The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

Can't see Zander going back on our books now for another 6 months etc. How would that work? We have a keeper now.

Can't exactly cut that loan short and send him back. What would that do for the clubs reputation and we would still be needing a no.1 in 6 months. Had we not signed Parish again when he was about to retire, things might have been different.

Edited by Rob

1 hour ago, Widge said:

They definitely wouldn’t! He’s now an ineffective winger with little to no end product, who’s only attribute is he can run very fast. Any form or tactical ability he had has long since disappeared. Can he rediscover form, possibly, do I think he ever will, nope. 

I think MOH probably needs a change at this stage but I could very easily see him going somewhere else and immediately rediscovering his form. That may well need to be in the Championship but that could be a good thing for him if he starts enjoying his football again.

He just looks absolutely miserable at Saints and I find myself feeling a bit sorry for him. He was never the best player positionally, so playing him out of position always seemed unlikely to work. But I reckon if he goes somewhere else where he feels a bit of love and gets used as a proper winger he could still be a game-changing player.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think MOH probably needs a change at this stage but I could very easily see him going somewhere else and immediately rediscovering his form. That may well need to be in the Championship but that could be a good thing for him if he starts enjoying his football again.

He just looks absolutely miserable at Saints and I find myself feeling a bit sorry for him. He was never the best player positionally, so playing him out of position always seemed unlikely to work. But I reckon if he goes somewhere else where he feels a bit of love and gets used as a proper winger he could still be a game-changing player.

Agree with this. It’s pretty clear he doesn’t fit into the system the manager doesn’t prefer/the manager doesn’t actually know how to get the best out of him.

You’d imagine there are a couple of clubs in the top flight he’d be able to go to and play his ‘natural’ position and he’d probably start to look as though he’s enjoying his football again. He definitely doesn’t owe the club anything and will leave as one of the three most decorated players in the history of St. Johnstone. He’s 31 now and for his own sake, he’d be best getting out and actually making the most of the years he has left. The caveat to that of course is that he’ll be on a decent wage, so could be happy to see out the rest of  his contract

Edited by PSJ.84

Think Mikey has to go for his own.

He might get a manager that's not on his case demanding he cover back and keep his position. I think he needs a manager that will give him a bit freedom to play.

By the way ,put him up front on Saturday and he might get on the end of the only time we get the ball in their half.

47 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We have 2 fitish strikers and 1 out til January.I would have kept him til January. 

Maybe we have a new striker coming in.

I think sometimes you (not you cagey) have to look at the bigger picture. What is better sitting on the bench for six months with the possibility of getting a few minutes here and there or going to a club where hopefully you will be starting every week. I think on this occasion the loan is the better option. 

I'm pretty sure we will invest in a striker. It's become clear to me that someone at the Broons level or Broons themselves have done the math on what relegation will cost saints, and have a warfund for Callum to build a squad to keep us up. As he just recently won a cup double, it's also clear they trust him on this venture and what he's told them about last seasons near miss is hitting the mark with Broons.

35 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I'm pretty sure we will invest in a striker. It's become clear to me that someone at the Broons level or Broons themselves have done the math on what relegation will cost saints, and have a warfund for Callum to build a squad to keep us up. As he just recently won a cup double, it's also clear they trust him on this venture and what he's told them about last seasons near miss is hitting the mark with Broons.

Let’s hope so mate, as if they are not thinking like that, then they are not doing their job properly.

23 minutes ago, Linky said:

Find me another striker who has scored double figures in a season at this level, might be willing to come to us and whose club might be willing to let him go on the cheap.

As far as I can remember Tony Watt has never scored 10 or more goals in a season at any level.

Waste if money.

34 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

As far as I can remember Tony Watt has never scored 10 or more goals in a season at any level.

Waste if money.

Last season he scored 11 goals in all competitions. 7 during the previous 3 seasons. We haven’t had anyone get more than 11 since our current Assistant Manager 7 seasons ago.

I’m not saying he’s the answer to our problems, but he’s got a better record at this level than many.

24 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

One of the most hot and cold players to grace Scottish football.

Mostly cold.

No thanks.

Scored a good goal against Barcelona in 2012 and has been dining out on it ever since.

Mind you the only way we will come up with a double digit striker will be by pulling a rabbit out of a hat from left field and I can't see Callum doing that.  Anybody know if the top scorer in the Outer Mongolian second division is worth a punt?

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Last season he scored 11 goals in all competitions. 7 during the previous 3 seasons. We haven’t had anyone get more than 11 since our current Assistant Manager 7 seasons ago.

I’m not saying he’s the answer to our problems, but he’s got a better record at this level than many.

I can't imagine him looking back on his time with Saints with much fondness and having any interest in joining Saints again. He didn't leave on a very positive note. Scored some decent goals at the start of the season with us then wasn't even getting a game by the end of that season. I don't think we could afford him either. 

3 hours ago, Linky said:

Find me another striker who has scored double figures in a season at this level, might be willing to come to us and whose club might be willing to let him go on the cheap.

I watched Tony Watt down tools in Perth already. He’s reportedly on £4500 a week in Dundee. I’d rather see us punt that for Melamed again to be honest