Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

1 minute ago, Calluna4u said:

Oh I am not afraid to contribute...just I am a busy guy with a business to run, and in excess of 20 staff to look after......so just don't need to involve myself with petty forum dramas.

Genuine Saints fan since childhood.

Although form in a dip right now....the last decade has been our golden era......and despite current situation we are still in it.

The whiners would do well to recall the final seasons at Muirton......

We are STILL punching well above our weight. Form will return. On our budget it will always be patchy against clubs with much higher spends. Just hoping today we do well...still terribly conflicted but decided NOT to go.. 

BINGO

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I take it back, dont bother contributing.

LAUGH OUT LOUD....nothing about the recent past takes away the frustration of it looking like Livi could score at will in the first half last week.......just looked like a vacuum had been left in front of a 'not very quick' central defence. Do that tonight and it will be carnage....

4 hours ago, Calluna4u said:

Oh I know....have read the forum almost every day for the last several years. After the buffeting I got when offering a FREE use of my ticket back at the time previously mentioned I just thought, 'why bother' about contributing. Felt like I strayed into territory where a *few* of the local 'big dogs' did not want anyone new ....  and were full of distrust.

You've mentioned this a couple of times so I had a look back at the thread you seem to be referring to. All I can find is one post from you asking if anyone wants your season ticket seat, one reply to you asking if you're trying to sell your seat, you then clarifying that you're happy to give it away for free, and that's it. I'm not sure where this "buffeting" happened. But really you've got to expect the occasional arsey comment on a site like this one (as with all social media) but if you feel you've been particularly harshly treated please do flag it with the mods rather than letting it put you off contributing. Hope we can see more of you on here in the future.

Just to get back to the topic: just had another look at the ticket site and I make it around 413 home tickets now sold.

39 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

P.S. I completely disagree with all this "punching above our weight" stuff. It's rubbish. We are exactly where we deserve to be.

That and it was crap in the eighties,   So what we have been good for years through good management at board level, good managers and picking up a lot of decent players that suited playing here. So why should not aspire to stay where we are and accept the level of mediocrity we are now seeing at board level, just because that was what like 40 years ago, jeezo what an outlook!, but with current hesd of ops, team manager and signing policy, we are sleepwalking to relegation if this is allowed to continue, some appear to just accept this and the club can do no wrong.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:11 PM, blueheaven said:

You've mentioned this a couple of times so I had a look back at the thread you seem to be referring to. All I can find is one post from you asking if anyone wants your season ticket seat, one reply to you asking if you're trying to sell your seat, you then clarifying that you're happy to give it away for free, and that's it. I'm not sure where this "buffeting" happened. But really you've got to expect the occasional arsey comment on a site like this one (as with all social media) but if you feel you've been particularly harshly treated please do flag it with the mods rather than letting it put you off contributing. Hope we can see more of you on here in the future.

Just to get back to the topic: just had another look at the ticket site and I make it around 413 home tickets now sold.

Yes....a couple of folk figured out who I was....so although 'on forum' it was nothing much it was still a little disappointing....never mind...its a long time ago now.

Still want the best going forward.

1 hour ago, crieffsaintandy said:

That and it was crap in the eighties,   So what we have been good for years through good management at board level, good managers and picking up a lot of decent players that suited playing here. So why should not aspire to stay where we are and accept the level of mediocrity we are now seeing at board level, just because that was what like 40 years ago, jeezo what an outlook!, but with current hesd of ops, team manager and signing policy, we are sleepwalking to relegation if this is allowed to continue, some appear to just accept this and the club can do no wrong.

That was not the point...I think fans everywhere want their teams to be the best they can be.....back then the clubs very existence was under threat. Despite current slump...these are still great times to be a Saints fan.

Just now, Calluna4u said:

That was not the point...I think fans everywhere want their teams to be the best they can be.....back then the clubs very existence was under threat. Despite current slump...these are still great times to be a Saints fan.

Yep everyone does want the best, seen the good bad and absolute crap over the last 40 odd years, and compared with comparable teams like falkirk midden pars etc we have been streets ahead with good times, and worked wonders with budgets and support, but support size doesn't win prizes just ask those sleeping giants from paisley. Just don't like the acceptance that we used to be.... we are where we are and have managed for 14 years and a lot of young supporters haven't seen any different, so onwards and upwards and hopefully a new management team to take us forward!

1 minute ago, Lifelong Saintee said:

Apart from 4-3 at Dens on 01 January 1978 😊

Yeah Derek O’Connor hat trick and John pelosi .

most likely the highlight as we even have a song about game.

also the gemmells nose song about then.

qos was eventful and also helped us no get relegated.

but there’s not much more 

On 1/20/2023 at 7:03 PM, The Kinross Saint said:

So you accept the board and manager are drastically halting the potential and progress the club had made? Good, glad you’ve confirmed. 

The incredible thing is you’ll sit in a crowd of 400 tomorrow thinking ‘the other 2000 are in the wrong, not me!’ 

I think there is no right or wrong (you have a choice as do the PLC), but I back my club and team.

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

Masterstroke by Davidson. Bring on Carey who should never be near the team , for a defender and immediately doesn't cover his man.

Mitchell must be shagging Davidson's wife.

We have 2 defenders on the bench and he brings on ****ing Carey.

In fairness to him I think moving Drey to right back and bringing on another winger was the way to go, although I’d have had Murphy or Wotherspoon on before Carey. Was quite worried when Brown got injured that Davidson would shit himself and go back to his trusted back five, so kudos to him for sticking with the four I guess 

Edited by PSJ.84