Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

2 back up players to replace 2 back up players. Crawford for Crawford. Shifty , unknown quantity.

So all of a sudden that's going to turn out form around.

I know there is still 2 or 3 weeks til end of window but only 1 week to first game.

Have to say I am a bit worried.

Cleary will not be a backup player. 

On 1/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, bankfoot saint said:

On 1/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

Sam Cosgrove on loan anyone?

Went to Brum and failed to net in 12 appearances.

Currently loaned to the Shrews, but on the bench today. 

Apparently Dundee failed in a transfer inquiry for him.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, bankfoot saint said:

Am assuming as he’s played for two clubs already this season means he can’t play for a third 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

He’s been past it for a while. Was amazed he got a new contract. Great player in his day but suspect the boots have been hung up more or less now. 

You are right about hanging up his boots but I would have been happy for him to stand on 18 yard line all game as he is probably the most lethal finisher I have seen in ages.

There is no way he would have come to Saints anyway as he would probably make more on one pundit appearance than he would make in a week at Saints.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Jody was hardly getting a kick in England when he came, being well past his use by date down there. He was solid for 4 years, an artist.

Bit of an age difference between them. I wouldn’t take Defoe. We play down the flanks and launch high balls into the box. The last thing we need is a 5ft 6” geriatric striker 

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Jody was hardly getting a kick in England when he came, being well past his use by date down there. He was solid for 4 years, an artist.

For reference by the way, Jody NOW is only 43. So when he joined us, he was 29, far from finished. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

1 minute ago, Saintdunc said:

He was not getting much game time at all until he came up to Perth. He was close to being finished at Millwall. 

Aye. But there’s a massive difference between things not working out at a club and being finished as a player due to age. 

Defoe’s legs have gone. He’s no pace and isn’t mobile any more.

Morris still had his full range of skills, and we’d never have been able to sign him if it hadn’t been for his links with Del plus his bad reputation down south. 

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hibs open to offers. Looks like they want  money to get rid of their crock.

He had a dislocated kneecap which is the main injury that he ahs had from what i can see. If we are calling him a crck what do you call Murray, who has had more injuries in his career than hot dinners.