Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

1 hour ago, south inch said:

According to the Bear's Den Sevco have received 7080 tickets and have 9800 applications. It appears children under 13 are being given free tickets, presumably in the Ormond.  Are we giving free tickets to our under 13s?

• Seeing as the cheating weedgies will probably buy £20 tickets ,that will be £70,800 each less policing costs etc. Huge pay day :mrgreen:. Not even enough for 1 of the duds Davidson has bought..

2 hours ago, south inch said:

According to the Bear's Den Sevco have received 7080 tickets and have 9800 applications. It appears children under 13 are being given free tickets, presumably in the Ormond.  Are we giving free tickets to our under 13s?

Free tickets would contravene SFA rules, so don't listen to a cheating Sevco source.

I received a phone call from Ian Flaherty this morning....

He stated that the main reason for moving the fans is that traditionally home fans do not turn up to games against Rangers & Celtic. He stated that the price increase was due to an increase in Policing costs due to the 5.30pm kick off. The club argued that it would be better if  our game was moved to a 12.30 kick off on the Saturday and the Celtic v Morton game moved to the 5.30pm kick off, but this was refused.

He stated that the way in which the gate receipts are divided between both clubs in a cup tie- has changed and that more financial onus is now placed on the home team in terms of covering operational costs. He stated that the amount clubs receive for televised cup games has significantly reduced and given other overheads such as a significant increase in cost of heating etc, that if the club had charged £20 for this game then overall we would have lost money from the tie. He confirmed that the club will be allowing all under 12s into the game free of charge. The club had hoped to have a voucher scheme in place for the Livi game which would have given our support money off a ticket for the game or to use towards merchandise in the club shop, however the SPFL and SFA both stated that this would not possible. 

I didn't agree with everything he said and he accepted that the club has lessons to learn from their handling of the situation. The club are going to release a statement this afternoon.

An email has just been sent to all the contacted the club...

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for your recent note and for the valuable feedback.

As you might appreciate, a number of supporters have been in touch with regard to similar matters raised by you and I thought it would be useful to write to you to explain some of the issues which the Club required to address when considering the pricing of the Scottish Cup tie with Rangers FC.

The Club has considered the attendances of Season Ticket holders and supporters at Old Firm matches in recent Seasons, and despite various incentives which have been offered, Home Support attendances have been modest, to say the least. Despite the inconvenience to some Season Ticket Holders, it was decided to restrict the Home Support to the Main Stand, and it is hoped that this will increase the overall attendance, whilst improving the comfort of Home Supporters on the day.

It is acknowledged that the cost of £30 for an Adult Ticket and £20 for Concessions and Under 16`s is a lot of money. This is particularly so, when looked at in the context of the very modest price increases and other incentives provided by the Club to fans over the years. The Club are making 600 tickets available for under 12`s to go free for this game, which equates to £18,000 give away at the adult ticket pricing.

You may not be aware, but as this is a Cup game, the pricing of the tickets requires to be agreed with the opposition. Further to that, the ticket receipts are split 50/50, with the home Club incurring the Operational costs, some of which are stated below.

There are other factors which we required to be considered, principally with regards to the substantial costs which the Club must bear to put the game on. Some of these costs would not be required in fixtures with alternative opposition whilst other costs are additional for this particular game.

We had to consider the following:-

*    The game was changed to a 5.30pm kick off. As a result, we have increased Police and Stewarding outgoings.
*    We have to pay for VAR.
*    The TV fee is £24k (and not the widely reported £80k plus figure).
*    We are maintaining our under 12`s go free policy.
*    You will be aware that any ticket price has an element of VAT- A £30 ticket means we have to account to HMRC for £5 per ticket.
*    Generally, the rising cost of living has impacted on our internal costs such as heating (undersoil), lighting and others.

You will appreciate that we endeavour to ensure that the Club is run sustainably . If we were to restrict pricing to say £20 per adult ticket, this would have resulted in a net loss.

I hope that this response satisfies any concerns that you have and puts some context on the decisions taken in respect of pricing , which in our view are in the best interests of the Club.

Kind Regards

Ian Flaherty
Head of Operations
St Johnstone FC

13 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

An email has just been sent to all the contacted the club...

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for your recent note and for the valuable feedback.

As you might appreciate, a number of supporters have been in touch with regard to similar matters raised by you and I thought it would be useful to write to you to explain some of the issues which the Club required to address when considering the pricing of the Scottish Cup tie with Rangers FC.

The Club has considered the attendances of Season Ticket holders and supporters at Old Firm matches in recent Seasons, and despite various incentives which have been offered, Home Support attendances have been modest, to say the least. Despite the inconvenience to some Season Ticket Holders, it was decided to restrict the Home Support to the Main Stand, and it is hoped that this will increase the overall attendance, whilst improving the comfort of Home Supporters on the day.

It is acknowledged that the cost of £30 for an Adult Ticket and £20 for Concessions and Under 16`s is a lot of money. This is particularly so, when looked at in the context of the very modest price increases and other incentives provided by the Club to fans over the years. The Club are making 600 tickets available for under 12`s to go free for this game, which equates to £18,000 give away at the adult ticket pricing.

