St.Johnstone V Celtic Sunday 5th February 2023

SaintJet

Despite that I came away thinking we played relatively well and have certainly played worse.

McPherson benefiting from someone with him in midfield on the same wave length in a very impressive display from Phillips. Thought Brown, Wright and May also had good games.

Seemed like the first two Celtic goals came from us switching off on the left hand side...perhaps a sign of why Gallagher has struggled to get into the side recently....although to be fair to him I think most would struggle against Jota.

Thought Celtic played within themselves in the second half and I was a bit disappointed we didn't change things earlier in the second half. When we did the game was gone and there wasn't enough time to get back into it....assuming Celtic didn't just find that next gear.

22 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Despite that I came away thinking we played relatively well and have certainly played worse.

McPherson benefiting from someone with him in midfield on the same wave length in a very impressive display from Phillips. Thought Brown, Wright and May also had good games.

Seemed like the first two Celtic goals came from us switching off on the left hand side...perhaps a sign of why Gallagher has struggled to get into the side recently....although to be fair to him I think most would struggle against Jota.

Thought Celtic played within themselves in the second half and I was a bit disappointed we didn't change things earlier in the second half. When we did the game was gone and there wasn't enough time to get back into it....assuming Celtic didn't just find that next gear.

I thought mazo had his worst game of the season apart from that I agree wholeheartedly. 

12 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

I thought mazo had his worst game of the season apart from that I agree wholeheartedly. 

Yeah, heavy ground didn't suit May as he found it heavy going. Didn't seem to affect Celtic players as they managed to run in behind most of the game.

Didn’t think it was a 4-1 game,Saints put some decent stuff together second half,could have made the changes earlier,Considine!! I’ve seen oil tankers turn quicker,all the ability to read the game and all the experience he has ain’t much good if he doesn’t have the legs to back it up,constantly too slow.

Apart from Spoony for the injured Wright ,Davidson waited til 80th minute to make any subs when May and Carey were blowing out their arse half way through the second half. As on Wednesday he was scared to make subs instead it made matters worse.

A squad of 30 plus and he only trusts about half a dozen.

21 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

Didn’t think it was a 4-1 game,Saints put some decent stuff together second half,could have made the changes earlier,Considine!! I’ve seen oil tankers turn quicker,all the ability to read the game and all the experience he has ain’t much good if he doesn’t have the legs to back it up,constantly too slow.

Assume it is just a one game ban for Consadine.

A free week next week so hopefully we can get Wright and Clark back fit for United game.

Probably need a bounce game to try out a new defence and give Gallacher some game time. He had a decent enough game today but the fact he was playing without any real game time this season is crazy.

A weird kind of game.

We didn't play badly, actually much better than recent times against this bunch, at least we had a go.

celtic are simply miles ahead of anybody else in the league. Every time they attacked they looked dangerous.

Thought Considine looked his age today. Does well against most teams but up against this kind of speed and intensity, he can't cope now.

Brown had a good game for me, as did Phillips and MacPherson. Cammy does need to work on his set piece delivery though.

May struggled on his own up front, as he always does without a striking partner. Bad luck losing Clark to injury.

I was desperate for changes to be made from about ten minutes into the second half when it was obvious things needed freshened up.

The last goal was annoying. 3-1 was probably fair but it wasn't a 4-1. Can't argue with the red.

Anyway, that's that done. A quick break then a run of really important games.

Get a bit of momentum going and could maybe even sneak a top six place.