St.Johnstone V Rangers - Sunday 6th November

SaintJet

25 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Brilliant defensive performance from all. First 30 mins looked pretty grim and only a matter of time before they had one of those crosses falling to a Rangers player.

Once we got the goal (what a hit!) we looked pretty comfortable with only the odd hairy moment. 

Pity Carey has no pace, otherwise he could have had another when he was through on goal.

Special mention to Parish....we know he's not first choice and he is prone to the odd 'moment' but he played his part in getting the win.

Carey was fuked by that point as was Spoony and probably should have been subbed 5 mins earlier.

31 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Brilliant defensive performance from all. First 30 mins looked pretty grim and only a matter of time before they had one of those crosses falling to a Rangers player.

Once we got the goal (what a hit!) we looked pretty comfortable with only the odd hairy moment. 

Pity Carey has no pace, otherwise he could have had another when he was through on goal.

Special mention to Parish....we know he's not first choice and he is prone to the odd 'moment' but he played his part in getting the win.

Parish did all that was required - well done.

Ref had a decent game and was t swayed by the shout for a pen or hand ball every time the ball went in the box .

Why he didn't give a foul for the jersey pull late on in the game. In England it is a definite free kick and yellow but not in Scotland. Is there different rules ?.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:11 AM, Cagey said:

Steven McLean ,referee. Graeme Leslie VAR ref who has assisted on a few championship and lower games but has never refereed a game in any top tier.

Apologies just found loads of assistant ref including Saints games going back to 2014.

VAR only involved once , for a possible red card which it never was.

When I saw the team sheet I feared the worst. My main fear was Elliot Parish in goal. He proved me wrong. What a performance by Parish and the whole team. I watched it on pipe music tv and the bias on there is shockingly unbelievable. A Rangers blatant foul is a"coming together". Stevie May was my man of the match. What a lad.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Ref had a decent game and was t swayed by the shout for a pen or hand ball every time the ball went in the box .

Why he didn't give a foul for the jersey pull late on in the game. In England it is a definite free kick and yellow but not in Scotland. Is there different rules ?.

Yep, the Jersey pull should have resulted in a free kick & a yellow card.

As they broke away , I was thinking it they score will VAR go back to the incident and rule the goal out.

13 minutes ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Reading Beeb report on Hearts v Motherwell.

Saying that the rule is "because it not a straight red card , VAR can't intervene".

Yet Var can look at Montgomery's yellow against Sevco.

I'm puzzled as to what's,  what?

Looking for answers.

Yes they can look at a yellow which bar think could possibly be a red but they cannot look at something to see if it should be a yellow. 

Great performance by all players today. 

Parish seemed nervous for the first 10- 15 minutes then settled but should have done better for their goal.

Mitchell is far better when played as the centre of a 3 man back line than he is when shunted to allow Gordon to play central.  If Gordon back play him on right of back 3. It could also be influence of two experienced players either side of him that makes Mitchell better in central position.

Spoony always composed with the ball, great to see him back in the team. First half Saints were quite wasteful with the little position they got and struggled to string a few passes together. Much better second half. Some really tidy stuff on the counter and look dangerous almost every time.

Daft question, if Spoony is only a possible for the Canadian World Cup team I presume he's not got a Panini sticker in the book. Anyone know?