Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What a hard  kneck he had walking round when the players were taking the applause.

He was actually out thanking the fans. 

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What a hard  kneck he had walking round when the players were taking the applause.

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What a lot of shite if he had not acknowledged the fans you would have been first on here criticising him.

It makes you wonder if you are actually sad that they won as it would have given u an excise to moan. 

I’m prepared to give Callum a go and see does he learn from the last two seasons

im really worrried though that we have gained a lot of dross and lost McCann Kerr  Rooney McCart Clark Hendry so next season feels even more difficult than last . Killie will be stronger than Dundee , relying on St Mirren to be shit !

best scenario some English club come in for Callum leading to compensation and a chance to try and uncover another young manager …. but surely his stock has plummeted….

Edited by belfastsaintee

20 minutes ago, mainstand said:

What a lot of shite if he had not acknowledged the fans you would have been first on here criticising him.

It makes you wonder if you are actually sad that they won as it would have given u an excise to moan. 

No I wouldn't have criticized him if he hadn't come. I would have enjoyed the players celebrations better.

I am over the moon they won but will not be happy til Davidson is gone. Can't look forward to the same pish next season.

40 minutes ago, mainstand said:

He doesn’t need excuses. He has them written before the game then just uses the ones to suit. 

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

No I wouldn't have criticized him if he hadn't come. I would have enjoyed the players celebrations better.

I am over the moon they won but will not be happy til Davidson is gone. Can't look forward to the same pish next season.

Well using a good old football saying GIRFUY cause I think you will find that he is going nowhere.  

We have survived a season which saw our 2 top players leave. 7 players operated on since christmas, A covid  shut down, a number of new players coming in and turned round a losing relegation position at xmas into one where we have stayed up. 

Not a great season but an all right end and a chance for Callum to try and get it right between now and xmas. 

of and the reception he got tonight from the fans I think you are in the minority.

7 hours ago, mainstand said:

I think you are in the minority

I too the must be in the minority. He should go his tactics are too rigid and easy to play against, he is too negative playing not to loses or trying to hold onto a lead which we eventually lose .His business in the transfer market and resigning players has be awful.

Winning a play off game against a Championship team does not change where he put HIS team this season. Like players managers are only as good as their last season. What does this seasons report card about Davidson?

7 hours ago, mainstand said:

Well using a good old football saying GIRFUY cause I think you will find that he is going nowhere.  

We have survived a season which saw our 2 top players leave. 7 players operated on since christmas, A covid  shut down, a number of new players coming in and turned round a losing relegation position at xmas into one where we have stayed up. 

Not a great season but an all right end and a chance for Callum to try and get it right between now and xmas. 

of and the reception he got tonight from the fans I think you are in the minority.

I think most of the fans were showing their appreciation to the players tbh! 

CD is clearly going to be in post next season. I’m voting with my wallet and not renewing my season ticket because I don’t think he’s the guy to take us forward. 

Can’t remember seeing a 90 minute performance this season from the team post McCann / Kerr and we’re likely about to lose a guy that’s become our talisman in Rooney and the guy that got the goals to keep us up. 

Plus we need a first choice keeper.

Davidson has been backed with money. Whether Grieve’s apparent Moneyball approach works and these young guys develop into stars may yet play a huge part in what happens going forward. 

positives? We got through that playoff without a recognised LWB. Cleary and Mahon look the part. If we can keep Hallberg fit, he’ll continue to be a big player and every single one of our players that survived this season should be stronger  mentally as a result of going through that. 

We have a lot of guys to replace though. That has me very concerned. 

Deliberately stayed off here last night as I didn’t want to end up depressed with all the negativity and nonsense that I knew would be spouted. That was my first live, in the flesh game for 2 seasons due to COVID and severe health problems and I got home feeling better than I have done in a long while. I thought CD going round applauding the fans on his own, away from the players, was a touch of class and all the players showed their hatred of the man by every one of them giving him massive hugs.

44 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I too the must be in the minority. He should go his tactics are too rigid and easy to play against, he is too negative playing not to loses or trying to hold onto a lead which we eventually lose .His business in the transfer market and resigning players has be awful.

Winning a play off game against a Championship team does not change where he put HIS team this season. Like players managers are only as good as their last season. What does this seasons report card about Davidson?

You can add me to the minority too because I'm terrified of what lies in store for us next season if we don't make serious changes. We won't have Dundee to save us next time, and I'm expecting McInnes to have Killie challenging for the Top 6. 

Massively relieved we've stayed up and last night's second half was the most I've enjoyed watching Saints play in quite some time, but my worry is Davidson will see it as vindication of his tactics and decisions, and will set up for next season in exactly the same way as he did this season. And if we're not going to have Hendry, Clark or Rooney, the job is going to be doubly difficult.

I think the board should thank Davidson for keeping us up, give him a pay off, and start planning a new direction for next season. If last night was his last game it would allow him to leave on a relative high and move on with everyone's best wishes.

P.S. I thought Davidson did the right thing in going round the pitch applauding the fans last night, and he also made sure all the players did the same. It would have been very odd if he hadn't celebrated and thanked the fans, and he'd have taken pelters for it.

Last night was the job that needed to be done to keep the club in the top division but it can't be allowed to paper over significant cracks. Cracks that have been self-inflicted.

A lot of players are off now and a massive rebuild is required. It should concern everyone that Davidson has to rebuild the squad by replacing some very important players. 

Hopefully a returned Spoony and Hallberg will share some of the creative duties and we won't see Crawford very often. 

It's a huge worry that Davidson will now feel vindicated though and we'll have to suffer " the system".

Best case scenario is still that another club comes in for Davidson asap.

It was the right call for the celebration with the fans though.

Celebrating with the fans was definitely the right move, our fans have been terrific all season, the team has been supported when there should of been bricks thrown but instead there were roses thrown.

I hope CD sails off into the sunset and his legacy will be he took our club to one of the greatest seasons ever had by any Scottish team in the history of the game.

Clark and Hendry will be massive losses for us but I guess hopefully it opens the door for two new players hungry for a chance.

Do I think we will sign a Paul Wright or Alan Main as replacements I dare say no, but could we fluke a young Keegan Parker or a Miguel Simao then who knows? 

54 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Deliberately stayed off here last night as I didn’t want to end up depressed with all the negativity and nonsense that I knew would be spouted. That was my first live, in the flesh game for 2 seasons due to COVID and severe health problems and I got home feeling better than I have done in a long while. I thought CD going round applauding the fans on his own, away from the players, was a touch of class and all the players showed their hatred of the man by every one of them giving him massive hugs.

I hope you are doing better mate and glad you got to enjoy the game in person