Match day 1. Saints V Hibs

rik2304

BBC says result heaps pressure on Davidson. I think the fact they got through to injury time without losing a goal might save even if Brown had any inclination to sack him.

0_0 draw was Davidson goal at the start of the game. Backward passing especially Muzz. Wingbacks that wouldn't go over the halfway line and are not even good defencivly.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

BBC says result heaps pressure on Davidson. I think the fact they got through to injury time without losing a goal might save even if Brown had any inclination to sack him.

0_0 draw was Davidson goal at the start of the game. Backward passing especially Muzz. Wingbacks that wouldn't go over the halfway line and are not even good defencivly.

Muzz should have been off at half time. We need a couple of ball players in the middle. 

Was pleasantly surprised by how solid the defence looked but massive issues elsewhere. 

Think that goal was Hibs first shot on target?

That game was lost on ref decisions today.

Whilst we didn't create much, but I thought the team really put a shift in. A half decent centre-forward would make a world of difference.

Was impressed once again by MacPherson when he came on and the new cb from Millwall looks a decent player.

Some positives for me.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

2 new centre backs and goalie who have just been here a couple of days. What could possibly go wrong.

Number 5 looked like he could be decent . McGowan was slow and the centre half had to cover for him. The goalie did ok but feel he could be rash at times.

51 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Muzz should have been off at half time. We need a couple of ball players in the middle. 

Was pleasantly surprised by how solid the defence looked but massive issues elsewhere. 

Think that goal was Hibs first shot on target?

Header off the back of Hibs player. Those are the breaks.

Hibs manager said red was probably a yellow and half.

Do we have VAR as the ref took an age and he put his hand to his ear before producing the red. Probably listening to lino or 4th official.

Love or loath Willie Collum he makes an instant decision on what HE sees.

To be honest I watched on tv I have to say when we got the ball forward we held it pretty well we do have some football players in the team now Bair looks a bit lost st one point he made a run into the box Carey played a shocking ball which bair had to go to the touch line to recover knocked it back to the supporting wing back an it ended up back at the keeper then hoofed up the park I didn’t really see his causing our back line much difficulty but it is fair to say I can’t remember a shot on target from saints and the heart still sinks when you see may coming off the bench what’s the deal with kane

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Header off the back of Hibs player. Those are the breaks.

Hibs manager said red was probably a yellow and half.

Do we have VAR as the ref took an age and he put his hand to his ear before producing the red. Probably listening to lino or 4th official.

Love or loath Willie Collum he makes an instant decision on what HE sees.

For a change bbc said it wasn’t a red

Can’t help but feel the sending off took the pressure off Callum Davidson today, it was looking like another horrible performance up to then but the sending off now the main talking point.

One shot on target, and even that was a shot from distance  the Hibs keeper made a meal of turning round the post. That is a poor Hibs team and they looked miles better than us, although they never really looked like scoring either ( until they did ).

Keep reading we need more signings, really, that entire team is Davidson signings and it’s not good enough, why would letting him waste any more money be a good thing.

Mahon 100k purchase but obviously not now thought good enough, Gilmour not good enough to even get in squad, both those will be on decent wages I presume.

May and Muzz obviously here before but it’s Callum who decided to give them new deals ( not 100% sure if true with May ).  I do wonder if Tommy Wright would have given Murray Davidson a new deal, much as he does deserve his testimonial.

Did I see this right at the start, Hibs all took the knee but Theo Bair took it on his own for our team ?  I know there’s maybe more important worries but it’s not a good look.

7 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Can’t help but feel the sending off took the pressure off Callum Davidson today, it was looking like another horrible performance up to then but the sending off now the main talking point.

One shot on target, and even that was a shot from distance  the Hibs keeper made a meal of turning round the post. That is a poor Hibs team and they looked miles better than us, although they never really looked like scoring either ( until they did ).

Keep reading we need more signings, really, that entire team is Davidson signings and it’s not good enough, why would letting him waste any more money be a good thing.

Mahon 100k purchase but obviously not now thought good enough, Gilmour not good enough to even get in squad, both those will be on decent wages I presume.

May and Muzz obviously here before but it’s Callum who decided to give them new deals ( not 100% sure if true with May ).  I do wonder if Tommy Wright would have given Murray Davidson a new deal, much as he does deserve his testimonial.

Did I see this right at the start, Hibs all took the knee but Theo Bair took it on his own for our team ?  I know there’s maybe more important worries but it’s not a good look.

Saints never took the knee all last season. I could see the point in it a couple of seasons ago but is football going to take the knee forever.

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Saints never took the knee all last season. I could see the point in it a couple of seasons ago but is football going to take the knee forever.

I know they didn’t, I just don’t think it looks good to have one of our players doing it alone, I ve bigger concerns about the team than that though.

3 minutes ago, rickardo said:

shite , can’t put up with it anymore . 1 shot on target the whole game and we are accepting that shit ? F u c k Sake . Get Davidson to **** before we are totally ****ed up .

Spot on, it doesn’t matter who we sign nothing will change good money going to bad until we get rid of this clown and his useless management team, clubs rotten to the core, whole thing needs a good clear out, too much deadwood hanging around it.

10 minutes ago, saintee in exile said:

It's sickening.From a position of strength we have been reduced to football so poor fans are leaving in their droves.CD is deluded if he thinks we can win games with that front line.Trying to grind out 0-0 results isn't football.

Whilst I agree that the football is poor it’s not true that fans are leaving in their droves. Well supported last year and a healthy home support today. However that will change quickly if CD and his management team remain in place 

I don't care about refereeing performances. I care that we're absolutely rubbish and we've completely wasted the time and budget of pre-season on signing inadequate players and drilling them to play in a system that just does not work. A pretty average Hibs team passed through us time and time again and it was only their poor final ball and decision-making that saved us from a walloping.

We're outnumbered every time we try to get forward because of our insistence on playing a back three. We have no attacking width because of our insistence on using wing-backs who are forced to spend their time defending. We have no ball player in midfield because we got rid of all our ball-playing midfielders and haven't thought to replace them. We have no attacking threat because for some reason we've started the season with just two strikers, only one of whom is ever allowed on the pitch at a time, and neither of whom ever scores any goals. And even if we had a top class striker up front they'd very likely struggle because they'd be forced to spend 90 minutes huffing and puffing from side to side with no through balls, no crosses and no support.

Of our starting XI today, only three were with us last season (and one of those three hardly played). That might seem like a good thing given our finishing position last season, but Davidson has somehow managed to downgrade us in every single area of the park. Really never thought I'd find myself pining for last season's squad but even they would comfortably beat what we have now.

Davidson is absolutely clueless, and is not going to change, and this is not going to get better. When will our Incredible Vanishing Board come out of hiding and do what they should have done months and months ago?

1 hour ago, saintee in exile said:

It's sickening.From a position of strength we have been reduced to football so poor fans are leaving in their droves.CD is deluded if he thinks we can win games with that front line.Trying to grind out 0-0 results isn't football.

Hibs fans commenting that we were anti football and "Hamiltonesque"....Hard to argue with

The usual goal is to score more goals than the other team . Davidson puts a team out not to lose goals and looks to have no interest in scoring.

Even if we went the whole season with 0_0 draws we would probably still get relegated.

What Davidson has done to this club is heartbreaking. What has been built over 10 seasons has been thrown away along with thousands of pounds in just over a year.

We can't afford to go any longer with his anti football.