Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Cup tickets on sale but season ticket holders only have til 12 noon on 16th to purchase them. At the moment I am not going but would like to think if I changed my mind before 21st I could get one.

Yeah I can't imagine you'll have much problem getting a ticket. :laugh:

I had a look at the seating plan on the ticket site earlier and discovered that although hardly any tickets have been sold, someone has already bought my season ticket seat. Whoever you are, enjoy it you traitor. :razz:

3 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

You are incorrect,  The total inclusive of VAT is £30 which is 120%.  Vat being 20% is therefore one sixth of total which equal £5.

Proof - Goods cost £25 plus vat at 20% = £5 giving total £30.

So that bit he got right but bit patronising to mention when VAT has applied since 2011.

Your right! Was thinking the 30 was before tax but suppose they wouldn't be paying  the tax on our behalf! 

These incentives they talk about for previous old firm games, all they offered I can think of is bring a friend for £20, as I sit with my friends who also have a season ticket, not sure how that helps me or what I’m meant to do. I don’t think I ve missed a Rangers or Celtic home game in years, as a fan I can’t do any more than turn up, marketing etc isn’t my job.

I suspect all Main Stand Season tickets are held until the 16th to see if that person buys it and that’s why it looks like a lot of seats have been sold, that’s a guess, I m maybe wrong in that.

I don’t know anybody who has said they plan to attend so far.

I m finding it tough, can’t remember missing a Scottish Cup game home or away apart from Covid in probably 30 years, I can afford £30 and 10 min walk from ground. 

Unless I hear something major from club, I can’t go, the club needs to see us vote with our feet , they deserve to have the team come out to an almost empty main stand ( not players fault I know ), maybe then they ll realise they have to listen.

I fear though that all they ll do is blame the poor attendance on making it the norm for all old firm games.

I hope they don’t have the cheek to put a picture of the young lads in the East Stand they’ve kicked out of their home on the front of next years season ticket.

3 minutes ago, Strawman said:

I suspect all Main Stand Season tickets are held until the 16th to see if that person buys it and that’s why it looks like a lot of seats have been sold, that’s a guess, I m maybe wrong in that.

Blueheaven above says his season ticket seat is already gone, so wont be that.

A lot of seats arent available. Some are kept at disabled rows, some kept around the VIP seats, and some around the bench.

11 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Would it not show as gone if it was held for him ?

Depends if he just looked at plan or actually tried to buy.

Doesnt matter either way, like I say I m likely wrong

Thats possible tbf, for the play off game my seat got held for me to purchase, but then i couldnt actually ever do it, so maybe same error happened again.

13 hours ago, Strawman said:

Would it not show as gone if it was held for him ?

Depends if he just looked at plan or actually tried to buy.

Doesnt matter either way, like I say I m likely wrong

Just had another look to check - the seat's definitely gone, as it won't let me click through to buy it. I think the priority window for season ticket holders is just to make sure we can get a ticket if we want one, but our seats aren't being held. My assumption is the seat has probably been bought by an East Stand season ticket holder moving across to the Main. My seat's at the end of a row and they're usually the first ones to go.

13 hours ago, Strawman said:

These incentives they talk about for previous old firm games, all they offered I can think of is bring a friend for £20, as I sit with my friends who also have a season ticket, not sure how that helps me or what I’m meant to do. I don’t think I ve missed a Rangers or Celtic home game in years, as a fan I can’t do any more than turn up, marketing etc isn’t my job.

This is exactly how I feel. It's good that they at least tried this but I'd be surprised if it's worked particularly well. I know I've never taken it up, as all the Saints fans I'm friends with already have their own season tickets.

I think the club needs to have a big re-think, not just about how it gets people to come along to these Old Firm games, but how it attracts and appeals to fans in general. If there were more fans coming along throughout the season, then it stands to reason that there would also be more who wanted to come to games against the OF.

As wary as I am of what might happen when the club ownership changes hands, one thing I'm really hopeful of seeing is someone coming in who has a bit more of an understanding of marketing, PR and social media, and who will be willing to try some new things in these areas. As much as I admire the Browns, these areas have never been their strong point.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

A lot of seats arent available. Some are kept at disabled rows, some kept around the VIP seats, and some around the bench.

Just had a very quick count and it looks like maybe around 40-ish have been sold so far. I didn't count the big blocks or full rows that were taken as I suspect they're the ones you mention that are being held for some reason (such as the big block next to the dug-out, which I think is reserved for player comps).

17 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

You are incorrect,  The total inclusive of VAT is £30 which is 120%.  Vat being 20% is therefore one sixth of total which equal £5.

Proof - Goods cost £25 plus vat at 20% = £5 giving total £30.

So that bit he got right but bit patronising to mention when VAT has applied since 2011.

Got tae pad it out some how.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Just had a very quick count and it looks like maybe around 40-ish have been sold so far. I didn't count the big blocks or full rows that were taken as I suspect they're the ones you mention that are being held for some reason (such as the big block next to the dug-out, which I think is reserved for player comps).

180 sold so far out of 2,400 season ticket holders,  club really have fecked this up, stupid decision. 

On 1/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, SaintJet said:

You always have too much to say and most of it is usually BS. 

St.Johnstone are not getting off blameless regarding this incident and I think better dialogue with the fans would go a long way but if your being totally honest they were going to be damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

The real issue we have is that dispite several successful seasons we are still making slow progress in growing the fanbase - it's been that way my whole life. If we could sell out three stands and make it a real "home" game atmosphere against the Old Firm we wouldn't have a problem. Hearts and United have already displayed this reality in our last two home games.

There is not a club in the land who wouldn't want to have our financial balance sheet which has come about with strong fiscal policy and making hard decisions. I think we have been run well as a club in the modern era and most of this has been on the Brown Family watch.

(Small foot note: I am really encouraged by the small in roads we are making in growing our fanbase; we are going in the right direction and have established ourselves as good top flight club.)

And to follow on this statement “slowly being disillusioned by a poor manager”

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Said on PLZ today that they were asked at a press conference not to ask about crowd allocation.

I haven't seen any journalist report on speaking to any of the people running the club on this issue, has anyone else?

It's almost as if the club don't think what they're doing here is positive. Best to just say nothing until the fans forget all about it, right?

I make it roughly 175 tickets sold now, looking at the ticket site. At least Flaherty etc will have plenty of space to stretch their legs.

12 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I haven't seen any journalist report on speaking to any of the people running the club on this issue, has anyone else?

It's almost as if the club don't think what they're doing here is positive. Best to just say nothing until the fans forget all about it, right?

I make it roughly 175 tickets sold now, looking at the ticket site. At least Flaherty etc will have plenty of space to stretch their legs.

The local journalists are embarrassingly tame.

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Just gone through the 200 mark.

We have approximately 1,900 season ticket holders in the East Stand and 500 in the main.

Saints need to try and turn this round, the lack of a general statement is baffling. 

This should have been a money spinner .

Biggest worry now is only 21 sold out of 1,000 in sections A and B saints bound to be considering allocating another 1,000 to Rangers .

Cone on saints, you cant run a business by being silent and ignoring the fact that it looks like over 80% of our season ticket holders are not attending a home cup tie.You need to address this and at least try and get more saints fans in.