You may not be aware, but as this is a Cup game, the pricing of the tickets requires to be agreed with the opposition. Further to that, the ticket receipts are split 50/50, with the home Club incurring the Operational costs, some of which are stated below.

There are other factors which we required to be considered, principally with regards to the substantial costs which the Club must bear to put the game on. Some of these costs would not be required in fixtures with alternative opposition whilst other costs are additional for this particular game.

We had to consider the following:-

*    The game was changed to a 5.30pm kick off. As a result, we have increased Police and Stewarding outgoings.
*    We have to pay for VAR.
*    The TV fee is £24k (and not the widely reported £80k plus figure).
*    We are maintaining our under 12`s go free policy.
*    You will be aware that any ticket price has an element of VAT- A £30 ticket means we have to account to HMRC for £5 per ticket.
*    Generally, the rising cost of living has impacted on our internal costs such as heating (undersoil), lighting and others.

You will appreciate that we endeavour to ensure that the Club is run sustainably . If we were to restrict pricing to say £20 per adult ticket, this would have resulted in a net loss.

I hope that this response satisfies any concerns that you have and puts some context on the decisions taken in respect of pricing , which in our view are in the best interests of the Club.

Kind Regards

Ian Flaherty
Head of Operations
St Johnstone FC

The same reply as me.have you stolen my email ?

59 minutes ago, slf said:

The same reply as me.have you stolen my email ?

I never got one. Would have thought they would be automatically sent all at same time. I get the emails with game reports and manager and players interviews which show only 30 seconds.

5 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I don't think you can argue with the content of the letter.

We can't be making a loss on these games it would just add insult to injury.

I hate attending Old Firm games becasue of all the hassle that goes with it.

I hope we pull off an unlikely win and move on.

They cant even calculate how much money its costing them to give out free childs tickets (claim of £18k, when they're giving out 300 to Saints fans free instead of, at most, £20 = £6k), and it looks like theyve flat out lied about what share of the gate they're getting too.

Theyre charging Saints fans excessive amounts, have ignored the fan base for almlst 2 weeks, havent apologised and are now lying to you. Why are folk just meekly accepting that?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

They cant even calculate how much money its costing them to give out free childs tickets (claim of £18k, when they're giving out 300 to Saints fans free instead of, at most, £20 = £6k), and it looks like theyve flat out lied about what share of the gate they're getting too.

Theyre charging Saints fans excessive amounts, have ignored the fan base for almlst 2 weeks, havent apologised and are now lying to you. Why are folk just meekly accepting that?

To say they are lying is a pretty big stretch. 

Whatever we think - the SFA constrain the prices on Cup matches so we just have to get on with it- the way around this is to include all cup matches in the price of a season ticket.

It's not ideal and I can see fully why fans are irritated but we have to trust those running  the club. All this nonesense about Steve Brown trying to make a killing before he steps down is just that - Nonesense.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Why are folk just meekly accepting that?

I have seen nobody just “meekly” accepting it. @SaintJet is entitled to his view on his things. Just because he/she is not throwing their toys out of the pram and acting in a dramatic manner does not mean they are just accepting things.

I made my displeasure at the way the club have acted known to Ian Flaherty today and will also boycott the game. What others want to do is entirely their decision. 

26 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

To say they are lying is a pretty big stretch. 

Whatever we think - the SFA constrain the prices on Cup matches so we just have to get on with it.

https://twitter.com/craig_killie/status/1612485886138007553?s=20&t=aoSZk3k5J3byqbD5CDUbQA

The SFA dont "constrain" anything. The two clubs get a chance to agree a price, and if they dont it defaults to the standard league price, which is £25 from memory.

Saints actively chose the prices.

26 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

I have seen nobody just “meekly” accepting it. @SaintJet is entitled to his view on his things. Just because he/she is not throwing their toys out of the pram and acting in a dramatic manner does not mean they are just accepting things.

I made my displeasure at the way the club have acted known to Ian Flaherty today and will also boycott the game. What others want to do is entirely their decision. 

A handful of people continue to defend the club and accept their decision, based on nothing more than the fact its Saints doing it and Saints can do no wrong.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Nobody is meekly accepting things but in the grand scheme of things other than not go to the game there's not a lot we can do just now. Come season ticket renewal time though that might be a different matter.

As for the £18K - 600 tickets (300 home and 300 away) which could potentially be sold at adult prices is £18K. 

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I don't think you can argue with the content of the letter.

We can't be making a loss on these games it would just add insult to injury.

I hate attending Old Firm games becasue of all the hassle that goes with it.

I hope we pull off an unlikely win and move on.

I don't think if we had the league OF arrangements we would have lost money. You never know we might even have got a result without Sevco supporters in 3\4 of stadium baying for fouls and pens the whole game.

Going to be around 8,000 paying customers so gate receipts around £200,000.

According to P&B saints keep 20% of the receipts to pay for staging the match, That's around £40,000, plus our share of the balance minus small SFA payment and something for VAR.

Presume we keep the car park and programme money and all the hospitality money.

Sounds like a substantial pay day for us. 

If we are moved out again for the Celtic game in February the complaints will be  huge .

Saints need to come clean about future OF games or season ticket sales will suffer. There is a very good article in the Herald about the benefits St Mirren have enjoyed by restricting OF to just 1 stand. Saints could learn  a lot from that stance.