Livingston V St.Johnstone - Saturday 7th May

SaintJet

But great hero's are not built in a day and the might of Livingston was finally too much to contain..... a draw a fair reflection of the battle and we live to fight the war another day. The saints loyal will head home with hearts still pumping and heads buzzing with anticipation on what the future may hold.

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Can't comeback from going behind.

Can't hold a lead.

Pathetic.

We can't score goals because we aren't set up to score goals and the manager doesn't seem to see that as a problem.

I'm totally scunnered with this team, struggling to give much of a **** what happens.

Didn't think I'd ever feel like that.

2 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

We can't score goals because we aren't set up to score goals and the manager doesn't seem to see that as a problem.

I'm totally scunnered with this team, struggling to give much of a **** what happens.

Didn't think I'd ever feel like that.

Wants to try and shitfest a 1-0 every game. 

Very negative mentality.

It has been 56 years since I came to Canada, as a saints fan I went through about three phases. When I first arrived my mother always put the scores in her letters so from when the game was played till I received said letter  which was probably a week and a half that tempered news of a crap performance she would send papers as well which took longer. Then Scottish Sunday papers became available over here we used to get them on the following Tuesday so the period of facing the news good or bad was cut, now with the magic of the interweb I am living the joys and horrors as if I still lived in Letham without the cost of admittance and travel costs. Every game day I still have the same feelings euphoria or a sinking feeling in my stomach, Im sure all pats feel the same but the season has been different caused by a manager who refuses to change and has caused a feeling of negativity to spread through the team. 

Really wish I could think of some positives to post on here. I guess there's the fact that May and MacPherson are better than Ciftci and Crawford, but why has the manager taken weeks longer than everyone else to realise that? And he's now in the process of taking weeks longer than everyone else to realise that Middleton should be back in the starting line-up. Will he ever notice that Murray Davidson never looks for the ball when we have possession and is completely unsuited to playing in the role he's been given? Excited for the day that penny finally drops.

Aside from that it was really all the same shortcomings as every other week. Even leading up to our goal, we had the usual lack of movement and really only scored because Rooney became frustrated enough with his team mates to take matters into his own hands and drive forwards with the ball. It's just all so ponderous, slow, stale. 

I like to think I'm generally a glass-half-full sort of person but watching this Saints team has just drained my glass completely. Every match is painful. I haven't felt this negative about Saints since the days of Billy Stark (shudder).

Before the game I was dreading a defeat and win for Dundee so we are coming out of today better than most us might have have expected.

It's now in our own hands to make the play offs.

For some reason Dundee will be playing on Tuesday so we will know if we can relax and play football and prepare and get some kind of form for the play offs.

4 hours ago, john.w said:

It has been 56 years since I came to Canada, as a saints fan I went through about three phases. When I first arrived my mother always put the scores in her letters so from when the game was played till I received said letter  which was probably a week and a half that tempered news of a crap performance she would send papers as well which took longer. Then Scottish Sunday papers became available over here we used to get them on the following Tuesday so the period of facing the news good or bad was cut, now with the magic of the interweb I am living the joys and horrors as if I still lived in Letham without the cost of admittance and travel costs. Every game day I still have the same feelings euphoria or a sinking feeling in my stomach, Im sure all pats feel the same but the season has been different caused by a manager who refuses to change and has caused a feeling of negativity to spread through the team. 

Could make that much worse.... if you are on Facebook PM me your user name and i'll add you to a group where you can watch the matches (if you are not already!)

TBF, i thought they played ok today. May was better than i've seen. They all put in a battling performance.

18 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Could make that much worse.... if you are on Facebook PM me your user name and i'll add you to a group where you can watch the matches (if you are not already!)

TBF, i thought they played ok today. May was better than i've seen. They all put in a battling performance.

If you know, you know.