should have been arrested.

Mind you the moron that threw the flairs should have been arrested as well.

In spells we were second best . Dundee passed the ball better than us & Anderson has a great future ahead. Zander made ,3 great saves & McMullen missed a sitter.

Mikey & May made a difference.Middletonn & Kane didn't work well together & high balls to them just stupid.

Bottom line is we scored 2 they voted none.

Hampden here we come.

Thought we were pretty lucky last night, particularly in the first half. A better side would have taken at least one of the chances.

Ambrose played well, although I must admit I get a bit of the 'fear' whenever someone gives him the ball and I keep expecting an Efe moment.

Suprised we didn't see Eetu, seems Callum is doing the same as he did with Guy.

Cracking finish from Crawford to make sure. Once we had the opener, I didn't see Dundee getting back into it.

Quite similar to the Aberdeen game really, in that we really struggled for a lot of the game, but weathered the storm and went on to win it. To me that shows that the huge amount of character we displayed last season is very much still there.

Have to admit it's crossed my mind of late that the football we're playing this season is nowhere near as good to watch as it was when we hit our stride last season - but hey, I'll take winning games over nice football any day of the week. And I think these results will breed confidence which should lead to better all-round performances.

For me Crawford has been looking better each time he's played, and he really seems to be bringing some new qualities to our midfield that we didn't previously have. There's a much stronger link between our midfield and attack when he plays, and some of his long-range passing is really impressive. At this stage I think he's looking like a cracking signing.

Shout out for MOH too who I thought put in a great shift at RWB when he came on.

Middleton does seem to have gone off the boil slightly and personally I'd be looking to rest him for the Hibs game and use him as an impact sub (which we know he does very well). It's not as if we don't have options up front.

I thought we looked pretty solid early and we should have turned our possession into a goal. Dundee huffed and puffed but we weren't troubled all that much. At the start of the second half I thought we were going to be under real pressure after Dundee started to pick up the pace but apart from an early free kick which Zander double saved from Griffiths and Mullin they were a bit anemic. Once we scored that was it and we should have scored more than two.

Thought Booth was brilliant, Spoony and Crawford looked inpressive and Efe looks a real pick up. Zander again proved he is International quality.

Flare gate taking over the Dundee thread on P&B with Random fanning the flames.

I can understand Griffiths kicking the flare back into the stand if it had landed near him but to run 50 yards to kick the flare into s crowded stand beggers believe & confirms the guy has problems.

He could always say he was trying to kick it off the pitch but like his shot a wee bit earlier when it went into stand.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I can understand Griffiths kicking the flare back into the stand if it had landed near him but to run 50 yards to kick the flare into s crowded stand beggers believe & confirms the guy has problems.

He could always say he was trying to kick it off the pitch but like his shot a wee bit earlier when it went into stand.

The poor little lambs seem very upset that Rooney was blowing them kisses.

46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Last sentence is Dundee official statement. Well almost. Predictible.

We could easily have lost that game if Dundee were better in the final third but we soaked up the pressure and went on to win it at a canter in the end.Don`t think Middleton and Kane worked either and would far rather have May or perish the thought even try Vertainen alongside Kane,he looks like he knows how to score.Glen always seems a better impact sub than a starter.

Gotta love Rooney though.What an absolute cup talisman and wido.Loved his interview after the game!!