Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today is his last chance for me.

Has to be positive changes made to the starting lineup, I'm sure he's said it himself this week in the press but to be honest I've stopped reading St Johnstone news for the first time in 35 years, so couldn't be sure. That's how bad things are.

Different players in the hope of a different attitude is at least a first step.

More of the same and I'm afraid that all but confirms he's no good at his job.

35 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Today is his last chance for me.

Has to be positive changes made to the starting lineup, I'm sure he's said it himself this week in the press but to be honest I've stopped reading St Johnstone news for the first time in 35 years, so couldn't be sure. That's how bad things are.

Different players in the hope of a different attitude is at least a first step.

More of the same and I'm afraid that all but confirms he's no good at his job.

The press is pointless at the moment. Full on defense of Davidson at every turn with everyone else, including the fans, being criticised.

I think he deserves to go just from his interview: ‘St. Johnstone have no divine right to remain in this league’.

Note, not ‘we’ but ‘St. Johnstone’. Distancing himself from the poor season & basically saying ‘we’re a small club, and we’re lucky we’re here”. Putting down the club to make his poor performance look better.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I think he deserves to go just from his interview: ‘St. Johnstone have no divine right to remain in this league’.

Note, not ‘we’ but ‘St. Johnstone’. Distancing himself from the poor season & basically saying ‘we’re a small club, and we’re lucky we’re here”. Putting down the club to make his poor performance look better.

That's Billy ****ing starkesque right there.

3 hours ago, Linky said:

Sounds like the white flag is rising and the towel is heading into the ring. Hopefully by Monday. Dire!

4 hours ago, Linky said:

The guy is a Saints legend but coming oot with shite like that put him way doon my Christmas card list .Hope he’s not here then don’t think my auld ticker can put up with another season as negative as this . 

2 hours ago, akuram said:

Calum has to go at the end of the season even if we somehow stay up.

I just don't understand the logic of waiting. Why not remove him now while there is still some dwindling possibility of saving ourselves?

If we end up going down and sacking him afterwards I'm going to be pretty bloody annoyed that the decision wasn't made at a point when there was still a chance of staying up.

Just now, blueheaven said:

I just don't understand the logic of waiting. Why not remove him now while there is still some dwindling possibility of saving ourselves?

If we end up going down and sacking him afterwards I'm going to be pretty bloody annoyed that the decision wasn't made at a point when there was still a chance of staying up.

After his comments today he has to go now. Just not acceptable to keep him in the job after that. A squad of 50 players, which he didn't rotate when we were in Europe and the flaws are all down to him. It is getting beyond madness. 

Does anyone think the board might be quietly hoping the little club gets relegated with a massive clean out and wages saved and we just bring in lower division journeyman with n the cheap?

Im sure I’m wrong but nothing has changed yet there hasn’t even be the dreaded CD has the support of the board press release 

20 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Does anyone think the board might be quietly hoping the little club gets relegated with a massive clean out and wages saved and we just bring in lower division journeyman with n the cheap?

Im sure I’m wrong but nothing has changed yet there hasn’t even be the dreaded CD has the support of the board press release 

Its the apathy that shouts out , they don't give a feck. Do we have a board ?. Is it not just the sparky and the roofer.

I am so confused. You mean to say that this isn’t the instruction from Callum? Well why have we been doing it all season then?!?!??

Countless times this entire season we have had opportunities to make a forward pass but choose to go back to the centre half or to the goalkeeper. Either Callum is lying and this is indeed his instruction or, his players don’t listen to him and haven’t been able to carry out his instructions even after 36 games. Either way, sack him!!!

Baffling stuff!!

2E82FB04-5FAA-4720-B2DF-F8977F32A385.jpeg

19 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I am so confused. You mean to say that this isn’t the instruction from Callum? Well why have we been doing it all season then?!?!??

Countless times this entire season we have had opportunities to make a forward pass but choose to go back to the centre half or to the goalkeeper. Either Callum is lying and this is indeed his instruction or, his players don’t listen to him and haven’t been able to carry out his instructions even after 36 games. Either way, sack him!!!

Baffling stuff!!

He always blames something else or someone else.

41 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Baffling stuff!!

Every game he blames the players when it's his instructions and tactics that are to blame.

After the game at Dundee when we could have gone on to win if we kept attacking he was on the touchline furiously waving and shouting for them to get back. Go on and win that game then we could have gone on to catch St Mirren but his negativity has been the problem all season.

10 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Total agreement with this, and been thinking it for weeks, the perfect time for him to go is as soon as possible as far as I’m concerned.

I can see no benefit in waiting or giving him til end of season.

On the Dogger Saints podcast last week, everyone that came on was asked, who would you replace him with, that to me isn’t the issue, anyone would be my answer, I genuinely believe we ve a better chance in the playoff with no manager.

We ve some decent players still, I d take my chances against Arbroath or Inverness with Liam or whoever in charge in any attacking formation.

I feel Callum backs himself into a corner with certain players, I don’t see him starting Mahon or Bair in the last game, even if becomes meaningless , he starts Bair and Bair plays well and scores a couple, it makes Callum not playing him look silly, I don’t see him letting it happen.

My biggest concern is it appears our club see him as manager next year whatever happens.