Saints v Ross County, 17th Sep 2022

blueheaven

Praise be! Word has reached us from none other than the king 'imself! By royal decree, the plebs can kick a ball around once more. Oh thank you sire! Thank you! You truly are a good, good, fine, good king who is definitely not racist.

SPFL: "This week, as a mark of respect and in keeping with the period of National Mourning, home clubs may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem just ahead of kick-off, and players may wish to wear black armbands."

Really, really looking forward to that bit happening. :D

26 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

sPFL: "This week, as a mark of respect and in keeping with the period of National Mourning, home clubs may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem just ahead of kick-off, and players may wish to wear black armbands."

Pretty sure it'll be the minutes silence at the grounds in Scotland (with the exception of one of the cheeks).

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

I am going to ask if they intend playing the anthem of Great Britain and Northern Ireland at McDiarmid Park before the game.. If so, I will definitely not be attending. I hope the black armband is entirely voluntary, pretty Fascist if not.

This the same anthem that they sing against us at sporting events aye?

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Praise be! Word has reached us from none other than the king 'imself! By royal decree, the plebs can kick a ball around once more. Oh thank you sire! Thank you! You truly are a good, good, fine, good king who is definitely not racist.

SPFL: "This week, as a mark of respect and in keeping with the period of National Mourning, home clubs may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem just ahead of kick-off, and players may wish to wear black armbands."

Juvenille pathetic post.  The Royal family did not decree the postponement of last week's games but left it to the respective authorities. 

If 'Queen' Nicola popped her clogs I would shed not a tear but would respect any public ceremonies

Seems like I may be in the minority on this forum though! 

2 hours ago, Ritspeed said:

Juvenille pathetic post.  The Royal family did not decree the postponement of last week's games but left it to the respective authorities. 

If 'Queen' Nicola popped her clogs I would shed not a tear but would respect any public ceremonies

Nae butchers apron on here.

2 hours ago, Ritspeed said:

You and your thoughts may well be in the minority on here,I can assure you your not on your own,unfortunately at times like this some folk can’t help but show themselves for the fuds they are.

35 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

You and your thoughts may well be in the minority on here,I can assure you your not on your own,unfortunately at times like this some folk can’t help but show themselves for the fuds they are.

Bit harsh calling them a fud!

Edited by garydavidson

In a democracy everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but I would strongly appeal to those with anti-monarchy sympathies to keep quiet on Saturday and respect the solemnity of the occasion. Any protesting or bad behaviour displayed will only reflect badly on our club. I was at Saints cup-tie with Queen of the South which was played at Muirton Park only three days after King George VI died in 1952. There was a two minute silence, all the players on both sides wore black arm bands and the pipe band played the hymn "Abide With Me" (not the National Anthem).  Perhaps something similar  on Saturday would be appropriate.

2 hours ago, Willie Peat said:

In a democracy everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but I would strongly appeal to those with anti-monarchy sympathies to keep quiet on Saturday and respect the solemnity of the occasion. Any protesting or bad behaviour displayed will only reflect badly on our club. I was at Saints cup-tie with Queen of the South which was played at Muirton Park only three days after King George VI died in 1952. There was a two minute silence, all the players on both sides wore black arm bands and the pipe band played the hymn "Abide With Me" (not the National Anthem).  Perhaps something similar  on Saturday would be appropriate.

20 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Surely it is not possible for a team to change the date and time of a match without agreement of the opposition and the SPFL.

Hibs website claims match date was changed after discussions with Polis, SPFL and St Johnstone.  Saints simply report the date change without comment.

Presumably we will get round to discussing team selection and hopes for the Ross County game at some point.  I hope we win.