St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 14th January

SaintJet

If Saints was a loved pet you would have them taken to the vet.

It's as if the players are going through the motions, Is it management style if there is such a thing or is it more the backroom staff?

Whatever it is needs routing out as they will free fall better than any Red Devils parachute display.

Looking at our squad today at least 4 out of the 23 are on loan! How must it feel for our signed players that they don't get a sniff whilst others play before them?

Maybe that is why we are loosing players to ahem "return home" 

It's time to say adios to Callum and his dead donkey of a sidekick. 

2 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Mitchell and spoony off :roll:

And Carey.

What Davidson sees in McLennan I will never know… oh wait, his favourite Considine really rates him, that will be why.

Virtually same changes he made when we were 2-0 down to Hearts.

Here is a suggestion, Callum, stop starting matches with a shit 11, shit formation and tactics…crazy idea but you know worth a try!!! Idiot arsehole.

56 minutes ago, Mr T said:

If Saints was a loved pet you would have them taken to the vet.

It's as if the players are going through the motions, Is it management style if there is such a thing or is it more the backroom staff?

Whatever it is needs routing out as they will free fall better than any Red Devils parachute display.

Looking at our squad today at least 4 out of the 23 are on loan! How must it feel for our signed players that they don't get a sniff whilst others play before them?

Maybe that is why we are loosing players to ahem "return home" 

It's time to say adios to Callum and his dead donkey of a sidekick. 

This vet would do it for free 

Clueless. Honestly can’t even be bothered to rattle through the list of everything wrong anymore. Imagine it’s probably how half of the team feel also. 

I will say… 3-0 down at half time, we bring on Murphy and McLennan. Have no problem with those two players but one is on loan, one is approaching retirement. I can’t think of a better time to give a few youngsters game time. There is no long term plan. 

Was shouting to get Max and Bair on at the interval until I realised Max wasn’t even in the squad. 

I can't even begin to describe how poor our set up was tactically at the start... that was mental. He tweaked things so that Mitchell came out to right back when in possesion and Wright pushed on and played in a 4 infront of a single holding midfielder- a 34 y/o converted cb. Guess where the goals came from? That was mind blowingly poor. The centre of the park was just wide open.

Every player on that park was shocking today. MacPherson and Phillips improved us in the middle, but that wasn't hard.

Make no mistake, that is without doubt the worst team I have seen score 4 goals here. They were far from good, just we are that bad.

I have been desperate for CD to prove me wrong. Desperate for him to turn it round and show us he can build a decent team- but that was the final straw for me.

His stubborness has brought him success in the past, but it is now destroying his legacy and whats been built over the past decade or so.

The club just reeks of a lack of care now. From on the pitch, the pitch itself all the way to how the business is run.

9 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

I can't even begin to describe how poor our set up was tactically at the start... that was mental. He tweaked things so that Mitchell came out to right back when in possesion and Wright pushed on and played in a 4 infront of a single holding midfielder- a 34 y/o converted cb. Guess where the goals came from? That was mind blowingly poor. The centre of the park was just wide open.

Every player on that park was shocking today. MacPherson and Phillips improved us in the middle, but that wasn't hard.

Make no mistake, that is without doubt the worst team I have seen score 4 goals here. They were far from good, just we are that bad.

I have been desperate for CD to prove me wrong. Desperate for him to turn it round and show us he can build a decent team- but that was the final straw for me.

His stubborness has brought him success in the past, but it is now destroying his legacy and whats been built over the past decade or so.

The club just reeks of a lack of care now. From on the pitch, the pitch itself all the way to how the business is run.

Spot on!

Ready for some abuse here but I really don’t  understand what some people are seeing in Ryan McGowan and Graham Carey.

Also think Mitchell is dross at RCB. Think he is probably quite good/capable in the middle with a couple of half decent centre backs either side of him but he is never ever a RCB in a three.

To further wind people up, I think Wotherspoon, Phillips and MacPherson is the midfield that we need to be playing if Davidson is sticking with this fu**ing 2-3-1-2-2 / 3-2-1-1-2-1 pi**.

It might be raw but it’s not like his experienced, old head, I can trust you approach is getting us anywhere.

Matthews

McGowan(Brown*)  Mitchell  Considine  Booth

Phillips   MacPherson(Hallberg**)

Wright                                      Wotherspoon

May

Clark

*Dont rate Brown or McGowan but it’s all we have

**Think he is a better player than MacPherson so it’s a toss up but think Hallberg will be offski at the end of the season so might aswell play someone who will be here 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

10 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Ready for some abuse here but I really don’t  understand what some people are seeing in Ryan McGowan and Graham Carey.

Also think Mitchell is dross at RCB. Think he is probably quite good/capable in the middle with a couple of half decent centre backs either side of him but he is never ever a RCB in a three.

To further wind people up, I think Wotherspoon, Phillips and MacPherson is the midfield that we need to be playing if Davidson is sticking with this fu**ing 2-3-1-2-2 / 3-2-1-1-2-1 pi**.

It might be raw but it’s not like his experienced, old head, I can trust you approach is getting us anywhere.

Matthews

May

Clark

**Think he is a better player than MacPherson so it’s a toss up but think Hallberg will be offski at the end of the season so might aswell play someone who will be here 

Brown is a terrible footballer, Gallagher too. A lot of good money spent on rubbish.

10 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Matthews

May

Clark

Would be happy with that but won’t happen under Davidson as he doesn’t have the players to play anything other than 5 at the back until we’re at least 2 or 3 goals down 

Well what to say about that....

I actually thought we started ok and looked the side to be playing on the front foot without really threatening much.

Then Livi hit us with two counters that we can't defend for toffee and the game is pretty much over. Third goal was just inept defending and at half time you could have subbed off almost any of them. No surprise to me that Wotherspoon and Carey didn't come out in the second.

Credit to McPherson and Phillips, their midfield positioning and performance was night and day vs the guys that started.

We almost got something out of that, which given the defending in the first half tells you that Livi weren't that great...although they might argue they had taken the foot off and were going through the motions.

CD is rightly getting it in the neck.....but the players have to take a look at themselves after that first half performance.