Theo Bair

weesainty

2 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

I think one of the biggest issues is how deep Bair ends up playing. When we defend a corner we have 11 in the box - surely if he's got a bit of pace tell him to stay up at the bloody halfway line at least - if nothing else its a possible outlet when we hoof the ball clear.

Not sure about the pace bit. I don't think I have seen him outpace a centre back yet.

Doesn't seem to be better than average on the ground either.

Was happy to give him a wee run in the team but it doesn't seem to have helped. Nice wee chest down for Murphy but nothing else.

Eetu on a double already today, I don’t know what crime he committed to get banished. Oh before anybody gives the pub leave crap, I don’t care if it’s the school boy league at least he’s scoring

Edited by john.w

2 minutes ago, john.w said:

Eetu on a double already today, I don’t know what crime he committed to get banished. Oh before anybody gives the pub leave crap, I don’t care if it’s the school boy league at least he’s scoring

I notice he never gets a mention for all the games he either doesn’t score or is benched.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, sixties saintee said:

Cant see Bair scoring in the month o Sundays, he just might this week, as the game has been moved from the scheduled Saturday to Sunday.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, sixties saintee said:

You listening Hoodlum.

Well said Sixties,  hope he gets a hatrick.

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think we have seen enough. For a guy at 6 ft plus he is poor in the air and his attempt to head the ball which went through to Marshall and led to 3rd goal was pathetic.

Fully agree. It's not even that his headers are poor, he can't actually get close enough to the ball to head it.

• 1 month later...

I think Bair is very slowly, gradually improving and there have definitely been some promising signs emerging lately. First his goal against Killie and then his performance when he came on against Celtic, which I think is the first time I've actually seen him convincingly use his strength and size to hold off defenders and maintain possession. It was also great to see him actually get a chance to play alongside a strike partner, especially someone like May who links up so well.

A few months ago I'd have thought I'd never, ever be calling for Bair to start a game - but I'd actually quite like to see him and May start together up front against Livi.